↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > P400e Area (L663) > Preconditioning/Schedule/PodPoint - what am I doing wrong!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rhywle

Wales 
Preconditioning/Schedule/PodPoint - what am I doing wrong!
Loving my first Land Rover with a P400e …

All going very well save I can’t seem to get it to charge in the cheap period? I have a schedule preferred time and I have a precondition for 8am every morning.

The only problem seems to be that as soon as I plug in then it starts charging. I can stop the charging but then it doesn’t do anything when ‘paused’

I must be doing something wrong? Has anyone had success with this please?
Post #932524 5th Dec 2021 5:53pm
hezor

Finland 
I have a P400e with OS3.0.0 software. OS3 completely revamped the EV screens including setting charge periods.

I normally use "Immediate Charging". But I have tried "Smart Charging" and "Low-Cost Charging" options, and in my case they do not work at all. When Smart Charging or Low-Cost Charging is selected (and the low cost time period has been set AND departure time has been set) and after the car is plugged in, it shows "TIMED CHARGING" in the dash and in the LR Remote app. But the issue is that the car is in that state forever - it never starts charging. It might be a bug in the software, or my car is acting up.

I'd like to get this working, as with this feature the battery could be charged during night time, which means the battery is still warm in the morning when I leave for work. This is important as it's -20C outside in Finland right now, so not much EV driving happening with a freezing battery. 22MY Defender 110 P400e SE w/ Off-Road Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack + ClearSight Rear-View Mirror & 11.4" Infotainment Screen
Post #932690 7th Dec 2021 6:17am
Rhywle

Wales 
Thanks Hezor

It's good to know it's not just me that finds it unreliable. I thought it would be as simple as "set the times and charging will happen during the lower cost times!"

I don't have OS3.0 yet - new so waiting for the SOTA. It may be that will help.

I did find a workaround - that's worked once so far - by setting longer hours on the wall charger and then setting a timed charge on Defender. It seemed to work although the Remote app reported that Defender was sat 'initialising' for hours before the wall charger let it have power. But it worked.

Be interesting to see if OS3.0 makes any difference but it doesn't sound like it will. Sad Defender 22MY P400e XS Edition … not forgetting the mud flaps!
Post #932696 7th Dec 2021 8:04am
NJSS

United Kingdom 
Has this yet been resolved ?

NJSS 2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t.
Post #949618 17th Apr 2022 8:20am
D50

Ireland 
Hi all,

I don't know if anyone has got to the bottom of this. I finally got a charger installed today for my P400e so trying to figure all this out!

I don't appear to have the "Smart" "low cost "or "Timed" charging menu options as referenced below....im running OS 3.2.1. MY23 model.

If I want to set specific time periods I have to go into settings and then preconditioning and theres an option to set charging windows, I've been trying to set it for a 3 hour period between 2am and 5am at night to avail of an EV tariff but it just starts charging when its plugged in....

Thanks
Post #956119 21st Jun 2022 4:30pm
Jonas

Sweden 
Hi!

Just bought a Defender P400e 110 Dynamic HSE in Carpathian Grey.
First Land Rover (driven BMW for the last 12 years9 and I absolutely love it!

When charging at home (have a 11 kw callbox) I try to set the charging between 1 - 5 am yesterday (cheaper price) and leaving time in 7 am. As soon as I plug in the cable it starts to charge!

Never had a problem like above with our BMW I3s.

Read the guide yesterday and it says I should have an app in pivi called "vehicles departure time" but I can't find it.

Very grateful for feedback and solutions.

Thanks!

/Jonas
Post #1004457 17th Aug 2023 7:15am
D50

Ireland 
Hi Jonas,

I have found that the manuals don't completely relate to the EV parts of the car.

I've tried to outline the process that works for me.

Select "EV" from the Menu

Click image to enlarge

Then select Charging and select the days you want to set up pre conditioning / departure times for

Click image to enlarge

Then input the preferred departure time

Click image to enlarge

On the next screen make sure you have selected "Smart Charging", you can then input your low cost hours (it should save these going forward)

Click image to enlarge

Finally, when you turn off the car, it will prompt you to charge now or delay to the low cost hours and departure time

Click image to enlarge
Post #1004509 17th Aug 2023 4:47pm
Jonas

Sweden 
Thanks for your reply, very appreciated!

Tried to follow your steps, but after I made the settings in the car and then turned it off an connect the cable the wallbox starts to flash blue (witch means waiting to charge) but after a few minutes the wallbox a firm blue light witch means it charging and the car starts to charge when I go in to the Remote app.

Very strange

i also checked updates of the pivi software and it says it was updated 7 august 2023 so it should be up to date I guess.
Post #1004530 17th Aug 2023 6:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1