↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Nanocom fails on a 2.2l Defender
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
DieselDriver

Austria 2003 Defender 110 Td5 SW Belize Green
Ianh wrote:
So we have confirmation that injector coding is NOT possible on a 2.2 TDCI using the Nanocom!

This is not right, only the 16 digit injector codes will be supported for Puma 2.2 by Nanocom at moment!
Yes, an upgrade will come.

Btw, which injectors with less or more than 16 digits for Puma exists?
From what depends this - why did Land Rover / Ford used such different injectors (all the Td5 injectors have same digits length).

Ianh wrote:
I raised the following question on the thread and sent a private message but have not received a reply.

Did you also write an email to official address?
Post #938236 18th Jan 2022 9:54pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
^^^^^^^^^^
The 2.2 Only comes with injectors that have a 6 digit code. See below from member landhank which was posted earlier in this topic. Also checking bell auto services site it confirms this. See the video on their site showing the 2.2 has six digit injector codes. https://bellautoservices.co.uk/bas2rrc-hel...ogramming/

landhank wrote:
Yes, of course. That was my first step. They confirmed that the Nanocom is only working with 16-digit codes for the injector coding (which means its working up to MY2012 with Denso injectors only). The 2.2l engine comes with VDO/Continental injectors and they have a 6-digit code.

For me it looks like that the Nanocom is having trouble with the CAN bus communication on the newer models with the 2.2l engine. Trying to do a pilot correction is always coming up with an CAN-bus error.
Post #938260 19th Jan 2022 2:30am
landhank

Germany 
DieselDriver wrote:
So, here the answers.

Quote:
The best version covering Puma is the 1.35 or latest Beta.

For injector coding the Nanocom support only the 16 digit injector codes.
The pump learn is supported.

As for sensor values, have you checked those values on multiple cars showing wrong values?

Moreover, they havent got any report of wrong values for Defender Puma. So, it does not look like that you have asked the BBS support team. Wink

@landhank: Which firmware release do you use on your Nanocom?

Iam using V1.35 and tried the beta version of V1.36 as well. Both are coming up with the same problems.
The pilot correction isnt working, too. It comes up with a can fault code 7F.

I checked it on 3 cars by myself and had many contacts with different users/owners in this forum and in the blacklandy forum as well. All are reporting the same problems.

I tried to get an answer from the support team on the 29.09.2021, 02.10.2021, 04.11.2021 and the 09.12.2021. Ive got an answer on the 10.12.2021 where they told me that the 2.2l is covered. Of course i answered and reported all problems that i know... without getting an answer back until today.

I was in contact to one of the mods from the nanocom forum as well. In that forum there is a thread about "Defender 2.2 Bad Readings" which started in 2016 without any result and a thread about "Puma 2.2 Injector Code" which has no idea how to fix the problem.

Of course i would be more than happy if bbs would come up with an update because, as i said, the tool worked more than fine on my 2.4l and it would be fantastic if it would do so on the 2.2l.

@DieselDriver, obviously bbs is answering your emails... if you want, i can send you some screenshots of all those problems later on to forward them to bbs? Maybe that helps to sort out all that trouble?

Cheers
Landhank
Post #938265 19th Jan 2022 7:34am
DieselDriver

Ok, please send me an email with all your questions (please a PDF file). Then the BBS support should answer all the things (I send you my email via private message).

Do all 2.2 Puma engines worldwide uses 6 digit injectors?
I think no, because why did BBS implemented the 6-digit injectors and not the others?
Post #938342 19th Jan 2022 3:54pm
landhank

Germany 
As far as i know all 2.2l models have the 6-digit injectors because this engine is equipped with parts from VDO/Continental and not with Denso parts like the 2.4l model.
Post #938433 20th Jan 2022 7:22am
DieselDriver

Ok strange, but I do not understand why BBS implements only 6-digits support, when none of the 2.2l Puma Defenders uses this injectors.
Let's wait for their answers - maybe they can clarify this.
Post #938437 20th Jan 2022 7:58am
Ianh

United Kingdom 
DieselDriver wrote:
Ok strange, but I do not understand why BBS implements only 6-digits support, when none of the 2.2l Puma Defenders uses this injectors.
Let's wait for their answers - maybe they can clarify this.

I think you meant to say but I do not understand why BBS implements only 16-digits support.
Post #938491 20th Jan 2022 2:10pm
DieselDriver

Sorry, of course, I meant 16 digits.

update: development department from BBS will answer soon. Smile
Post #938556 20th Jan 2022 7:29pm
Julie

France 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
DieselDriver wrote:
Ok, please send me an email with all your questions (please a PDF file). Then the BBS support should answer all the things (I send you my email via private message).

Do all 2.2 Puma engines worldwide uses 6 digit injectors?
I think no, because why did BBS implemented the 6-digit injectors and not the others?

Puma 2.4 engine = Denso injectors = 16 digit coding = Nanocom support

Puma 2.2 engine = Siemens injectors = 6 digit coding = no Nanocom support

It's that simple... worldwide
Post #939636 26th Jan 2022 9:00pm
DieselDriver

update:

Blackbox Solutions is working on a solution for programming the injector codes for Puma 2.2.
In the past they also fixed all bugs, let's just wait a bit.

landhank, I also forwarded the email I got from Blackbox Solutions to you.
Post #941310 6th Feb 2022 9:04pm
Fernando

Argentina 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Bonatti Grey
I am having the same problem with a 2.4 engine Puma (Invalid CAN response: 7F)
Post #943483 22nd Feb 2022 8:08pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
Any updates on the three areas where the nanocom fails on a 2.2 defender.

1. Injector coding
2. Showing wrong readings when trying to check oil and intake temp etc in the ECU.
3. ALM support I raised on https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic68425.html plus what’s the answer as to why one member on here used the nanocom to set indicators to blink when activating alarm and in doing so immobilised the engine ! Have they investigated why this happened and rectified the issue ?
Post #945271 10th Mar 2022 11:06am
Ianh

United Kingdom 
Just wondering if BBS have fixed the problems above as 7 months have passed!!!
Post #964797 12th Sep 2022 8:02pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
Checking on the injector coding issue I went on the Nanocom forum.

Under the “diesel management” section there is a topic called “Puma 2.2 Injector Code” several users have highlighted the issue regarding not being able to input or read 6 digit codes for the 2.2.

Nanocom have advised they are working on it but nearly 2 years have passed and there is not a complete fix.

So far they have a patch Release_136_Beta3 to try while they fix the issue, this was highlighted in may 2022. This lets the 6 digit codes be entered however the read function still does not work.

NB.
I also pointed out that on this forum, in this topic, a member stated that Pete at BAS stated that there is actually no such thing as a pilot correction learn in the 2.2 engine management and it is worth Nanocom checking this out as prior posters there have highlighted they get an error when trying to do pilot correction learn on a 2.2 . This may be because there is no facility to do pilot correction learn on a 2.2 ‘s engine management but the feature to do it on the 2.4 has been mistakenly left as an option on the Nanocom for the 2.2.!!

If you have a nanocom and want this issue sorted it will help if you go on the Nanocom forum and also highlight that you would like a fix to this issue. The more people do this the more likely it is to get resolved in quicker timescales.
Post #964870 13th Sep 2022 1:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123