↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Pulled the trigger!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
nowrxo

I've had matrix lights on a couple of non-LR cars, and I think they're brilliant. If you don't drive a lot when it's dark though, perhaps it's not worth it. It's nice just turning them on and leaving them to do their thing, not worrying about blinding anyone or not being able to see as much as you possibly can.

And the various dances they do as the LEDs turn on and off is quite entertaining.
Post #932208 2nd Dec 2021 4:13pm
stingray

Wales 
Mine was changed to 23MY, so I built online the closest I could get to the original 22MY order spec, including adding the matrix lights, and dealer has agreed to hold the price as ordered.
Can you do the same, perhaps?
Post #932236 2nd Dec 2021 8:43pm
walfy

Initially when my order changed from 22 to 23, the dealer set up my crossover order. I noticed that matrix were missing, a quick email was fired off and within the hour, was informed that matrix could be added and he'd missed that on my original build.
Roll forward 24hrs, email from dealer informing me, he'd made a mistake and matrix were no longer available as an option on the 110 HT SE.
So I've saved myself £650. But then fell in love with the lazer lamp kit which is just about the same price. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Then an hour later, another email from dealer confirming I knew that the interactive display was also not an option. Which I already knew. 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #932321 3rd Dec 2021 7:53pm
jim4244

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
…….and so it continues 😩

Hi James

Just back from a week off and getting caught up and we have gone to load the order as 110 HSE D250 and it will not allow you to have the Clear sight Interior rear view mirror.

If your happy to go with this build I will send you the new order quote and finance quote?

Jim
Post #932656 6th Dec 2021 6:36pm
walfy

Thats not good. I think I'd sit and wait if I get that message 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #932700 7th Dec 2021 10:00am
RDR

United Kingdom 
Interactive dash seems to be a major problem for LR, they have now stopped it as an option on the D5 HSE you can only have it on the new top of the line Metropolis.

Will these HSE's be less desirable in years to come? 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY16 HSE Luxury - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
D3 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
Post #932721 7th Dec 2021 1:32pm
walfy

Seems like its

Interactive dash
Matrix lights
Clearview camera
360 cameras

In fact it's all the options that make the Defender stand head and shoulders above the rest 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #932725 7th Dec 2021 2:25pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Im shocked on the digital dash on disco...and actually the defender as an option (clearly everyone selects it Rolling with laughter ) but how many more chips does it take than running a screen in the middle anyway?

Although looking its a NCO you need to select on disco, smart move Mike
Post #932735 7th Dec 2021 3:04pm
walfy

Having seen a memo today, it seems like if you want any nice elctronic goodies you have to order top of the range in any vehicle from JLR.
So it would be safe to say that those vehicles have the biggest profit margin and they don't seem too interested in the run of the mill punter spending £60-70K.
But spending that amount doesn't shout run of the mill to me 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #932737 7th Dec 2021 3:08pm
nowrxo

walfy wrote:
Seems like its

Interactive dash
Matrix lights
Clearview camera
360 cameras

In fact it's all the options that make the Defender stand head and shoulders above the rest

And the head-up display as well.
Post #932781 7th Dec 2021 9:01pm
4B4B

United Kingdom 
RDR wrote:

Will these HSE's be less desirable in years to come?

I think in years to come many of the vehicles built around this time period will have some stigma of being the 'covid models'. Whether it's due to being supplied with bits missing from the spec, built with inferior components, or being shunted on and off the production line car park that has been built next to the Nitra plant.

Will it have any real effect? Probably not. Demand is so high for these vehicles at the moment, people will be happy to just get their hands on anything, so overall, for a few years residuals are likely to remain good. It will only be when the fully spec'd versions become widely available on the secondhand market that prices might diverge more.

Until then enjoy some slow depreciation on the vehicle you get. Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #932890 8th Dec 2021 8:32pm
jim4244

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
So, the ordering saga continues!

After having an XS cancelled and then told that the HSE I ordered could not be supplied with the through view rear mirror I went back to my original XS order. Now, 3 weeks later, I’m being told that the XS can only be supplied with the smaller central screen.

What an absolute joke Land Rover are when it comes to folk who want to spend a considerable amount of money on their vehicles. I can’t understand how some have ordered a car and the car has been with them in a few months with all equipment as specified whilst others are messed around firm pillar to post.

Good Evening James

We have been informed that you can no longer have the 11.4” screen and it will be a 10” screen.

Are you happy to proceed?

Kind Regards

I’m at the stage of cancelling and just waiting for the Grenadier 😡

Jim
Post #938136 18th Jan 2022 10:39am
walfy

I feel your pain, I thought the 10" screen was standard across the range.
I've had no contact from my dealer, which is the same as yours so my 110 HT SE is still in holding. Time will tell. But if I get the same as you then I'll be seriously considering cancelling my order and stick with what I currently have.
I don't like the Grenadier so that will never be an option on my drive 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #938137 18th Jan 2022 10:49am
4B4B

United Kingdom 
Following two failed separate orders for a Defender last year, I gave up and decided to walk away. Yet seeing the current run of Defender adverts on national TV running each night, I thought I'd pop back on here assuming that supply issues must be easing. But by the sounds of it, nothing has changed...

After giving up on the idea of of Defender with the features I wanted being a realistic possibility in the short to medium term, I decided to buy a 20-month old Disco with low milage. OK, it's not the vehicle I really wanted, but it has the features that I couldn't get on the JLR modified Defender order offerings. Clearsight mirror is great, as is the Matrix LED lighting. A nice clean dash with the full digital dials, (the three-quarter horribly cut analogue dials as the offered substitute were just too naff to look at daily). Not that I find myself looking at the main dash so much, as it has the elusive HUD, which I'm finding a lot more useful than I thought it would be. The tow pack with the electrically deployable tow bar, (another thing I couldn't have), is a nice addition, as are the 360 cameras. And .....two! keys.

I'll enjoy driving this for a bit, and maybe next year when JLR have less supply chain issues, I'll have a third attempt at the Defender.

The wait has never really bothered me to much, it's the lack of certainty on parts/options that JLR suddenly impose upon customers that really started to irritate.

In the meantime JLR's Defender advert must just be a tax write-off, with the added bonus of keeping the secondhand sales values high. Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #938159 18th Jan 2022 1:09pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Jim, well I’ve heard nothing about my XS order which was originally Ordered in July, and then reordered a couple of weeks ago as a 2023 model. If they tell me I can’t have the screen or any other bits then that’s another one cancelled. Coming from a car that has digital dash, large screen and matrix lights I’m not going backwards just to have a Defender. 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #938178 18th Jan 2022 3:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>