↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Pulled the trigger!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Not recently but mine has been unslotted since April.

Even when they discussed it may be be built it was always stressed as a may. So not a confirmed date. So September went to end of Oct, then beginning of Oct, then back to mid Sept. So officially I've never had a build date, but officially its probably been unslotted since August when I turned down the analogue dash.

Hence I've now pulled a Bavarian trigger Thumbs Up
Post #930414 19th Nov 2021 7:46pm
TRGRichie

United Kingdom 
Pick mine up next week, but the price of getting built was obviously accepting the analogue dash, but as it the standard dash in a ht it wasnt a downgrade as such but a loss of the upgrade I had chosen. Put the cold climate pack on it it’s place. L663 90ht
Post #930416 19th Nov 2021 7:58pm
walfy

jim4244 wrote:
Hmmmmm…… I’ve just had an e mail from Marshall’s informing me that -

“It is with regret that have to send you this email but we want all our customers to have the same information we have.
We have received communication from Land Rover confirming that they have unslotted some of our orders that have confirmed build dates and sadly one of the affected orders is yours.

This now means that we do not have a build date for your Defender, I am trying to gain further information from Land Rover as to why this has happened but I believe it to be due to the Worldwide shortage of semi-conductors which is having a knock on affect to the supply of parts needed to build vehicles

As soon as I have gained further information I will be back in touch but if you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me”

Anyone else had anything similar?

Jim

Jim

Yes had the same. I notice they sent it at 1655 on a Friday. So not a lot of chance to call and moan until Monday by which time frustrations will of subsided.
I'm not sure if I'm happy with this or not. Would I be happy with an order that only had 1/2 the options and get the car when stated o wait and get the whole car I want.
Either way, it's put me in limbo. I think I'll still sell my current Puma Defender and drive a eurobox until my order is built.
The bit I find puzzling, my last change date was this last week. I made a change to my build a couple of days before the date and Rachel responded that the changes were OK and build was going ahead as planned. 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #930417 19th Nov 2021 7:59pm
walfy

pjm-84 wrote:
Not recently but mine has been unslotted since April.

Even when they discussed it may be be built it was always stressed as a may. So not a confirmed date. So September went to end of Oct, then beginning of Oct, then back to mid Sept. So officially I've never had a build date, but officially its probably been unslotted since August when I turned down the analogue dash.

Hence I've now pulled a Bavarian trigger Thumbs Up

Thats the frustrating bit, I had a build date and I'd passed my last change to build date as well. Makes no sense when they pull your build so late in the process 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #930418 19th Nov 2021 8:01pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
No build date as such.

Interesting as I've tried to drop a few options from my build that didnt add value for resale and that is stuck in limbo as LR are considering whether its an 22MY or 23MY. i.e they are not accepting any changes on 22MY at the moment until the order is considered and confirmed as being 22MY or amended to 23MY. This has been rumbling on for 3 weeks now

I expect this will take a few more weeks as LR appear to work backwards through the backlog. Dealer hopes the car would be here by next March but didnt sound confident

Have to say I've lost interest but have to stay with the process to avoid the commission fee which is payable if I cancel. If LR say 23MY and more money.... happy days I can consider walking. If the car arrives ( LMAO), then I can use it until the BMW arrives (which may be late due to semiconductor issues) then I can P/EX it for the BMW.

At the end of the day I'm 95% sure that the Defender will have a short life with us due to the fact that LR have well and truly annoyed me.
Post #930426 19th Nov 2021 8:51pm
walfy

I made changes to my build on 12 Nov with a no more change date of 17th Nov. LR confirmed then that it would still be a 22MY build.
But now thinking its going to be a 23 MY build. Will now have to re-evaluate the build spec and the obvious price increase. 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #930483 20th Nov 2021 11:30am
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Been into the dealer this morning as I haven’t had an update for 2 months, ordered car at beginning of July. It’s just sat in holding pool. Asked him if I was likely to see it by March and he said that the worst case scenario was September!!
They had a second hand XS P400e in the showroom 21 plate with 4.5 K. Looking at the spec would have cost 75K new. It was for sale at 101K. This is getting stupid. 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #930494 20th Nov 2021 1:39pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
walfy wrote:
I made changes to my build on 12 Nov with a no more change date of 17th Nov. LR confirmed then that it would still be a 22MY build.
But now thinking its going to be a 23 MY build. Will now have to re-evaluate the build spec and the obvious price increase.

My dealer's response from the 9th Nov. I requested changes on the 1st Nov

Quote:

Apologies for not acknowledging sooner. We are trying to interpret the recent communication from Land Rover and are also waiting to hear what 22MY builds will or won’t be fulfilled.

We’ve had specific instruction from Land Rover not to submit any 22MY spec changes while Land Rover while they are undertaking the task to decide and allocate the builds.

So for this reason, I’m unable, at this stage, to submit the amendment and we will need to await further communication as to whether your particular vehicle will be built as 22MY (in which event we can then I guess make the amendment), or if we are asked to amend to 23MY.

Sorry again Paul as I know this won’t be what you wanted to hear from this end but we need to wait for further instruction and news from Land Rover before we can decide best action from there.

As soon as I’m able to convey further news I will let you know.
Post #930525 20th Nov 2021 8:41pm
walfy

I know my dealer mailed LR to confirm my changes and I received the amended order sheet back showing the changes and new amended price.
Seems not all dealers are operating the same. Which is not surprising really.
Just wish LR would sort their build process out. Getting so close to build date and then have it pulled is just crap.
I can see why people are going elsewhere to buy their new car. 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #930565 21st Nov 2021 10:39am
jim4244

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
Arrrgggghhh……. Have just been contacted by the dealership and they have asked me to sign a new order form for a MY23 model.

Apparently the specs on the models has now changed so I think that I’ll nip across to the configurator to see if the XS still offers the best equipment level as standard when compared to the HSE.

Bloody annoying as I have just put my 1997 Defender 90 up for sale in anticipation of getting my new Defender 110.

They ended the email by telling me that my new build will be given priority……😂

Jim
Post #931988 1st Dec 2021 10:53am
jim4244

The upside so far is that the MY23 comes with the larger central screen as standard….

Jim
Post #931989 1st Dec 2021 10:55am
Tim in Scotland

Disadvantage could be that you now have to pay a higher price on a new contract? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #932034 1st Dec 2021 1:59pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Don't know at the moment....price protection has been mentioned. Normally set on the vehicle but not the options.
Post #932040 1st Dec 2021 3:02pm
jim4244

Tim - it now works out very slightly cheaper as the MY23 has the large central screen as standard.

Jim
Post #932044 1st Dec 2021 3:44pm
walfy

jim4244 wrote:
Arrrgggghhh……. Have just been contacted by the dealership and they have asked me to sign a new order form for a MY23 model.

Apparently the specs on the models has now changed so I think that I’ll nip across to the configurator to see if the XS still offers the best equipment level as standard when compared to the HSE.

Bloody annoying as I have just put my 1997 Defender 90 up for sale in anticipation of getting my new Defender 110.

They ended the email by telling me that my new build will be given priority……😂

Jim

Jim

Just had the same email. I'm now 23MY. Initially on change over they missed off the matrix lights, so my build was a bit cheaper.
I'd sort of accepted that fact, but mailed to confirm. Seems when they transferred my build to 23MY they missed off the matrix lights. So now I'm torn between adding them or accept the premium LED lights.

Has anyone driven with both? Are the matrix worth the £650 increase in cost? 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #932186 2nd Dec 2021 2:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>