↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > XS order anyone help with what is going on?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Jmaz

XS order anyone help with what is going on?
Evening chaps,

I placed an order for a Defender D250 XS in early November, spoke to several dealers who advised waiting times of 6-9 months so I paid a deposit and went ahead.
In January I was contacted to say that because I have selected 3 zone climate I also require the cabin ionisation which is fine. But in this email thread I spotted that my car was not actually ordered until the end of Dec 21?

I have spoken to the dealer in question about this and not been given any explanation about this and they cannot even give an estimate date for my car.
I have been sent a screenshot of their system and the order is simply created a month after I placed the order and it has not even been confirmed.

I appreciate there are delays, but I have a car arriving from Porsche and another on order and they are able to give estimated dates throughout the process.
Is my order yet another horror story I have read on this forum or is this the norm in Land Rover world?

I wanted the car to arrive June 21 and several dealers were confident of this due to the model/engine I was after.

Cheers
Post #942364 13th Feb 2022 8:58pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Lottery I'm afraid. On the plus side you've ordered a diesel so you'll probably have less of a wait.
Post #942390 13th Feb 2022 10:54pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
It is probably because your chosen dealer didn't have any allocation left in November so they put the factory order in when they had more allocation. Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #942394 14th Feb 2022 12:15am
lightning

United Kingdom 
As above, my dealer has an allocation of three per week, so mine was actually ordered a few weeks after l put my deposit down.

You are lucky being quoted this Summer. For my 90 HT l am being told NEXT Summer, that's Summer 2023
Post #942516 14th Feb 2022 9:15pm
Kiter25

Scotland 
Original order from September 21 was cancelled in December 21 and re ordered as 23my and initially told august/Sept 22. Now confirmed build end April 22 and due to arrive mid May 22. P400E X Dynamic HSE. I have gone a bit tick happy on the options but I was told to avoid selecting the clearsight rear view mirror as it would definitely impact delivery times.
Post #942538 15th Feb 2022 7:03am
Buz1500

United Kingdom 
That’s interesting as my order for a P400e X-Dynamic HSE was raised back in November 2021 and I’ve yet to see even a build date. Currently I have a tentative delivery date of August 2022.
Post #942546 15th Feb 2022 8:25am
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Yes a bit of a lottery.

I avoided the P400e due to the delivery issues at that time but went for a P400 instead. Now into month 11 with no build date.
Post #942549 15th Feb 2022 9:03am
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
PJM, have you tried speaking to any other dealers? Might just be best to start with a clean slate somewhere else. The P400 XS is showing the shortest delays on the LR website. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #942612 15th Feb 2022 5:34pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
No. The problem I have is that I've bought it via DTD so have a hefty discount, now further topped up via the change to 23MY (I think the discount is circa 8.7%). Also if I cancel/ walkaway I have pay DTD their £362 commission under the T&Cs.

My poor T5 camper is getting the abuse and clocking up the miles.
Post #942615 15th Feb 2022 6:10pm
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Ah mate, that sucks. Sounds like there’s probably something going on they aren’t telling you about as they know they can sell other cars to people without a discount. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #942619 15th Feb 2022 6:58pm
4B4B

United Kingdom 
pjm-84 wrote:
No. The problem I have is that I've bought it via DTD so have a hefty discount, now further topped up via the change to 23MY (I think the discount is circa 8.7%). Also if I cancel/ walkaway I have pay DTD their £362 commission under the T&Cs.

The change from MY22 to MY23 with specs like the matrix led headlamps being dropped, and increased cost, counts as a change of contract. You’ll be able to cancel without being liable to any penalty. I did.

Just get it in writing first.

BTW Matrix LED headlamps are absolutely brilliant and worth having if anyone that drives at night is not sure. Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #942646 15th Feb 2022 9:08pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Interesting. No change on spec or price for me from 22MY to 23MY, apart from the 11.4 screen being included within the standard build.

To be honest the "alternative" car, ordered in October, is ETA June to the Dealers. Just chomping at the bit at the moment for a dog car to save my Cali
Post #942655 15th Feb 2022 10:13pm
4B4B

United Kingdom 
The Matrix LED Headlamps were standard on the 22MY HSE, but were dropped and became a £650 option on the 23MY. There were a couple of other changes also if I remember correctly. Additionally, the garage that DTD put me in contact with couldn't say who was going to burden the price increase. JLR also made the HUD* option I had ordered unavailable on the 23MY version.

So all in all, there was plenty to justify that the contract had been changed. TBH, the garage jumped at the chance of cancelling my order. (and DTD fully understood, saying there would be no penalty). As you indicate in another post. Probably not fussed about having allocations taken up by those that they are having to discount heavily. Which is why I decided to wait until the covid/post covid supply chain issues are over, and am driving a nicely loaded pre-covid Disco to tide me over.

*HUD, I thought this might have been a bit of an extravagance, but since having it, finding it really useful to see the current speed, the speed limit, and sat nav directions up on the windscreen without having to look down. First world luxury I know, but nevertheless, useful. And worth considering when they are back as an option. Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #942688 16th Feb 2022 11:39am
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Steve D?
Post #942693 16th Feb 2022 1:19pm
Jmaz

Thanks for the replies.
Like a previous poster I got ~£3k off the car as I had a dealer match DTD.
The XS comes with a lot of things as standard such as the matrix lights and clear sight mirror.
I am awaiting to hear back from the salesperson and principal regarding what’s going on. I just find it bizarre that they cannot offer a estimate delivery date.
Post #942773 17th Feb 2022 12:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>