↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Pulled the trigger!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
mf7480

jim4244 wrote:
Here’s what I was sent giving me the date. As far as I can see the vehicle will arrive as ordered and spec’d?

I ordered on 4th September 2021.

Click image to enlarge

Jim

I used Marshall and also had my car within 4 months
Post #924685 6th Oct 2021 8:06am
walfy

I used Marshals but have heard nothing. Not sure if the military sales aren't prioritised like other sales?? Perhaps a mail to them might be in order.
When you say ordered on 4th Sept was that the day you paid your deposit or when they accepted the order? 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #924702 6th Oct 2021 10:34am
jim4244

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
The 4th was the day I paid the deposit. I’m buying through Marshall’s Military scheme.

Jim
Post #924703 6th Oct 2021 10:47am
walfy

@Jim

Same here, through mil sales, paid deposit on Sept 1st. Heard nothing so far. Have sent them a polite email requesting an update.
Lets see what comes back 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #924704 6th Oct 2021 10:49am
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
No news on mine. Still in the holding pool (coming up to 6months) and its looks like this may go across to MY23 model (mentioned as being a few weeks away by the dealer). So possibly a price rise in the offering. It will be a no from me.

So BMW X545E or back to a D3 V8, or maybe a D4 Log burner.
Post #924716 6th Oct 2021 1:05pm
walfy

jim4244 wrote:
Here’s what I was sent giving me the date. As far as I can see the vehicle will arrive as ordered and spec’d?

I ordered on 4th September 2021.

Click image to enlarge

Jim

Jim

Looks like I might see you at the dealership then Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

After asking for an update, I have just received the same email. Chuffed to bits. Just in time for my birthday. 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #924719 6th Oct 2021 1:15pm
colingriffiths5

Build Dates Deleted
I ordered an XS way back in April. In August was given a last spec change date of 01/09/21 and a build date of 01/10/21. The week before the spec change date i was asked if i would proceed without the digital dash and confirmed i would but still getting the 11inch pivi to me no big deal . on the build date i spoke to the dealer to check and he came back saying the dates have been remove , and it wasn't just my order but a number of others customers . They are hoping its a short term scheduling problem and the dates will reappear !
Post #924732 6th Oct 2021 2:31pm
SN

Get that Digital Dash put back in then I would suggest - every day you drive it, it'll remind you of what you missed otherwise! Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #924742 6th Oct 2021 3:23pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
Re: Build Dates Deleted
colingriffiths5 wrote:
I ordered an XS way back in April. In August was given a last spec change date of 01/09/21 and a build date of 01/10/21. The week before the spec change date i was asked if i would proceed without the digital dash and confirmed i would but still getting the 11inch pivi to me no big deal . on the build date i spoke to the dealer to check and he came back saying the dates have been remove , and it wasn't just my order but a number of others customers . They are hoping its a short term scheduling problem and the dates will reappear !

Just to confirm - you spoke to your dealer on the 1st October, fully expecting the car to be ‘built’ with a view to getting it in about 4 weeks time, and were told LR simply doesn’t have any idea what is happening?

I hope this doesn’t happen to mine. Last spec change was the 15th Sept and due to be built on the 15th October.
Post #924775 6th Oct 2021 8:32pm
walfy

Well after the excitement of being allocated a build slot and delivery date yesterday, Not sure on date of build, just delivery to dealership on 7th Jan.
So a quick scoot around social media and there are several people with orders in being told that for the rest of 22my there will be no surround cameras and no adaptive cruise, when asked where they are and which market is affected they haven't responded. So it may be the US in which case I don't really care to much, plus others are being told no matrix lights, so if the issue of the 11" screen isn't resolved and the digital dash isn't either then thats a lot of toys being removed from the build. If I lost all of these features, not sure I'd take the build. It would be a severe downspec of an SE with onward sale being severely affected.

Has anyone else heard of these features being dropped? If it was 1 person saying it, I'd say they misheard the dealership but when several are saying it, it makes you think 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #924841 7th Oct 2021 1:16pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Seems there's several posts in the same vein:

Click image to enlarge
Post #924868 7th Oct 2021 5:11pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Interesting question for me is, when will the chip situation resolve and how long to get back, JLR are in the business to sell cars with the options wanted. I understand why this is impacting different elements, options/systems require elements not available etc and that just in time supply when it’s hard to get commitment is a challenge

What they can’t do is screw the production flow or produce cars half built

Got to get back to some normality and quickly Mike
Post #924922 7th Oct 2021 10:15pm
Sat Rat

United Kingdom 
With the ongoing spec issues due to the micro chip supply shortage, has anyone asked if the car you've ordered that has now been offered with less tech , ie analogue dash non matrix LED, adaptive cruise control, are the JLR/dealership lowering the OTR price?.
Post #924945 8th Oct 2021 7:56am
colingriffiths5

Re: Build Dates Deleted
tooth_dr wrote:
colingriffiths5 wrote:

Just to confirm - you spoke to your dealer on the 1st October, fully expecting the car to be ‘built’ with a view to getting it in about 4 weeks time, and were told LR simply doesn’t have any idea what is happening?

I hope this doesn’t happen to mine. Last spec change was the 15th Sept and due to be built on the 15th October.

Yes to confirm i spoke to the dealer on the 1st "Build Date" with fingers crossed and was told the above dates deleted. they have said this happened with a few other builds a couple of weeks ago and dates reappeared and ajusted
Post #924947 8th Oct 2021 8:14am
jim4244

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
Hmmmmm…… I’ve just had an e mail from Marshall’s informing me that -

“It is with regret that have to send you this email but we want all our customers to have the same information we have.
We have received communication from Land Rover confirming that they have unslotted some of our orders that have confirmed build dates and sadly one of the affected orders is yours.

This now means that we do not have a build date for your Defender, I am trying to gain further information from Land Rover as to why this has happened but I believe it to be due to the Worldwide shortage of semi-conductors which is having a knock on affect to the supply of parts needed to build vehicles

As soon as I have gained further information I will be back in touch but if you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me”

Anyone else had anything similar?

Jim
Post #930407 19th Nov 2021 7:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>