Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
TheMule

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Caledonian Blue

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I have been a little busy over the last few weeks so here are a few little updates, the series light surrounds were findings and turned out to be a rather poor colour match! Then I fitted the stainless rear door threshold and seal, nice not to have water coming under the rear door Laughing Also I degreased the engine bay and underneath too, a very satisfying and easy job ! This also allowed me to see that my rocker cover gasket is leaking so the degreasing was useful at least! Matilda was then treated to a good wash and a quick wax, I was rather pleased with the way she turned out. Whistle Then it was on to the lof powerspring, once fitted a fantastic improvement, however for anyone wishing to do it all I can say is CABLETIES, thanks grafty Thumbs Up Next up was addressing the shocking braking and replacing the servo has resulted in a night and day difference and I finally have confidence in the brakes! Future plans are to do the injector seals and harness Neutral Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #828720 30th Apr 2020 9:09pm
grafty99

Looking good! Thumbs Up 2002 90 Td5 Station Wagon
1990 Vogue SE
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200
Td5 90 Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic50767.html
Tdi 110 Thread https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic69562.html
RRC Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic54492.html
Instagram http://www.instagram.com/george_grafton
Post #828732 30th Apr 2020 10:35pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Nice work! Thumbs Up James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #828758 1st May 2020 9:21am
L110CDL

England 
Looking good there and liking the union jack Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #829097 3rd May 2020 9:03pm
Greeny

England 
Looking good!

I recently painted my light surrounds. I have a separate backing plate which covers the holes for the horn etc. It is just a thin piece of aluminium.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Instagram - @Land_Rover_Defender
Post #829191 4th May 2020 11:53am
Barneyboy

England 1986 Defender 90 2.5 n/a Diesel ST Nato Green
Hi great work there that looks very nice crikey if I had a barn like that it’d be full of land rovers Laughing Cool Thumbs Up cheers Paul
Post #829239 4th May 2020 5:39pm
TheMule

L110CDL wrote:
Looking good there and liking the union jack Thumbs Up

Yeah it’s rather neat, a guy on eBay makes them, he does loads of useful 3d printed stuff and a couple of different horn cover designs. Very reasonable too !
Post #830572 12th May 2020 12:14am
TheMule

Greeny wrote:
Looking good!

I recently painted my light surrounds. I have a separate backing plate which covers the holes for the horn etc. It is just a thin piece of aluminium.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I saw, love your truck on Instagram Thumbs Up , it just needs lowering now, I’m going down the bilstein and progressive route when money allows. I’m getting a heritage grille then colour coding that which will hopefully add some depth to the front end as it does look a little flat, it’s a defender I know, but I find myself very critical of my defender! Too much time spent looking at it most likely 😂
Post #830573 12th May 2020 12:17am
TheMule

Barneyboy wrote:
Hi great work there that looks very nice crikey if I had a barn like that it’d be full of land rovers Laughing Cool Thumbs Up cheers Paul

Thanks Paul Thumbs Up She’s taken something work just to get her to this low level Laughing yeah that’s the trouble haha, best stick to this and the series before I get any other ideas haha!
Post #830574 12th May 2020 12:18am
TheMule

Beginning to get used to this stance now, don’t regret the 285’s and 18’s at all, I’m fact I take great pleasure in some people’s distaste Laughing we all have our preferences but that’s the beauty of landrovers, you can make them so individual!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And just to show the difference between what Matilda looks like in the summer vs most of the winter Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #830577 12th May 2020 12:30am
Greeny

England 
[quote="TheMule"]
Greeny wrote:

I saw, love your truck on Instagram Thumbs Up , it just needs lowering now, I’m going down the bilstein and progressive route when money allows. I’m getting a heritage grille then colour coding that which will hopefully add some depth to the front end as it does look a little flat, it’s a defender I know, but I find myself very critical of my defender! Too much time spent looking at it most likely 😂

Thanks! Instagram is a good way of seeing peoples Landys haha. I already have the bilsteins, just need some springs and it should ride a lot better than it does now, its very harsh currently. Hopefully have some Eibach springs once the lockdown eases and I can go pick some up. Instagram - @Land_Rover_Defender
Post #833899 28th May 2020 4:56pm
BlueIn2Red

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
Great looking truck, love the wheels and stance too!

On the roof, as you're so undecided, you could try a wrap? I wrapped mine gloss black, to see how I liked it. It was fairly cheap (certainly cheaper than paint, assuming you're paying somebody else to do it of course), and while I liked it for a good while, I'm now thinking I prefer the previous colour coded roof, and it's now very easy to go back of course.

Personally, I think colour coded blue would look great on your truck - I love white roofs generally, but not so much on dark vehicles with black wheels.
Post #834346 31st May 2020 8:07am
TheMule

Thanks for the kind words ! Very Happy Im going to go down the colour coded roof in the near future definitely!
Post #846933 29th Jul 2020 9:26pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
FakeFarmer Laughing

Not seen that one yet Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post #846934 29th Jul 2020 9:31pm
TheMule

It has been a rather productive and expensive lockdown landrover wise. It kicked off with the injector seals, o rings and copper washers being replaced with genuine lr ones. Along with the injector harness and rocker cover seal. Next it was a new (to me) cubby box with the raised padded lid, made a huge difference to the driving experience! Some billet aluminium gear knobs which add a lovely amount of weight to the gearshift ! I then had a 160 mile trip To Warwick which resulted in a split boost hose halfway there, and showed a lot of oil in the intercooler pipes Sad Replaced all the boost hoses and clamps with black ones from pioneer 4x4, fancied a change from the usual blue ones you see about. Then the landy was treated to an empire tuning remap, I can’t recommend Gareth enough, he is a lovely chap and won’t leave until you are happy with the result. Speaking of the result, it is now like a rocket, the kick in the back as the turbo spools is dangerously addictive, and the whole more of the engine changes dramatically! I then investigated the cause of the oil in the intercooler pipes and found the turbo to have excessive play and when I took it apart I found that there was a lot of oil residue where it shouldn’t be, lucky not to have had a runaway engine! Surprised Having discovered this I ordered a hybrid core, I thought it would be a very daunting task but if you take your time it is really very satisfying to do, and whilst I had the turbo out of the way I serviced the engine and changed the fuel filter. I must also add that flushing the intercooler with petrol, thanks to grafty for the tip, made a noticeable difference to the performance! The truck now runs really well and I have a lot more turbo chatter and intake noise which is nice Thumbs Up I also got an itg air filter to complement the remap. Oh and clear indicators on the front, just because I danced a change Wink

My plans for the future are to save for some fox dampers and alive comfort lowering springs, in my dreams Wink
I’ll upload some photos of what I’ve been up to :

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #846940 29th Jul 2020 9:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top