↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Has anyone ordered one?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 30 <123 ... 678 ... 282930>
Print this entire topic · 
zilch

Australia 
finalised the build Saturday and paid the rest of the deposit on the following spec, now just got to wait for when
LR Australia's order books can move to build later in November ish, so i can get a firm date

110 SE P400 Eiger/Black roof & black pack, 19 inch black alloys, tow pack (includes TR2), e-diff with torque stuff,
side steps, roof rails, RAI and mudflaps, 5+2 seating.. I ditched the "Dora the Explorer" pack as you can pick up most of the items
off the options list, minus the bits you do not want, like nearly $2K Aussie for a side bin, and approx $4K aussie
for the roof rack after tax Shocked . I am pretty sure Rhino Racks will bring out a platform for the Defender sharpish and
hopefully there will be some after market under body protection plates, my RR sport bash plates all up cost $1K for
engine, transmission and compressor, land rover want nearly 2K for just a front scuff plate for the Defender

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport

Last edited by zilch on 3rd Nov 2019 7:42am. Edited 3 times in total
Post #800551 3rd Nov 2019 3:37am
Tim in Scotland

Nice spec Zilch, agree 75% of the stuff in nearly all the trim packs you don’t need/want best to buy them as dealer fitted options. I fancied the Country pack but then when I thought about it all I really needed from it were the wheelarch protectors/ extensions and the mud flaps all round. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 3rd Nov 2019 7:36am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #800552 3rd Nov 2019 7:28am
zilch

Australia 
good point Tim, i did order the wheel arch protection as well, basically took the side bin and expedition rack
off the dora pack... Thumbs Up but had to order as individual options, still saved me $6k aussie yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #800553 3rd Nov 2019 7:31am
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
zilch wrote:
finalised the build Saturday and paid the rest of the deposit on the following spec, now just got to wait for when
LR Australia's order books can move to build later in November ish, so i can get a firm date

110 SE P400 Eiger/Black roof & black pack, 19 inch black alloys, tow pack (includes TR2), e-diff with torque stuff,
side steps, roof rails, RAI and mudflaps, 5+2 seating.. I ditched the "Dora the Explorer" pack as you can pick up most of the items
off the options list, minus the bits you do not want, like nearly $2K Aussie for a side bin, and approx $4K aussie
for the roof rack after tax Shocked . I am pretty sure Rhino Racks will bring out a platform for the Defender sharpish and
hopefully there will be some after market under body protection plates, my RR sport bash plates all up cost $1K for
engine, transmission and compressor, land rover want nearly 2K for just a front scuff plate for the Defender

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Looks good to me, particularly the 400 engine relative to which I'll be interested in hearing a few "driving" impressions, I don't think there'll be any shortage of grunt.
What was you "driveaway" price for your well specced 110?....I totally understand if you do not wish to reveal.
Pickles.
Post #800666 3rd Nov 2019 10:26pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
I know the new Defender isn't aimed at current owners but I thought there'd be a lot more initial orders from this quarter. WARNING.
This post may contain sarcasm.
Post #800673 3rd Nov 2019 10:39pm
100inch

Australia 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Santorini Black
Post removed.
Post #800682 4th Nov 2019 12:13am
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Most of us have seen and not wanted sadly 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #800692 4th Nov 2019 7:52am
zilch

Australia 
Pickles wrote:

Looks good to me, particularly the 400 engine relative to which I'll be interested in hearing a few "driving" impressions, I don't think there'll be any shortage of grunt.
What was you "driveaway" price for your well specced 110?....I totally understand if you do not wish to reveal.
Pickles.

PM sent Pickles yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #800693 4th Nov 2019 8:27am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Zed wrote:
I know the new Defender isn't aimed at current owners but I thought there'd be a lot more initial orders from this quarter.

Not being funny, but I wonder if there are more on the Discovery forum who have actually placed an order, deposit or expression of interest?
Post #800698 4th Nov 2019 9:15am
J77

Scotland 
Hi all just joined up, came over from the Disco site, though currently running around in a Velar. But yeah there is a fair bit of interest over there.
I have an expression of interest placed with my dealer for a 90 but can’t place an order as of yet Rolling Eyes

So far I’ve had -

Disco 3
Fl2
Fl2
Evoque
Fl2
Disco 4
Disco Sport (didn’t like it ditched after 6 months)
Disco 4
Disco 5 (trouble)
Velar (great to drive but software trouble galore)

I’ve driven the original plenty of times but never owned one, I would’ve loved a Defender but personally I couldn’t live with one as a daily driver and couldn’t justify having two LRs.

Anyway at the moment my spec is -

Base D200 90 (possibly an S once I can see prices)
Tasman Blue
White roof
Privacy glass
Steel wheels
Air suspension (maybe)
Post #800711 4th Nov 2019 11:32am
zilch

Australia 
talking to the stealer, they said most of their inquiries and orders have come from either
LR nuts or D3/D4 owners who could just not make the leap to the D5.. yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #800824 4th Nov 2019 10:50pm
J77

Scotland 
Similar story from my dealer
Post #800826 4th Nov 2019 11:05pm
ids

United Kingdom 
J77 wrote:
Hi all just joined up, came over from the Disco site, though currently running around in a Velar. But yeah there is a fair bit of interest over there.
I have an expression of interest placed with my dealer for a 90 but can’t place an order as of yet Rolling Eyes

Ditto. I'm waiting till I see/drive a 90. I have a deposit down but not prepared to commit till I see the real thing.
Post #800985 6th Nov 2019 8:55am
plumpmoose

United Kingdom 
I cant quite push the button to actually order one (dealer super keen of course), but my refundable deposit is still lodged. HSE or 1st edition appeals, but my build lists at £63-£65k. I can get a 6-12 month old LRD5 HSE/HSElux (grey with black pack) for £45-50k. You get the v6 diesel and, as I thought, the d5 looks (with black wheels and correct colour) looks great imho. Example of LRD5 I like is here: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...amp;page=1
Post #801029 6th Nov 2019 3:05pm
Tim in Scotland

Bad news for PHEV buyers
According to an article about the 5th Gen ELECTRIC FFRR in today’s Auto-Express magazine the new Defender 110 PHEV is unlikely to go on sale until late 2021 now. Why is it taking so long to get this really important version into production, it should have been available from launch in this day and age.
Looks like I’ll be looking for my deposit back and sticking it down as a deposit on a Kia eNiro or a used iPace instead and running my TDI300 until sales of diesel fuel stop (which will probably be long after I’m dead and buried) Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #801033 6th Nov 2019 3:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 30 <123 ... 678 ... 282930>