↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > BeaTie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 26 of 26 <123 ... 242526
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
Looking good procta, just been having a look though as to what you’ve been up to. Thumbs Up

Tell you what may be of interest to you, if you wanted a bit more oomph to your HU, is a small inline din iso Amp that can be hidden behind the dash.
I think Alpine do one, plug as play and just brings up the wrms up a bit on a semi factory install.

Only all HU’s themselves only put out quite a low wattage, and they work quite hard to do that.
They only tend to put out sort of 30wrms per Chanel.

Just an idea, I don’t think they are overly expensive. Though you might already have a passive Amp anyway.
Those in-line ones are good for just beefing up a standard install without being costly or a lot of work. Very Happy Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #1024566 13th Feb 2024 12:08am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Procta wrote:
all paid for as of the 29th of this month. So Beatie is all Proctas from 1st of march Very Happy

looking at the details etc, looks like next month would have been the last payment. only £508 to pay off so i have bumped the last direct debit for that a mount and its time gentlemen please Thumbs Up

Superbulous! Very satisfying. And you’ve got your ‘spare’ driving lamps 👍
Post #1024573 13th Feb 2024 7:55am
Procta

United Kingdom 
custom90steve wrote:
Looking good procta, just been having a look though as to what you’ve been up to. Thumbs Up

Tell you what may be of interest to you, if you wanted a bit more oomph to your HU, is a small inline din iso Amp that can be hidden behind the dash.
I think Alpine do one, plug as play and just brings up the wrms up a bit on a semi factory install.

Only all HU’s themselves only put out quite a low wattage, and they work quite hard to do that.
They only tend to put out sort of 30wrms per Chanel.

Just an idea, I don’t think they are overly expensive. Though you might already have a passive Amp anyway.
Those in-line ones are good for just beefing up a standard install without being costly or a lot of work. Very Happy

I might look into that, as my speakers need a rewire, the previous owner must have robbed a car from the scrappy. so it could have rear speakers and also used the fronts too. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #1024630 13th Feb 2024 6:15pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Screbble wrote:
Procta wrote:
all paid for as of the 29th of this month. So Beatie is all Proctas from 1st of march Very Happy

looking at the details etc, looks like next month would have been the last payment. only £508 to pay off so i have bumped the last direct debit for that a mount and its time gentlemen please Thumbs Up

Superbulous! Very satisfying. And you’ve got your ‘spare’ driving lamps 👍

Be nice for me to put some money to one side now, and start saving for my own place again. This i think will be the very last car i will get a loan out for tbh. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1024632 13th Feb 2024 6:16pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
So monday Beatie will be mine! Very Happy got two letters about the monthly payments, and one with the details to settle the payment there and then. so i settled it there and then, rather than wait till the end of the month. Hard to believe 5 years ago we were having a different conversation, and i only had the 300 tdi just say gone two year. 5 years later i have an all round better landy and its now paid for.

Now i can start to save, and start to look at throwing some money at her. or should we say get my Teeth into her. I am a little tempted to go back to the sleeper thing, stage 3 her with a slight drop. Just to prove a point up here, that defenders can cut the mustard Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1024966 17th Feb 2024 3:33am
Procta

United Kingdom 
the other day, was checking Beaties screen wash at work, one of the younger lads has a freelander mk2 ( woman's car to me or a gaylander has my 306 buddy would call them ) His face was a picture when he saw the how big the engine was Laughing

" Andy that engines *ucking massive! " he popped the bonnet on his, and i think the 306 has a bigger engine Laughing

Another lad who has been training me, loves it, saying how nice it is etc. He has been in the basic models, and was very impressed with the fancies this one has Very Happy
another lad who is a setter tried to the old farmers thing, but he owns a nissan juke, so we wont go there, i didn't. ( I have seen how nissan build cars and treat people, plus i make the bits for them,) Even though i have gone from making Juke parts, to Quashi. But again my new job takes a hell of a lot more pride on what they send to customers, just need the right operators Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1024967 17th Feb 2024 3:45am
L110CDL

England 
Big day today then Procta, well done Bow down

Great your enjoying your new job Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1025227 19th Feb 2024 9:32pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
a few days ago, was the 5th year of owner ship Shocked Been a great buy this one has Thumbs Up
I am looking at eying some upgrades for her there, looking at doing some interior stuff i think, but i am wanting to do ICE for it i think. i am sniffing at replacing some gore stuff with Optimill Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1032237 20th Apr 2024 5:11pm
L110CDL

England 
wow Procta where has those 5 years gone Shocked

Can't beat when it's upgrade time Wink 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1032463 22nd Apr 2024 8:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 26 of 26 <123 ... 242526