↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > LOF POWERspring pedal assist
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 14 <123 ... 11 121314>
Print this entire topic · 
hmp125

Australia 
Greetings all,
If you have been reading my previous posts regarding all the problems I had with the LOF kit I am now happy to report that I have sorted the problem.
On my 09 defender I fitted the upgraded LOF master and spring. that combination was just no good alyhough I did have a nice light pedal the stroke was that short that there was only about 10mm before engagement.
In the end the solution was pretty simple.

I kept the mastercylinder but turfed the LOF spring and replaced with the original LR spring. That doesn't suffer the overcentre action and the pedal can be pushed all the way to the floor creating more travel and is still a lighter pedal.--- Happy now ---
Post #900969 2nd May 2021 5:03am
VGG57

Malaysia 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 DCPU Aintree Green
Greetings all,

i have install the power spring.notice that the pedal now rests quite bit higher than it did previously, its pretty uncomfortable.may i know is-it possible to adjust the pedal height?
Post #904188 21st May 2021 6:38am
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
Pedal height can be adjusted by altering rod length of master cylinder under bonnet. Although fitting the spring should nt of altered where pedal rests.
Post #904195 21st May 2021 7:00am
VGG57

thanks andy will have a look and try to adjust it
Post #904203 21st May 2021 7:28am
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver

Click image to enlarge
Post #904209 21st May 2021 7:47am
VGG57

thank Andy after adjust the pedal wow the power spring really make a lot of different! Thumbs Up
Post #905044 26th May 2021 7:10am
Greyman110

United Kingdom 
I just fitted the spring and the master and it has made a huge difference!

I did have it fitted by a garage and they said it was straightforwards.

The pedal does sit higher so I will need to look at adjusting although I will probably just leave it for now and see what its like to live with.

Overall I'd recommend this - Three thumbs up! Very Happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Post #913118 19th Jul 2021 6:03pm
LandymanStefan

England 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Well I’ve just read through this thread and I think I’ll be the only one with a bad review. I’ve just fitted the power slave, an oem master cylinder, pioneer clutch line and the power spring.

All I can say is the spring takes all the feel out of the pedal. The power slave has made a wonderfully light system but makes the bite point lower than normal which is fine. However in combination with the spring the actual bite point if far lower than the spring loaded ‘bite point’ you feel with the spring. It feels like the highest resistance is at the top of the stroke and where the bite point is it’s light as a feather. I could leave it in place and get used to it but it really doesn’t feel right under foot to me.

I think I’m going to remove the lof power spring and fit one of the black puma springs and see if I get some pedal feel back. As mine is a 2001 td5 it had the really old style return spring which I can’t refit because I’ve cut the tab of the pedal.

I’d be interested if anyone else has experienced this?
Post #932534 5th Dec 2021 7:16pm
PatrickB

United Kingdom 
deaallen wrote:
I made a post about this yesterday not realising this post already existed...

I bought one of these springs and fitted it after a lot of stress and frustration - Seriously this was one of the most frustrating and annoying jobs I've done on my defender! Shocked

I'm not sure I actually like it over the stock one, its definitely lighter but the tension seems to change suddenly depending on how high up the pedal is, I didn't notice this with the original? I'm hoping I'll get used to it and its just the change I don't like, especially after putting so much effort into fitting it

I was wondering if anyone else has changed theirs to the LOF one and what they thought of it?

I fitted this today in my 2010 2.4 using the zip tie method which made it fairly easy to do in the end.

Have to agree with deaallen though, not sure I’m enjoying the feeling of it. Mine also seems to increase in tension near the top of the pedal, has anyone else experienced this and manage to resolve it? Is it a case of adjusting the pedal height with master slave cylinder?
Post #943105 19th Feb 2022 10:49pm
PatrickB

United Kingdom 
Oops didn’t mean to double post that..!
Post #943106 19th Feb 2022 10:49pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
As mentioned earlier, the feel is very different to the standard spring but it's just a case of breaking the 'muscle memory' and getting used to it. Most of us have forgotten about it after a few days use. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #943126 20th Feb 2022 9:58am
Ride_Fly_Sleep

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Indus Silver
Hi there, new poster here!

Am fitting the LOF spring to make it a bit easier for her indoors to drive my 110 Puma. Loved the video about how easy it is to install! 15 minutes!

Bum holes is it. With the pedal dropped as low as it will go against the floor, there is still 15mm at least to compress the spring before manoeuvring it into the locating lugs.

I don’t mind a tricky job, but I’d prefer the advertising video to be a bit more honest! I’ve taken a picture to try and show how much the new spring has to be compressed by. If you can do that by hand with a pair of mole grips then good on you! Currently trying the piece of wood and screaming obscenities method.
Post #962147 18th Aug 2022 5:06pm
Penfold_6290

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
You may want to try bending the locating tabs on the pedal box out to make fitting the legs of the spring easier then bending them back in again once you’ve done it. I struggled for hours with two pairs of pointy mole grips and taught the neighbours all sorts of new words. In a fit of temper I bent the tabs out, spring went right in, bent them back, hey presto..sorted.

Does your pedal box have the limit setting bolt fitted, accessible from the engine bay, below the MC? You may want to wind that bolt out in order to allow your pedal to drop further to assist the fitting.
Post #962172 18th Aug 2022 8:08pm
GXC67

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Zermatt Silver
Just had the LOF updated clutch master cylinder fitted, had already put stronger spring on. It’s superb, couldn’t be happier with the feel of the clutch pedal now, no more sore knee, and makes my 110 so much nicer to drive
Post #967840 16th Oct 2022 12:42pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Such a good mod Thumbs Up
Post #967841 16th Oct 2022 12:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 14 <123 ... 11 121314>