↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > INEOS Grenadier > Main Grenadier discussion thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 36 of 106 <123 ... 353637 ... 104105106>
Print this entire topic · 
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Time was when I could have said that this was the girl's Grenadier. Of course, I'd never say it now. Now left.
Post #906092 2nd Jun 2021 8:04am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Stealing more of the ground JLR used to own... can't help comparing it to the Katie Price special edition:

Click image to enlarge

Although, I'm glad they didn't follow the seating upgrade:

Post #906094 2nd Jun 2021 8:26am
spudfan

Ireland 
My take on the demonisation of the internal combustion engine.
The powers that be will allow cars fitted with an internal combustion engine to be sold. They will take your money gladly. You will pay, vat,excise duty and lots of other things as well. Your fuel will be heavily taxed. People who go electric/phev or hybrid etc will be subsidised from money taken from you with your traditionally powered vehicle.
I think this is unfair. Traditionally powered vehicles should be allowed run on without owners being penalised until there is a viable alternative and infrastructure ready to go. Then an edict can be issued that from a certain date we want you to buy THIS electric vehicle. As far as I am concerned anyone going non diesel or petrol at the moment are infact guinea pigs testing out technology at my expense.
I stopped to help a family in a car that had broken down last year. I was in the series 111. I was not asked what my emissions were but they were glad to see someone stopping and helping them on their journey.
Over here when you pay your house electricity bill there is a charge built in to subsidise the green energy windmill generation thing.
Now these windmills are financed by people in businees, sports and start up power companies out to make a profit. In order to guarantee this profit I and every one else pay a subsidy on their home electricity. Why can't the green thing stand by itself? There is nothing green about scrapping a perfectly good traditionally powered car unless it is an end of life scenario. Let us run side by side without penalisation until there is a viable truly green alternative out there.
What puddle? wrote:
Diesel has been demonised for some time, and I can see why. A couple of years ago I passed some little kids on their way to school. A van pulled out of a side turning and covered them with smoke. It was unpleasant to see that.

Yes, we rely on diesel so much for all our goods, but it does have to go. The only time I switch my recirculating air on in my van is when I'm behind some smokey van (or Audi!) flooring it.

Never mind, diesel, we could be looking at teh end of the internal combustion engine altogether. This yesterday...

"In light of the electrification push by automakers and the restrictions that will be imposed by certain countries like the UK, the future of the internal combustion engine was already in doubt. Now, however, there are fears that Euro 7 emissions legislation could kill it off as early as 2026. Euro 7 laws will come into force in 2025 and the proposals from the European Commission’s Consortium for Ultra Low Vehicle Emissions (Clove) of engineering consultants could spell the end of engines as we know them, including those in hybrid vehicles, says the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA). The ACEA believes that the emission limit scenarios presented by Clove, coupled with the suggested new testing conditions, would in practice result in a situation very similar to a ban of vehicles powered by an internal combustion engine, including hybrid electric vehicles,” the automakers association says. The Euro 7 proposal could force petrol ICE vehicles to be fitted with a heated electric catalyst, two 1.0-liter conventional three-way catalysts, a 2.0-liter particulate filter, and an ammonia slip catalyst. What’s more, it has also been proposed that ICE vehicles could be fitted with an on-board diagnostics system that would monitor the engine to ensure it remains in compliance with emissions regulations for 150,000 miles. The ACEA believes that such devices would be close to impossible to use in small cars and hard to integrate into current vehicle architectures, and would result in ICE-powered cars becoming more expensive, Autocar reports. Technical solutions designed to meet, or intended to meet, the proposed extremely low limit values for NOx, combined with very stringent limitations of NO2 and NH3 [ammonia], will be very costly and massively complicated,” added the ACEA when discussing the idea of using ‘super’ catalysts. “To drive the technology requirements to this point will severely limit the possibilities for CO2 and fuel consumption reduction and have significant uncertainties on durability and operating costs over the vehicle lifetime.”
 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #906111 2nd Jun 2021 10:08am
Orchard

[quote="Supacat"]Stealing more of the ground JLR used to own... can't help comparing it to the Katie Price special edition:

Land Rover didn't build that one, they refused to Rolling with laughter KP had to get it 'modified' elsewhere. 2015 90 XS SW Bowler
1998 TD5 CSW
Post #906122 2nd Jun 2021 10:44am
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Quote:
My take on the demonisation of the internal combustion engine.

The thing is, many people believe that the green agenda is all for nothing at all. We got notification yesterday that our electricity bill is rising by 50%...50%!

Obviously, we switched supplier immediately. I have been researching climate change since 2003, and know a fair bit about it. This forum isn't a place to start that argument, I know, but it would be great if people knew more about the issue. It most certainly isn't clear cut!!! It's ALL based on atmospheric sensitivity and feedbacks...both unknown.

So much is based on 'climate change' now that the whole issue has become loaded with argument. People think that we KNOW we are going to fry...we don't! Anyway, I wrote this webpage for my family if you want to know a little more...
http://griffithsfamily.club/page2.html
It doesn't explain sensitivity or feedbacks in detail, but does give a general idea. Now left.
Post #906135 2nd Jun 2021 12:40pm
spudfan

Ireland 
[quote="Orchard"]
Supacat wrote:
Stealing more of the ground JLR used to own... can't help comparing it to the Katie Price special edition:

Land Rover didn't build that one, they refused to Rolling with laughter KP had to get it 'modified' elsewhere.

Land Rover never had "body work" to equal Katie's Whistle 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
Post #906136 2nd Jun 2021 12:45pm
Orchard

Quote:
This forum isn't a place to start that argument, I know, but it would be great if people knew more about the issue. It most certainly isn't clear cut!!!

Sorry but putting statements out like that and providing a link to your personal opinions which you claim are irrefutable facts, is to say the least contentious. I can't let this go un-challenged - see this NASA link which provides an alternative perspective https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

To quote one paragraph: "Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree. Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities"

That doesn't sound like '....some scientists agree...' Your right - this isn't the right thread/forum to be discussing this, so no more from me. 2015 90 XS SW Bowler
1998 TD5 CSW
Post #906163 2nd Jun 2021 4:31pm
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Shocked I didn't say that my "personal opinions are irrefutable facts". Would you kindly point out where I said that, or retract it? Thank you. Why do people write things that others don't say? What I DID say is that it isn't as clear cut as people are led to believe. The '97% of scientists' thing was debunked years ago by fact-checkers, Forbes:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexepstein/2...c1e8cb3f9f
...and many others. But if you knew anything about it, you wouldn't have put that. You also link to a NASA site which says the Earth is warming! No one (and especially me) is denying that! So again, why did you write that? Orchard, please explain yourself.

I'm happy to have a PM discussion about it with you, but please refrain from saying something which I have not said. There are very few 'facts' about the science of climate change, and the fact that there so few facts is the whole problem summed up nicely. Now left.
Post #906190 2nd Jun 2021 7:29pm
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
It looks better in blue than pink.
Post #906194 2nd Jun 2021 7:42pm
ResGuy68

United States 
Yep. The blue colored one looks spectacular.

If they could only figure out (remove) the front and rear plates which hang down WAY too far... and maybe tidy up (raise) the side frame rails while they're at it.
Post #906200 2nd Jun 2021 8:05pm
spudfan

Ireland 
Modifications for the series 11? 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
Post #906201 2nd Jun 2021 8:06pm
Supacat

Click image to enlarge
Post #907166 10th Jun 2021 8:23am
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
Now all the people will complain - about that poor dogs joints suffering for jumping in and out without a ramp.... what have you done...
Post #907174 10th Jun 2021 9:06am
Mountain_man

Wales 
Saw my first one in the flesh driving west through Abergavenny a couple of days ago. Looked spot on.
Post #907214 10th Jun 2021 12:51pm
Supacat

Simon Audi wrote:
Now all the people will complain - about that poor dogs joints suffering for jumping in and out without a ramp.... what have you done...

I'm hoping this one doesn't have to jump from there...

Click image to enlarge
Post #907224 10th Jun 2021 1:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 36 of 106 <123 ... 353637 ... 104105106>