Page 35 of 105 <123 ... 343536 ... 103104105>
Print this entire topic · 
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Zed wrote:
Supacat wrote:
1st interior shot:

Click image to enlarge

Is it just me or does the headroom look a bit lacking in that photo?

I thought that. If they were sat up a bit more their eyes would be level with the top of the side window Question
Post #904529 23rd May 2021 10:38am
Philip

United Kingdom 
I see it gets a cameo in the Ineos Hygienics television advert.
Post #904920 25th May 2021 1:23pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
I think that's the point of the car for Ineos. A massive tax write-off and friendly face of a petrochemical company. Similar to his football clubs and greenwashing sponsorship of cycling and sailing teams. WARNING.
This post may contain sarcasm.
Post #904943 25th May 2021 4:34pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
A couple more details from Facebook, although as pre-production prototypes, there's no saying if the detail will make it into production:

Click image to enlarge
Post #905485 28th May 2021 3:31pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
That rear skid plate looks like a real dogs dinner, I hope that isn’t the finished article. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #905493 28th May 2021 3:51pm
Philip

United Kingdom 
The front one looks just as bad.
Post #905494 28th May 2021 3:52pm
RFT

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Zermatt Silver
Zed wrote:
I think that's the point of the car for Ineos. A massive tax write-off and friendly face of a petrochemical company. Similar to his football clubs and greenwashing sponsorship of cycling and sailing teams.

What is green washing?
There is more honestly in the petrochemical industry than the virtue signalling 21st century eco movements and grant chasing green projects. Try living your life without us nasty oil, gas and chemical industry types, you might find it quite hard. 130 Puma HCPU with an Artica 240LR Demountable Camper
Post #905893 31st May 2021 10:03pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Very true RFT, but that’s not the way ‘most’ people see it.

Diesel in a matter of a few years has gone from green and fuel efficient to an environmental basket case.

Most objectors and haters don’t realise that their supermarket would be empty without its help. Alternative fuelled long distance HGVs other than those run on vegetable oil (McDonalds) or LPG seem a fair way off yet.

Companies such as Ineos (and many others besides) have PR departments to soften their appearance (as do Politicians!)

It wasn’t long ago cigarette advertising was all over motorsport and Snooker and many other sports. Objectors are now pointing fingers at petroleum producers for sponsoring the arts. These organisations will by public pressure have to drop these companies and their millions and find sponsorship elsewhere - as motorsport and all had to with their tobacco money.

Still love the John Player Special Lotus and Norton’s. Never been a better looking racing livery in my opinion and never made me take up smoking.
Post #905902 31st May 2021 11:07pm
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Diesel has been demonised for some time, and I can see why. A couple of years ago I passed some little kids on their way to school. A van pulled out of a side turning and covered them with smoke. It was unpleasant to see that.

Yes, we rely on diesel so much for all our goods, but it does have to go. The only time I switch my recirculating air on in my van is when I'm behind some smokey van (or Audi!) flooring it.

Never mind, diesel, we could be looking at teh end of the internal combustion engine altogether. This yesterday...

"In light of the electrification push by automakers and the restrictions that will be imposed by certain countries like the UK, the future of the internal combustion engine was already in doubt. Now, however, there are fears that Euro 7 emissions legislation could kill it off as early as 2026. Euro 7 laws will come into force in 2025 and the proposals from the European Commission’s Consortium for Ultra Low Vehicle Emissions (Clove) of engineering consultants could spell the end of engines as we know them, including those in hybrid vehicles, says the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA). The ACEA believes that the emission limit scenarios presented by Clove, coupled with the suggested new testing conditions, would in practice result in a situation very similar to a ban of vehicles powered by an internal combustion engine, including hybrid electric vehicles,” the automakers association says. The Euro 7 proposal could force petrol ICE vehicles to be fitted with a heated electric catalyst, two 1.0-liter conventional three-way catalysts, a 2.0-liter particulate filter, and an ammonia slip catalyst. What’s more, it has also been proposed that ICE vehicles could be fitted with an on-board diagnostics system that would monitor the engine to ensure it remains in compliance with emissions regulations for 150,000 miles. The ACEA believes that such devices would be close to impossible to use in small cars and hard to integrate into current vehicle architectures, and would result in ICE-powered cars becoming more expensive, Autocar reports. Technical solutions designed to meet, or intended to meet, the proposed extremely low limit values for NOx, combined with very stringent limitations of NO2 and NH3 [ammonia], will be very costly and massively complicated,” added the ACEA when discussing the idea of using ‘super’ catalysts. “To drive the technology requirements to this point will severely limit the possibilities for CO2 and fuel consumption reduction and have significant uncertainties on durability and operating costs over the vehicle lifetime.” Now left.
Post #905925 1st Jun 2021 8:20am
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Diesel has been demonised for some time, and I can see why. A couple of years ago I passed some little kids on their way to school. A van pulled out of a side turning and covered them with smoke. It was unpleasant to see that.

Yes, we rely on diesel so much for all our goods, but it does have to go. The only time I switch my recirculating air on in my van is when I'm behind some smokey van (or Audi!) flooring it.

Never mind, diesel, we could be looking at teh end of the internal combustion engine altogether. This yesterday...

"In light of the electrification push by automakers and the restrictions that will be imposed by certain countries like the UK, the future of the internal combustion engine was already in doubt. Now, however, there are fears that Euro 7 emissions legislation could kill it off as early as 2026. Euro 7 laws will come into force in 2025 and the proposals from the European Commission’s Consortium for Ultra Low Vehicle Emissions (Clove) of engineering consultants could spell the end of engines as we know them, including those in hybrid vehicles, says the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA). The ACEA believes that the emission limit scenarios presented by Clove, coupled with the suggested new testing conditions, would in practice result in a situation very similar to a ban of vehicles powered by an internal combustion engine, including hybrid electric vehicles,” the automakers association says. The Euro 7 proposal could force petrol ICE vehicles to be fitted with a heated electric catalyst, two 1.0-liter conventional three-way catalysts, a 2.0-liter particulate filter, and an ammonia slip catalyst. What’s more, it has also been proposed that ICE vehicles could be fitted with an on-board diagnostics system that would monitor the engine to ensure it remains in compliance with emissions regulations for 150,000 miles. The ACEA believes that such devices would be close to impossible to use in small cars and hard to integrate into current vehicle architectures, and would result in ICE-powered cars becoming more expensive, Autocar reports. Technical solutions designed to meet, or intended to meet, the proposed extremely low limit values for NOx, combined with very stringent limitations of NO2 and NH3 [ammonia], will be very costly and massively complicated,” added the ACEA when discussing the idea of using ‘super’ catalysts. “To drive the technology requirements to this point will severely limit the possibilities for CO2 and fuel consumption reduction and have significant uncertainties on durability and operating costs over the vehicle lifetime.” Now left.
Post #905926 1st Jun 2021 8:20am
What puddle?

United Kingdom 

Post #905927 1st Jun 2021 8:21am
ResGuy68

United States 
Lots of colorful discussion on the forum regarding environmental policy and potential/likely impacts on future car purchasing trends.

I would quickly highlight that the discussion is centered around European policy and trends. Europe is notable in having much higher carrot-stick incentives for EV sales (generally in the 25k+ range), and accordingly, much higher EV adoption. Other markets with smaller EV carrot-stick incentives (E.g. US at <15k) have shown much weaker EV adoption.

Europe constitutes only 15MM units of an annual 90MM global demand, and it is likely that this vehicle is being underwritten with a global sales perspective. Right or wrong, we continue to see strong consumer demand for high-emissions vehicles in "developed" (US, Canada, Australia) as well as developing (China, India) markets abroad.

Ultimate success or failure of the Grenadier is likely to be driven by global demand factors. As we discuss the commercial merits of the Grenadier, it may be helpful to consider these respective markets. (I know that I am personally interested in commentary as relates to the Australian, Canadian, South African, and so-on markets).
Post #905977 1st Jun 2021 3:41pm
Tribord

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Zermatt Silver
We have been flooded with the cycle teams this evening. I drove in to the carpark of the hotel being used by the Ineos team to get a photo of my defender parked next to the Grenadier, but it wasn't there Sad only a fleet of Mercedes Sad
A pity, when Le Tour passed through here last year I only got to see it driving past, so was hoping for a closer look.
Post #906015 1st Jun 2021 8:28pm
spudfan

Ireland 
Just got this update.

Click image to enlarge

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE
INEOS GRENADIERS
Over the past three weeks, the INEOS Grenadiers have put in a herculean effort on the Italian tarmac roads and gravel tracks at the Giro d’Italia. Displaying true Grenadier Grit, Egan took the fight to the others in the General Classification and came up victorious across treacherous terrains and souring altitudes. Always up for a challenge, the INEOS Grenadier 2B prototype was also there every step of the way.

Congratulations to everyone at the INEOS Grenadiers Cycling Team and to Egan in particular, who have proven that dedication, testing and preparation are key to success. Next stop, Tour de France! 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #906041 1st Jun 2021 9:45pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #906080 2nd Jun 2021 6:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 35 of 105 <123 ... 343536 ... 103104105>