↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Grumpy Old Man Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 257 of 265 <123 ... 256257258 ... 263264265>
Print this entire topic · 
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Swine&Small wrote:
Yes ,I was broadsided by a cyclist jumping a red light. Shame was he broke his arm and not his neck.
Had the gall to ask to borrow my mobile phone and then became abusive when he failed to understand that I did not own one.
Nasty piece of work. Evil or Very Mad

The first time was quite bad, crossing the road at a zebra crossing and just before I got to the other side and this dude came between a car and the pavement and ploughed into me full speed. He said “are you alright? sorry i’m Late for an interview” and proceeded on his way after seeing I was fine, he has ripped his trousers like a school kid though.

Second time I was at 4 way pelican crossing in Aldgate and he obviously jumped the lights as it wasn’t even that roads turn to go and crashed into me. He then asked what my problem was but he shut up when it was clear that I was getting visibly irritated and verging on violence.

Also saw a 8x8 tipper truck slam brakes on from 50mph trying avoid a light jumping cyclist going agonisingly slow. He did hit her but at that point he braked about half a foot after hitting her. I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #780827 9th Jul 2019 3:09pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
blackwolf wrote:
I have even met ar**hole pedestrians who give pedestrians a bad name!

AKA ramblers....
Post #780879 9th Jul 2019 9:03pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
7 cyclists tonight on my way home bunched together in a narrow Cornish lane, not respect for other road users, no wonder you have such a crap reputation on the roads, I have no sympathy with people like this and they give all cyclists a bad name.

Documentary on channel 5 about to start clarifying the nightmare that cyclists are.....,,, 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #780881 9th Jul 2019 9:13pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Well..... cyclists may be a problem to some, but how about a Mercedes driver this evening attempting to over take me as I turned right into my field.

Hell knows how he missed me. The road out here isn't particularly wide and the indicators (in fact all lights) on both my trailer and Defender are working and the indicators were working. What an absolute idiot!! I stepped on it (well as much as you can in a Defender towing a trailer) hoping that he would be caught by the traffic at the roundabout at the main road, but alas not.

The thing that upsets me so much is that I don't mind him killing himself, but I just don't want my Defender creased. I've only just got it back from the bodyshop after JLR tried to get rid of the rust.

I would like to add at this point, I am not saying all Mercedes drivers have their brains removed, just this one. I think he works in the village so I am off this week working on the hedges. Unless he decides it is safer leaving by the other end of the village, he needs to pass me twice a day Whistle
Post #780884 9th Jul 2019 9:40pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Neighbours
Was away from home yesterday, returning home to find that our neighbour had decided to put up a retaining wall, without planning, (DP as called in France), without notifying us, even though they (the neighbours - second home) were at the chalet for the whole weekend, as were we, and without agreement that they could dig holes and fill them with concrete almost 1m into our land. Not a word said, not a hat tipped, not an agreement made. And this is to extend their garden so we will have their garden 2m+ above us, looking straight into ours. And because of the position of the concrete we won't be able to plant trees as we had planned. Extraordinary. Everything you can see to the left of the pink line is our land.

Click image to enlarge

And this is not the first thing they've done. Fence taken down and not replaced; 50m trench dug across our land for drainage, without permission and only 2/3rds filled back in - I had to fill the rest in by hand; 3.5m high illegal roof terrace built just 36cms from our garden, 3m from our kitchen and guest bedroom; security lights that point into our garden and guest bedroom lighting things up like Colditz. We've been here 7 years.

We get on with all our neighbours. We have developed the farm following every letter of the law. WTF is wrong with people? Either they just don't care; or they don't care about hacking us off because they're only here for 4-6 weeks a year and can avoid us; or they think because we're Brits we won't know the law and won't oppose them or chase them. Well, today it stopped. Went to the Mairie, blocked the build and am waiiting to hear from them. But they'd better be wearing full body armour because after 7 years of BS I'm at the end of my tether. What f**kwits.... Mad Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #785461 7th Aug 2019 1:23pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
You think that's bad, our fat neighbour mows his lawn in a football top.
Post #785470 7th Aug 2019 1:48pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #785472 7th Aug 2019 1:52pm
Rashers

Classic, Greeni Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #785498 7th Aug 2019 5:18pm
shropshiredefender

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Re-cycling Attempt - Welshpool Powys
To the recycling centre this morning with a bag full of assorted electronic gizmos.

Jobsworth on the gate (with his "I'm very important" yellow jacket) stops me and says that I need a permit to enter the site in a Land Rover.

W.T.F. "Just a few bits of old electronic stuff to get recycled surely that's not a problem?"

"Don't matter what it is you're bringing here if it's in a Land Rover you need a permit."

https://en.powys.gov.uk/cvt even applies to Series Vehicles Exclamation Exclamation

What a stupid attitude from Powys Council (who bombard us with incomprehensible leaflets telling us exactly what grade of plastic we can put in our recycling bin)- UNBELIEVABLE Shocked Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Last edited by shropshiredefender on 25th Sep 2019 8:00pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #795099 25th Sep 2019 7:46pm
Rashers

That's just asking to have stuff dumped on the side of the road.
Post #795103 25th Sep 2019 7:54pm
Slideywindows

England 
Had a dentist tugging at a molar tooth this afternoon.

It wouldn't come out, so he had to do a "surgical procedure" and grind away the bone around the roots.

35 minutes later and I've finished up with two stitches in the jaw.

The anaesthetic is wearing off now.

So it is fair to say I'm feeling pretty grumpy at the mo.

Not at anything in particular - just grumpy at everything - Brexit, English divorce laws, mice - everything! Twisted Evil

However, I did buy a Lottery ticket when I went to buy some painkillers and a packet of straws to drink tea through, so maybe things will get better Friday night..... Whistle
Post #795130 25th Sep 2019 9:35pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Slideywindows what did the mice do......... Rolling with laughter 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #795131 25th Sep 2019 9:40pm
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Slideywindows wrote:
Had a dentist tugging at a molar tooth this afternoon.

please dont complain about dental work.

I Smashed my four back molars (to the point where my roots were also smashed) on my left side when i was 18, and to compensate, they grafted two from my right to my left.

At least when my wisdom teeth came through i had room for growth...

Still have nightmares about my teeth though... I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #795135 25th Sep 2019 9:54pm
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
Re: Re-cycling Attempt - Welshpool Powys
shropshiredefender wrote:
To the recycling centre this morning with a bag full of assorted electronic gizmos.

Jobsworth on the gate (with his "I'm very important" yellow jacket) stops me and says that I need a permit to enter the site in a Land Rover.

W.T.F. "Just a few bits of old electronic stuff to get recycled surely that's not a problem?"

"Don't matter what it is you're bringing here if it's in a Land Rover you need a permit."

https://en.powys.gov.uk/cvt even applies to Series Vehicles Exclamation Exclamation

What a stupid attitude from Powys Council (who bombard us with incomprehensible leaflets telling us exactly what grade of plastic we can put in our recycling bin)- UNBELIEVABLE Shocked

We did have the same problem with the local recycling centre when it was run by S.I.T.A. on behalf of 3 local councils, they needed a list of everything that you intended to take and you could only have 4 permits per year. The site is now run by a different company who although the Council still requires Land Rover Defender owners to have permits do not need them. Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #795180 26th Sep 2019 11:21am
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
Our (East Sussex) site accepts my Defender and Viking Mk.III with no questions or permits. 
Post #795182 26th Sep 2019 11:42am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 257 of 265 <123 ... 256257258 ... 263264265>