↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Grumpy Old Man Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 250 of 265 <123 ... 249250251 ... 263264265>
Print this entire topic · 
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Sorry Slidey,

No win no fee usually means we spend so much time winning the case you end up owing us... I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #743818 3rd Dec 2018 9:14pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
That is a good rant ARC so well done on having a rant Thumbs Up

CPS fit for purpose? In my opinion no, they will do anything for a quiet life. Some of the arguments have heard for non prosecuting is Rolling with laughter Big Cry Rolling with laughter Big Cry

Brendan
Post #743819 3rd Dec 2018 9:15pm
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Brucey wrote:
I am saying it a bit 'toungue in cheek', but maybe Sharia Law is not such a bad thing if you look at the views above! Smile

I know what you mean. It's not just sharia law, there's been people who in the past had a reasonably good idea but took it too far.

many people have many good ideas but just don't implement the idea very well.

unlike myself of course. if I were made governor of the land there's a lot of people that wouldn't make it to their next birthday Mr. Green

crime would almost certainly be reduced and off the back of that we could generate 'green' electricity by replacing coal with corpses Thumbs Up

shares in the likes of Smith n Western would almost certainly go up as would sales of roof mounted mini-guns and that would be just the start. pots holes would quickly become a thing of the past with chain gangs being all over themselves to put the road into good repair because they know what's waiting for them if they're not committed Very Happy

anyone fancy voting me in ?

Last edited by Caterham on 3rd Dec 2018 10:14pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #743827 3rd Dec 2018 9:36pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
If you think the CPS are not fit for purpose, one of my work colleagues got called up for Jury service.

This was a few years back. The case he sat on (information from our local newspaper) was of a Guy whose best mate came round, they got drunk and one of the friends decided his mate was better of dead and smashed his head to pulp (no Caterham, it wasn't Birmingham) and pretty unpleasant.

Now my colleague seemed to be the only member of the Jury who seemed remotely interested in the case or the evidence. Some of the Jury members during deliberation wanted to acquit the bloke so they could go home sooner Shocked There were Jury members who couldn't remember evidence.

He (and I) found this quite shocking that something this important should be taken so lightly by many.

This bloke was convicted for murder (the evidence was overwhelming). It was 12-14 years ago so I would imagine if he has kept his nose clean, he will be walking past you in the streets again.
Post #743830 3rd Dec 2018 9:50pm
OsloBlue

Thank god i gave up drinking or i might be inclined to give you my political opinions if i were Supreme god-minister of the UK.

Click image to enlarge
 I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #743832 3rd Dec 2018 9:53pm
Rashers

I have to say, that’s an amazing hat.......
Post #743837 3rd Dec 2018 10:06pm
OsloBlue

I need this hat
 I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Post #743853 3rd Dec 2018 10:40pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey

Click image to enlarge
 Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #743922 4th Dec 2018 10:51am
OsloBlue

Not so much a grump but more of a gripe...

I’m no coffee house hipster fop... but I go pret maybe once a week, every Friday as a little treat. I managed to cut down from 50+ cups of tea a week to just one.

Caramel tea (don’t laugh until you tried it(and yes caramel)), Victoria sponge, porridge, sometimes a slice of shortbread/shortcake...

Always a good service, hello how are you today sir, bad weather we’re having, always make small talk with a smile. The best thing is they’re always ruthlessly efficient. I’m never there waiting after ordering for more than a minute.

Why can’t we all be like this?

Was dragged into a costa last week and it was horrendous, half dead zombies serving you who are obviously hung over or high on some Censored , can never hear them and takes them the evolution of man to be served...

Tips for pret employees I say. I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Post #744441 7th Dec 2018 8:54am
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Not a big fan of coffee chains but out of them all Caffè Nero seems best to me.

I guess Pret is OK unless you have a nut allergy..
Post #744443 7th Dec 2018 9:02am
Rashers

Couldn't agree more, OsloBlue.

When I worked away, I lived in Starbucks, Costa and McDonalds for my coffee breaks and wake me ups during the day.

I really rate McD's coffee. It's not the best, but it's fairly cheap, quick and efficient (well most of the time - Thetford Norfolk McD's please take note)

As there became more and more of the other two, the queues did get longer and the waiting and ar$eing around in them got worse and also the cleanliness - tables not being cleared, large amount of cake wedged down the sofas, staff looking disinterested and amateur you get my point?

I now rarely use Starbucks and Costa. I do however use a local independent (hipster, maybe?) coffee bar daily. The product is so much better and it is made with care. The staff, like your experience OsloBlue, are friendly and efficient. My little coffee shop probably pays more income tax than Starbucks, perhaps?

I still use McD's for a coffee for when I am out and about. The coffee is nowhere near as good as my little indy, but it is coffee at a price and it is convenient.

I do wonder whether the coffee shop bubble will burst one day. God only knows what the high street will look like then? More space I suppose for student accommodation?
Post #744445 7th Dec 2018 9:13am
Rashers

Zed wrote:
Not a big fan of coffee chains but out of them all Caffè Nero seems best to me.

I guess Pret is OK unless you have a nut allergy..

That case was really tragic, Zed. But if I had a nut allergy as pronounced as that poor girl, I am not sure I would be eating a shop made sandwich in a Pret.

My Mum has a food intolerance (not nuts). Her symptoms are reasonably mild if she encounters cross-contamination in her food. She is really careful where she eats and if there is any possibility of doubt as to whether the food could be contaminated, she wont risk it.
Post #744446 7th Dec 2018 9:19am
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
It was awful. There was also another on a plane recently. The issue is many everyday folks don't know just how serious some allergies can be. Although not for food I need to carry an epipen for my allergies.

Last edited by Zed on 15th Dec 2018 10:02am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #744448 7th Dec 2018 9:26am
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
AMAZON!!!  
Post #744473 7th Dec 2018 1:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
OsloBlue

Didn’t a poor child die recently because bullies threw a slice of cheese on him?

What cnuts. I’m fortunate I only have an intolerance to crustaecians and cephalopods.

I was on a course a couple years ago and this guy in my group had an allergy to meat, he supposedly got it from a tick or something, he was from Mississippi.

I don’t like bullies and never have. I was subject to some torment at school but nothing physical, but I think it’s made me relitavly thick skinned, and I’m actually somewhat thankful for that. There are a couple of people that I would quite happily curb stomp if they do much as said hello to me. I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Post #744478 7th Dec 2018 1:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 250 of 265 <123 ... 249250251 ... 263264265>