↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Caravan Porch Awning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Lorryman100

Zagato wrote:
Or your second boat, the transom won't rip off on that one Wink

I replaced the 115HP on my big boat with a new Honda, I am contemplating fitting the replaced 115 onto the Terhi. I'll reinforce the transom though Wink Thumbs Up Laughing
Post #139817 17th Apr 2012 1:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
That's BIG POWER. The reason I didn't go down the RIB route was because my whole 7K boat with recent new engine and trailer still cost less than a new 90 HP outboard Laughing They are monsters these engines very impressive let alone the 250+HP ones Shocked Good fun Bri with a chilled break and line out Thumbs Up

I'm hoping to get mine in the water this weekend after spending days getting it together just last filler and rubbing down and two coats of paint for the hull - nearly their, don't fancy doing it all gain in a rush Thud

This the undercoat which has had more filler in it since Sad on the home run though :D

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by Zagato on 17th Apr 2012 1:18pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #139820 17th Apr 2012 1:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lorryman100

The cost of these new engines definitely make your eyes water when you come to pay for them Big Cry

Boys and their toys Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Post #139822 17th Apr 2012 1:15pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
You said it Laughing Thumbs Up

Sorry folks a tad off topic their Whistle
Post #139824 17th Apr 2012 1:19pm
Lorryman100

Does this mean your Puma will get to meet some corrosive seawater come launch time? Shocked Whistle
Post #139826 17th Apr 2012 1:21pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Shocked Nooo way Laughing Not even the trailer wheels get wet Very Happy It all slides off the back as there is a pivot half way up the trailer - supposedly anyway, i have just put new bearings in the rear wheels just in case! To enable this the trailer is very long at the back and the first time the previous owner towed with it he wiped out a petrol pump pulling out of a garage Shocked :rolllaugh
Post #139827 17th Apr 2012 1:27pm
Lorryman100

Zag remember that the first rule of trailered boat launching is to reverse the trailer into the water. Whistle Very Happy

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #140558 20th Apr 2012 4:21pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Thud Looks like they still haven't noticed Laughing
Post #140575 20th Apr 2012 6:31pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
To get back on to the original topic and question;

I hate awnings - now I have a caravan why do want to erect a blooming tent on the side of it? However it was decreed that we needed one for the dog and boots to be dumped in, so;

I bought this porch awning at the Excel show in Feb for £100. It's very light and packs up into a small back. The pole are light - easy to erect and it proved fully waterproof and windproof over Easter.

I'll dig the name and details out if you want them.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #140581 20th Apr 2012 7:10pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
That's for you John when your in the dog house Laughing Wink
Post #140590 20th Apr 2012 7:46pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Don't give her ideas Thumbs Up John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #140593 20th Apr 2012 7:57pm
WarPig

England 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi USW Bonatti Grey
Zagato wrote:
Thud Looks like they still haven't noticed Laughing

Dont believe it, we noticed Evil or Very Mad

JSG wrote:
To get back on to the original topic and question...

Thanks for saving the day JSG, though some of those pedalos did look quite nice Mr. Green
Post #140596 20th Apr 2012 8:16pm
sparkylee

2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 DCPU Santorini Black
Pics sent by email It's good to be back from the dark side

DC110 -2012 Black with black hood and black x-tech
FFRR 4.2 vogue
Renault traffic auto
PT crusier convertible
Laika x700 Motorhome
Post #140610 20th Apr 2012 10:08pm
WarPig

England 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi USW Bonatti Grey
I ended up buying a kamp Rally 330 Club porch awning, only used it once so far but I was able to achieve an errection all on my own in about 25mins Shocked If I had someone helping me then I could have got the errection up in about half the time Wink Now I know how to do it I guess it will only take about 15 mins to errect on my own from now on.

Its just the right size for our two dogs to sleep in, table & bikes.

Click image to enlarge

Post #145311 16th May 2012 1:44pm
Pam W

England 1998 Defender 90 Td5 SW Auto Oslo Blue
Dammit I forgot I was supposed to give feedback when we got our Kampa 330 delivered! Well, it was atrocious weather so we never got it put up before the trip to Robin Hood's Bay so I had nothing to report anyway!

So I'll do a follow up piece to WarPigs! Embarassed

Got to Robin Hood's Bay and, as usual, a howling wind prevailed. Got the van all levelled that set about putting the awning up for the first time, in said wind. It took about 50 mins with the 2 of us, but that was mainly due to the wind fighting our every effort!

Anyway, it was looking a bit frail in the wind until we got the stretcher poles inserted inside, then, once it was all pegged down properly, with the additional storm straps we bought, it stood up to the increasing wind and hail and rain storms...... wind got to about 50mph during the night, and although noisy, it was all intact the next morning, all poles and pegs still in place. So all in all impressed. Might still get the 'storm poles' though, just for extra piece of mind!

Must be said that one of the other guys in the club, battled and gave up with his lightweight one as it turned itself inside out twice before nightfall and then collapsed completely. It was one of those 'tube' type ones with just the bendy poles, a bit like that red one in JSG's post above.

So a Thumbs Up for the Kampa 330 so far and, includentally an additional Thumbs Up for the supplier 'Camping and General' who acted very quickly when I notified them that on unpacking the day it was delivered I found a part missing. They contacted Kampa the next day who, again Thumbs Up sent the part direct to me within the next 4 days!

Wish all other British companies were as good.
Post #145419 16th May 2012 9:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>