↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 14 of 86 <123 ... 131415 ... 848586>
Print this entire topic · 
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
Typical! I don't look at the Forum for a while and this gets announced.

I've been using an IID BT on my Landrovers since it came out. Waited 3 years to get support for my Disco 5 and thought they had basically given up - brilliant news that they haven't.

As it is the holidays I don't expect to get on the Beta program for a while (if at all) but I am looking to activate Terrain Response 2 as the primary action. It looks like it can't actually do that yet but I'm happy to experiment.

The other thing I want to do is add an Activity Key. I'd be really interested to know if anyone has managed this on a UK Spec MY22 which came with 2 keys. I've been repeatedly told that as it has 2 keys the Security Module is locked tight and cannot be reprogrammed, even on Pathfinder and that I'd need a new module as well as the Activity Key. I'd love to hear if anyone has managed it. Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #975971 29th Dec 2022 2:31pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Have been following with interest since this first surfaced… great work everyone & thanks for all the feedback & research!

…so where do we stand in early 2023?

Is the “beta” period likely to last much longer or are we approaching a product being ready for general use?

When ready for general use, will there be some kind of guide to how to use the CCF settings for activations? Or will it always require scouting around forums and speaking to others to find which settings need adjusting?

Presumably if there are any that can’t be figured out, someone could go to one of the “activation companies” (there are a few around) and compare the before and after? Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #976493 3rd Jan 2023 10:09am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
I think Patrick is the only one that can answer how long the beta will last but we are still in the early stages at the moment so personally I think the beta will last a while yet. There is a manual for the IID tool which tells you how to upload the CCF but doesn't give which values need to be changed as the tool covers multiple cars so the list would be extensive. If you read earlier on in this thread there is a list of the things we have discovered so far and as more things are worked out that list will get bigger. I used the IID on the Disco 4's I had and most of the settings that needed changing to enable certain things were available on Martin's Disco 3/4 forum, and like here, people were eager to help out. I have to say that the IID tool is one of the easiest tools to use to make edits, I used the Black Box Nanocom prior to getting my IID tool and that was a pain to use, the IID is just so much more streamlined in the way it works. The IID tool is not just for making ccf edits it can be used to read and reset codes, view live data, alter air suspension settings, the list goes on Thumbs Up

Personally I'm waiting to turn on TR2/Auto, the advanced tow settings and have decided that I am probably going to add the V8 Alcantara wheel and paddles shifters when I have time. Mr. Green Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #976575 3rd Jan 2023 5:46pm
OVRLANDR

United States 
whiterdesign wrote:
Walk away locking only works on 2023 MY with the new BCM., according to Vulkan. So if your fuel cap doesn’t lock, walk away locking should.

I have a MY 2022 and was able to enable the walk away locking.
Post #977262 9th Jan 2023 8:48pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Have you got a locking Fuel Flap ?? 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #977283 9th Jan 2023 10:38pm
OVRLANDR

United States 
I’m not 100% sure. I won’t be near my vehicle until next week and I’ll check then.
Post #977294 9th Jan 2023 11:28pm
carsly

United States 2016 Defender 130 Other SW Auto Bali Blue
So I just ordered a Bluetooth dongle tool from Lucky8 here in the States. I've got a 2023 130, how can I participate in the beta? Thank you!
Post #977527 11th Jan 2023 1:01am
Hairy Dan

Drop Pat a PM https://www.defender2.net/forum/member-patgapinnov.html Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #977529 11th Jan 2023 1:16am
carsly

Thanks, PM sent! Looking forward to participating, exploring and contributing what I can figure out!
Post #977600 11th Jan 2023 4:10pm
carsly

Ran into a few snags - all user error - getting up and running but Pat was awesome. Quick responses and right on target (I installed the production firmware update to the Bluetooth module instead of the beta firmware, ugh). After that, it was off to the races!

So far I've enabled, and tested, the wireless hotspot and enabled dynamic mode, complete with the red gauges. More fiddling ahead as I re-read the full thread here and review the CCF on my monitor instead of my phone screen.

Oh, and I enabled the 007 splash logo, because why not? Smile

Thanks to Pat and GAP-Diagnostic. Looking forward to learning with all of you.
Post #977941 14th Jan 2023 12:00am
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
Got my new version of the IID Tool and about to start trying to enable TR2.

Looking at the options in the brochure of my MY22 the TR2 came as a pack with ATPC and Configurable Terrain Response. None of these were available separately. Has anyone tried to configure TR2 with the ATPC at the same time to see if that will get it to work? I don't want to spend hours duplicating what has already been tried.

I can't actually find a CCF entry for 'Configurable Terrain Response' so can only assume it is part of the TR2 system. Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #977965 14th Jan 2023 10:59am
Ajay(UK)

England 
carsly wrote:

So far I've enabled, and tested, the wireless hotspot and enabled dynamic mode, complete with the red gauges.

The holy grail of “Red Gauges” Laughing

Please share the ccf options you changed to get the dials to go red in dynamic mode? Most of us can only get the ambient light to change to red Rolling Eyes

Cheers,

Andy. 22MY Defender 110 X Dynamic HSE D250, Gondwana Stone with too many options!
Gone: 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Post #977979 14th Jan 2023 12:47pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
Where are you buying the device from?
Post #977983 14th Jan 2023 1:28pm
Hairy Dan

graemesmith1960 wrote:
Got my new version of the IID Tool and about to start trying to enable TR2.

Looking at the options in the brochure of my MY22 the TR2 came as a pack with ATPC and Configurable Terrain Response. None of these were available separately. Has anyone tried to configure TR2 with the ATPC at the same time to see if that will get it to work? I don't want to spend hours duplicating what has already been tried.

I can't actually find a CCF entry for 'Configurable Terrain Response' so can only assume it is part of the TR2 system.

The right settings aren't available yet for TR2/ATPC, I have been working with Patrick trying various setting on my MY2022 but so far we can't get it to work on mine. I think there are some extra codes that need decoding in order to activate it. Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #978034 14th Jan 2023 6:41pm
Hairy Dan

Ajay(UK) wrote:
carsly wrote:

So far I've enabled, and tested, the wireless hotspot and enabled dynamic mode, complete with the red gauges.

The holy grail of “Red Gauges” Laughing

Please share the ccf options you changed to get the dials to go red in dynamic mode? Most of us can only get the ambient light to change to red Rolling Eyes

Cheers,

Andy.

Yes please share your settings, I've got dynamic mode and my ambient lighting goes red but the dials don't Confused Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #978038 14th Jan 2023 6:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 14 of 86 <123 ... 131415 ... 848586>