↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Proctas Peugeot 306 HDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 9 <123456789
Print this entire topic · 
Race.it

Spain 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alaska White
thats the crazy world we live in now, in the older times things were simpler and a screwdriver, hammer and prob some tape anything could be fixed.

Is there no aftermarket pattern parts available? Or have they now got to the stage its not worth even aftermarket making parts for these cars

Maybe my age but its only a 30 year old car? Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

5 months after starting the search I found it, and here is the details
Post #949819 19th Apr 2022 9:13am
Procta

United Kingdom 
i was surprised on how little support is left of this engine, but then again its a 1st generation common rail engine from PSA. The fuel pump is out of production now, one place has a recon unit from Germany, looking at £500 quid, and i will have to send my pump in for exchange. Funny thing is that the engine its self still hung around for a good while, after the x06 range died off, but PSA changed the fuel system.
Most of the info i was reading on the forum, was pointing to a number of things with the fuel system. Which i changed, as those are the quick cheap options, some pattern copy parts are made for it like the fuel filter housing and other odds and sods. But its down to the age of the car now, as you say the early 306s are pushing 30 years old, and this one is the very last registered 3 door hatch back. The 306 finished back in 2000.

those days where you could fix a car like that, are long gone my friend. Sad Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #949886 19th Apr 2022 8:49pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
my pal has had the HP pump tested and its brown bread. Its not generation the pressure to start the engine, so another one is on order, nearly £400 all in timing belt etc.
looks like its gone due to age. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #950035 21st Apr 2022 9:16pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
my pal just needs to order the remaining odds and sods, and come down and help me get this back on the road, for the 1st time this year Shocked longest this car has been laid up sadly Sad
Once this is up and running, i am going to see if i can get the original wheels balanced, and get those sorted and back on the car. the front tyres have seen better days now. Smile
insurance is practically 200 quid to insure, which is peanuts now for this, its now a practical classic car, the lads on the forum years ago never thought these would never get old, but yep they do Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #951071 30th Apr 2022 2:43am
Procta

United Kingdom 
back in business! But a clip for the brake switch has vanished out of the dash Shocked So my brake lights are on all the time, So the steering is in bits and the switch is out at the moment. The clip is ordered off.
It was great to hear her fire up again, my mum jumped for joy when she heard her fire over. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #951889 7th May 2022 8:14pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
well she is back up and running again, after a little water leak, due to a failing housing, Age related sadly.
Took a couple of hours to swop due to hose clips failing, and her running all week with out any bother, 1st time she had some miles on this year Shocked Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #959215 22nd Jul 2022 7:45pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Also some time a go i bought these from a bloke in Middlesbrough, he drove up and delivered them to my door, Not sure if i like them though, But the drivers seat has taken a beating now, so i need to get that fixed.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

was out on a date with a babe on sunday and she said they are comfy Thumbs Up never been in a defender though, so that will change Whistle Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #960478 4th Aug 2022 12:34am
Procta

United Kingdom 
in the next few months this will be mams daily driver, they are putting their landy in for a chassis and body work revamp. my plans of sorting the bodywork has gone on hold again.
i think my dad is regretting his remark last year about scrapping it, as its saving the day Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1017100 2nd Dec 2023 4:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 9 <123456789