↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Proctas Peugeot 306 HDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
ian series 1

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
I did a 57 plate 307 HDI clutch for a lad at work on Tuesday,
Probably one of the worse clutches I’ve ever done.

What on Earth were Peugeot thinking when they designed that. Shocked
I think they built the whole car around the clutch plate.... Rolling Eyes

I would have thought if you had to replace the starter it would write the car off!

Stick to the 306. Thumbs Up 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Wanted, Forward Control Anything considered.
Post #706825 12th May 2018 9:58pm
Oakseywick

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
I had a nice blue 306 DTURBO back in my early twenties great fun car a looked pretty good as well, was pretty swift too until I blew the head Rolling with laughter
Post #706834 12th May 2018 10:52pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
ian series 1 wrote:
I did a 57 plate 307 HDI clutch for a lad at work on Tuesday,
Probably one of the worse clutches I’ve ever done.

What on Earth were Peugeot thinking when they designed that. Shocked
I think they built the whole car around the clutch plate.... Rolling Eyes

I would have thought if you had to replace the starter it would write the car off!

Stick to the 306. Thumbs Up

The 307 was one of the worst cars Peugeot ever made, all I have heard about those is nothing but trouble, This one is a little bit cramped too, for odds and sods. They recon that the very early 307s were the best, but they are not a patch on the 306, and I cannot see anything Peugeot launched afterwards has been either. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #706841 12th May 2018 11:51pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Oakseywick wrote:
I had a nice blue 306 DTURBO back in my early twenties great fun car a looked pretty good as well, was pretty swift too until I blew the head Rolling with laughter

I had one before this one, in diablo red. I used to kick that all over just for the boost, used to give! Very Happy Shame that one was bit of a bad egg sadly. This ones been pure gold! So you lads may see a bit of restoration project on here Very Happy
This one goes very well with the Defender as a hero motor, been bailing my mum out while the 200s been out of action, So its time the two defenders and me gave it something back! Very Happy I am wanting to get under there during my shut down and give it a wire brush and a nice chassis paint, Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #706842 12th May 2018 11:57pm
AJC

United Kingdom 
About 14 years ago I driver 200-400 mile each weekend to see my other half. The car I had did 17mpg so I bought a 405 Diesel for £200 and it saved me £200 Ina month. Being non turbo I upgraded to a 306 DTurbo 6 month later. Both cars never cost a penny to run and we’re reliable. Great cars.

Build quality was better then than what it is today
Post #706851 13th May 2018 6:27am
legin

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Back in the day I had a breakers yard and we used to sell a lot of French car spares one of your best sellers was 106 and 306 I even ran a couple of 306 turbo D's and even had a GTI 6 speed for a short time all very good cars ,There was a boke up the road from me who used to put the 308 turbo engines in the 106s !The cheapest fun was Citroen BX GTI's in it's day quite a fast car Laughing
Post #706869 13th May 2018 8:46am
ian series 1

The old BX GTI was an awesome car, pig ugly by today’s standards. Laughing

I must admit, between motorbikes and Land Rovers, I used to be a bit of Peugeot fan too.

My second car was little A reg 1.1 205, which did me well.

When I was working in the Body shop I brought a written off 1.6 205 GTI, (heavy front end) repaired it, and dropped in a 1.9 GTI engine, as the 1.6 had a cracked block.
That was Back in the good old days of being able to haggle and buy them straight off the insurance assessor in the workshop! Wink

There was nothing like the 205 GTI, it was an absolute animal, it’s the only front wheel drive car I’ve had where you could loose the back end Mr. Green

I then had a 4 year old 1990 405 SRI which was a match for the Citroen BX, followed by a K reg MI16 405, another Peugeot animal!

Thumbs Up 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Post #706874 13th May 2018 10:02am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Laugh is my dad had the 405 nad, which was the very, very 1st car I ever drove! That ran for fun, and I nearly got that for a 1st car, if my dad had hung on to that a few months later. He then switched the 406 which was another great motor too! I nearly chucked a metro gta to fix that! I wish I had done that really.
As far as i know, there is one Citroen BX still knocking about, only has the 1.6 engine, but has the kit for the GTi. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #706964 13th May 2018 8:28pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
well made a start on sorting out the brakes, This has turned into one of them jobs, that's going to take well over a weekend to do Rolling Eyes
Brake lines have to be replaced, My dad damaged one, that was replaced for the MOT two years ago! So that car now needs four new lines, two main ones and two little ones. Not to mention the Clips that hold the rear flexi hoses, Which I cannot seem to get hold of, Shocked
Two have rotted away,
They look very much like these but are on a FIAT, and VWs
http://www.eurocarcare.net/brake-fitting-k...-clip.html

Maybe this clip is a genetic clip, I don't know, Maybe one of you lads can shed some light, as some of you are more experienced and also in the business Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #707984 18th May 2018 9:39pm
ian series 1

Those clips are used on many other vehicles,
Any good motor factor should have some?

Or have a gander on EBay, it shouldn’t take long to find them. Thumbs Up 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Post #707985 18th May 2018 9:45pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
one of the lads pointed me in the right direction, on what he used for his car. So those are ordered off, I will collect my brake pads on Monday, I might make a start on removal of the two brake lines, Got to get the car off the ramps, as my dad thinks its a good idea, ( didn't really need to be on) Just needed to be jacked higher, so another nightmare again! Rolling Eyes Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #708073 19th May 2018 3:15pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I have had to order more parts off again, The rear brake caliper is damaged, due to the fact that the hand brake sleeve has bonded itself into the alu, then my dad damaging the rubber seals, tried to say its perished, which you can see where he has hit the thing. Rolling Eyes Tomorrow if I can get access to the front parts of the pipes, I will be laughing, as I am just going to get my friend who helped with the defenders door to give me a hand. My dads just damaging stuff now, Nearly damaged the rear alloy, by shoving the wrong socket on the wheel!
As much he is a good help but at times, he can cause more trouble. By not thinking or listening to people.
I have had to order off new hand brake cables, as we had to cut one off, a few other bits and pieces ( bolts and clips) replacement rear for the damaged one, and I clocked the other side for a few quid cheaper, so I thought Censored it, i will take that.
I know this car is getting on a bit, and some things are well on too. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #708121 19th May 2018 8:58pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well I have had a allsorts of toys turn up for this old girl, and today while it was nice and warm. I managed to move on to been nearly 70% there now. Just need to jack the front end up to access the main two pipes so that I can get the full works made up this week.
Anyway check out the new stuff Very Happy had Censored all spent on her practically since the day I bought it, ( only serviced and replaced a few things when they needed) So I am more than happy to pay for stuff for her, and give her the love that she needs!

I replaced the exhaust rubbers, but I think I will look at better ones, what do you lads have on your systems?

Pictures of todays progress!! Very Happy yeah that rear arch is a bitch, Sad going to ask about getting that fixed, as soon as the defenders got a MOT!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

new rear brakes and hand brakes, ( copper greased those this time as the pipes boned them selves into the brakes) new bolts too! Got to fit the discs and pads to the car, aswell as the brake pipes as mentioned, And get the spare wheel back under. Yeah the car is a little crusty under there, I am going to be back under there when i have my shut down, so that i can give all that a good clean up and a rust treat and a paint. I planned it for last year, but with my dad deciding to do the clutch, that bloody plan went out of the window along with the brake overhaul, thats happening now Rolling Eyes
So fingers crossed things go well tomorrow, so that i can at least get under the front.
Also this happened about a month ago or so, car was waiting just for me!! Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #709494 28th May 2018 1:00am
L110CDL

England 
Great bit of work done on the 306 just caught up on this work that had been carried out and a nice view watching it change over to the 100,000 Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #710324 1st Jun 2018 7:55pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
got the brake lines out, what a job, we ended up having to remove them from the ABS junction system! Cost me £40 to have 6 brake lines made up! My dad decided to snap one to make sure it was replaced Rolling Eyes So more money that didn't really need spending ( this line was the one that was replaced two years ago!)
I hoping to start and get this back together now, as I have the sprays and brake fluid in stock, I would have had this sorted by now but with me switching from agency to full contract, I have had to watch the spending sadly. ( from weekly pay do daily) also with the insurances coming out too, things have been well tight. Sad
I do miss having this little car on the road, I am keeping my eye out on a couple on things on ebay,
A few owners on facebook are keeping these now as secondary cars like me now, The forum that I am on for the car, has practically died now, well it dropped off a cliff if anything. Not sure why on that one. Maybe the spirt for these isn't there anymore now, as it was just like been on here. High spirts and it was all about the car. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #710538 3rd Jun 2018 1:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 9 <123456789>