↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Proctas Peugeot 306 HDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
Laugh is, I was going to scrap the old brake callipers this week, that's been in the boot since last year. Last night there a 306 owner from about 45 mins away from me. He needed a calliper, today I made his day! Gave him my spares and a few other items to help him on his way. So now I have a better boot now Laughing Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #783466 27th Jul 2019 7:02pm
L110CDL

England 
Good feeling helping out like that Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #783918 29th Jul 2019 10:26pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Its been a while since I have posted up on this, still going strong too. But its started to have a problem with the indicator system. So I think a hazard switch, relay or earth is acting up.
I did buy a second indicator stalk a couple of years ago, as it started having trouble with the lights. But the horn was on the verge of dropping to bits, so i decided to buy a new one, rather than mess about buying a second hand, if i can find one. These have practically vanished from scrap yards due to the age.
Not a hard job on these oddly enough, just a matter of getting the right driver bits.
The part wasnt that expensive, its a pattern copy but its doing the job, but how long will it last, is the key!
Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Also while i was at it, i decided to have a look at the number plate lights, They were not that bright at all, I have new units to go in, but i think i will have to remove the rear bumper, to see what the story is. As i am not 100% sure that they wll fit, due to them listed for the newer 307 etc. I know some stuff is moved over etc.
But i what i decided to do was give the lens a good ocus pokeus inside to remove all the dirt.

Click image to enlarge

I fitted a rear wiper blade too, the one I had on it, wasn't even that old!! Just replaced it a few months ago!
But i am looking at replacing the bulbs with better units, maybe some LEDs.
Also i think i will need to look at the battery terminals on this too, when i parked up to collect my takeaway and locked the car. It didnt lock! Shocked No power what so ever across the board! I managed to get back into the car, pop the bonnet, and have a feel around the contacts and the car came back to life. So i think i will have to do some spanner work there.
Also when i was using the odd trips the car would idle high, My mate used it for a couple of days, and he noticed that it was drinking a little more fuel than normal.
He said its never missed a beat at all, and its a great motor! He still wants to buy it off me as he loves it to bits Laughing
He was buzzing more than me when I bought it years ago! Jumped at the chance to use her for work.
When i got it back it was idling about 1200, which its normally idling about 950. So i popped the bonnet, while the engine was running to see if i could hear the inlet leaking. No sounds of any hissing, so i had a feel about, where the throttle cable is, and sure enough, the throttle sensor, had moved. A gentle press and the car just dropped back to her old self! purring at 950!
Another great thing, is i found someone that can balance the none centre wheels!! Very Happy So i am going to price the old units up to get re painted and new tyres back on, so i can have the proper wheels back on the car! Very Happy I think i may push this forwards after XMAS, I know its going to be another 600 Rolling Eyes but again its safety and the car needs the proper wheels back on!
I just need to look at this electrical indicator fault thats kicked off, My rover metro had this problem too, and i swopped out the relay and it never had the problem to the day i chucked the car Smile I do have a spare that a mate gave me who i bought the second hand stalk off, so i will have to dig that out. Then fit it, so i can get that ticked off. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #807721 27th Dec 2019 1:25am
Procta

United Kingdom 
dug out my spare relay I have, and I thought id go and test it. As soon as I opened the door, I thought ok I will give the hazards a press, and sure enough the system wouldn't respond, So I shoved the replacement relay in and all seems ok, My dad thinks that the relay maybe starting to stick now due to the age of it.
I am thinking the same, as the rover metro went the same way, I have ordered off a second hand rear badge and another spare relay. The second hand badge is going to get a bit of a refresh. But you will have to wait and see Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #807890 28th Dec 2019 7:36pm
L110CDL

England 
Nice read about the 306 Procta and your giving her some attention Wink 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #808112 30th Dec 2019 8:44pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I have asked one of my 306 buddies who left the 306 forum to start his own youtube channel to put a couple of links to some of his upgrades. So I will be rolling those out too at some point, this month. Thumbs Up
Yeah its time to start rolling stuff out on this now, its been untouched for years, just serviced and repaired when it needed. But now its time to look at referbin stuff now. I think I may look at changing the rear beam too. As I think that maybe starting to seize. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #808422 1st Jan 2020 8:51pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Looks like i will be doing this up now. the car failed its MOT on the rear beam sadly, i am not surprised, due to the age of the beam, also the pads need changing, i have been sold some cheap crap badged up as mintex. One has dropped to pieces! Easy fix the pads are but the rear beam will take a few days to sorce. Getting quoted daft prices from one of the lads, £1000 when i can pick a referbised unit for £175 Rolling Eyes Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #839913 26th Jun 2020 6:18pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well got a fully blown rear beam rebuilt suppled by one of the lads on the 306 forum, He did these for years as a hobby and now is doing it as a business. He sorted me out a full rear beam, with everything on it practically, bar the Abs lines and a few odds and sods. (what i have to switch over ) He did tell me about the cheap £175 beams, which he has worked on in the past, and they are done very cheaply, and ended up sorting them out for the owner. Cost me £600 all in, expensive but that's practically a plug in play, over me and my mate swopping more stuff over etc. it should be with me next week Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #844157 16th Jul 2020 10:10pm
L110CDL

England 
Great that your still keeping on top of the 306 procta and it will all pay off for you Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #844359 17th Jul 2020 10:15pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
The car owes me square root of bot all, just like Millie's engine Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #844422 18th Jul 2020 1:23am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Rear beam has arrived, so that's going to be a job this weekend fingers crossed! Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #844971 21st Jul 2020 5:55am
L110CDL

England 
Fingers crossed for you Procta Wink 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #845156 21st Jul 2020 10:23pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
rear beam on and the car is practically sorted, just need to get replacement abs sensors, i have been sent the wrong ones. So i need to fit those, and give under there a clean and a paint. Replacement rubbers are on the back box too.
Took the car out for a ride out and it is like a new car again, Bodywork though needs sorting out sadly its looking very tatty now Shocked Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #846048 25th Jul 2020 10:52pm
L110CDL

England 
Great your getting on with the underneath work Procta Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #846539 27th Jul 2020 10:30pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
i am having a bit of trouble with finding replacment ABS sensors, but that's down to the age of the car and the multi options Rolling Eyes more of the multi options if anything. Also with the 306 forum been dead now, it will take longer now sadly for replies. Most of them have moved on or laid the car up a couple of years ago. A fraction of my forum pals still own these, but most are now mothballed. So we just have to fight on Thumbs Up hard to believe 10 years ago i was having this trouble with the rover metro parts wise Laughing Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #846572 28th Jul 2020 1:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>