↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Grumpy Old Man Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 265 of 265 <123 ... 263264265
Print this entire topic · 
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Grenadier wrote:
Having been an agent for 15 years, in London and then here in France, I quite like the idea of 9-5, weekdays only. Too many Saturdays, evenings after everyone else has ‘finished for the day’, bank holidays and even Sundays lost. Thumbs Up

I agree entirely Grenadier Thumbs Up

I used to have to work weekends and evenings as an electrician. No one ever wanted to be inconvenienced so we were mostly treated like the ‘unclean’ and kept out of view.
I had one Guy in a large Government organisation office screaming at me one morning as we were checking emergency lights and were momentarily switching the lights on and off. This apparently was too much and he couldn’t work in such terrible circumstances Rolling Eyes

The only good thing was in those days we got paid overtime and earned a lot of money because the desk jockeys didn’t like us working near them. These days I am pressured to work overtime for nothing. On the flip side, I try and be friendly to the engineers who service our office fire alarms and air conditioning and make them a cuppa. I remember what it was like.
Post #946716 23rd Mar 2022 10:14am
Jabberwocky

Luxembourg 
Grenadier wrote:
Having been an agent for 15 years, in London and then here in France, I quite like the idea of 9-5, weekdays only. Too many Saturdays, evenings after everyone else has ‘finished for the day’, bank holidays and even Sundays lost. Thumbs Up

Comes with the job though. Certain jobs expect longer more unsociable hours, I’m a truck driver, long hours and crap shift patterns are part of the job.
Post #946725 23rd Mar 2022 11:53am
custom90

United Kingdom 
Powder Coat - That is all. Blasted stuff is always, flaking or peeling or need refinishing which is a pain in its self.
Much rather get the damn stuff off and paint, repainting is easier and quicker and looks nicer. Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
Red, White & Boost! 🇬🇧
Post #954015 29th May 2022 8:19pm
RFT

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Zermatt Silver
Selfish leather clad idiots
Is it just me getting older and more grumpy or our our leather clad 2 wheel road users becoming noisier and stupider?

Now we live in the Yorkshire dales I regularly see potential organ donors screaming down to Hawes, fortunately I live on a road with 4 gates so not so attractive to speed thrill lunatics. However this weekend I’ve been back in Cheshire at my Mums in Frodsham and the noise and generally ridiculous speeds through town centre have been worse than I have ever seen before. 130 Puma HCPU with an Artica 240LR Demountable Camper
Post #993548 21st May 2023 8:10pm
bm52

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
I see this thread is still going years later....
Post #997567 26th Jun 2023 1:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 265 of 265 <123 ... 263264265