↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > INEOS Grenadier > Main Grenadier discussion thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 56 of 106 <123 ... 555657 ... 104105106>
Print this entire topic · 
Mike_E

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Aintree Green
interesting - I registered my interest for the notifications/updates ages ago but have recieved no emails about early deposits in the last day or so. Seems the other "press release" type emails land a day or two later with me. Anyone else in the same boat?
Post #922632 24th Sep 2021 3:07pm
Gleo

Isle Of Man 
As that one was quoted in Euros, they probably have a different mailing group for the registered UK mailing groups
Post #922643 24th Sep 2021 4:07pm
ChasingOurTrunks

I got my email yesterday, but it was a few hours late compared to others.

But, I've been on the list since the list was a thing, so perhaps they are only doing pre-reseverations for those who got in a bit early?

What I mean is, if there was only the first XXXX number of people who joined the list got the offer to put a deposit down. They are going to have a pretty small planned production capacity, and so if they get 5000 deposits from pre-orders, that means there's only 20,000 left to sell to the public.

I'm hopeful for everyone whose interested that this is just a slow server, though!
Post #922646 24th Sep 2021 4:24pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Mike_E wrote:
interesting - I registered my interest for the notifications/updates ages ago but have recieved no emails about early deposits in the last day or so. Seems the other "press release" type emails land a day or two later with me. Anyone else in the same boat?

If you subscribed ages ago, like me, you get the general emails. Somewhere in one of them there was a link to go in a 2nd time and express a deeper interest. It was this that then got you onto the pre~Reservation list...or that's how I remember it today...it's like unlocking special features on PlayStation games Rolling Eyes
Post #922662 24th Sep 2021 5:28pm
jst

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
I registered ages ago and then expressed interest two weeks ago in reserving one, got email about £500 yesterday Cheers

James
110 XS Utility
130 Puma Station wagon/camper (in the making)
90 Puma Hardtop
Post #922667 24th Sep 2021 6:00pm
ChasingOurTrunks

Supacat wrote:
Mike_E wrote:

If you subscribed ages ago, like me, you get the general emails. Somewhere in one of them there was a link to go in a 2nd time and express a deeper interest. It was this that then got you onto the pre~Reservation list...or that's how I remember it today...it's like unlocking special features on PlayStation games Rolling Eyes

Now that you mention it that does sound familiar, Supacat. At the time I seem to remember thinking that expressing interest was redundant and that I had clicked a link unnecessarily, but perhaps it was about going a bit deeper to get the reservation link.

Regardless....achievement unlocked, for me (cue the snazzy on screen graphic any second now)!
Post #922674 24th Sep 2021 6:43pm
Supacat

So who's going to place a deposit?

Having sampled the full electric world, I really feel ICE is dead in terms of new vehicles but then again might like the journey in a Grenadier for a few years and then jumping into a say a UK built Rivian?
Post #922675 24th Sep 2021 6:51pm
Prospector

United States 
Supacat wrote:
Could be interesting...

Click image to enlarge

Supacat you seem to be the "go to Guy" regarding the Grenadier. I'm not available on the 29 of Sep and anyway I live in Arizona, which is GMT-7. If you and anyone else feels these are good questions for BTGLive, I would like to submit and hear Ineos responses.

I will be able to access the youtube broadcast on the 1st or 2nd of October.

Three Questions

1. I know Ineos is working diligently to partner with an existing brand name dealer / service entity in the United States and North American. Will this partnership be established and announced prior to turning the refundable down payment into a non-refundable?

Knowing the identity of your partner is important to ensure locations are good for nationwide coverage. I suspect that many sales will be to customers in the American west, where distances between major cities can be up to 500 miles.

2. BMW’s B58 petrol engine (1st generation) was introduced with their 2016 vehicles and was identified as B58B30M0. Along about 2019 BMW made improvements and began producing two 2nd generation engines, identified as B58B30M1 and B58B30O0. Which engine has Ineos selected for production of the Grenadier?

I realize that Ineos may make ancillary modifications such as shape / capacity of the oil pan to deal with off-road inclines, descents, and side angles, and possibly a larger alternator for tow packages, and others. Should BMW decide to create another designated engine number, it would likely be within the family of one of the three engines listed above.

3. Living in North America, specifically the United States, there was talk that the market introduction of the Grenadier would lag about six months behind the European, Middle East, Australian, and African markets. If true, would the ordering window be extended to a later date for North America?
Post #922698 24th Sep 2021 10:56pm
ChasingOurTrunks

Supacat wrote:
So who's going to place a deposit?

Having sampled the full electric world, I really feel ICE is dead in terms of new vehicles but then again might like the journey in a Grenadier for a few years and then jumping into a say a UK built Rivian?

I sold my daily driver in anticipation just last week, so I'm in.

I am making two bets with my purchase:

1) That ICE isn't going away for Overland touring in my near- to mid-term lifetime. It likely will be replaced by electric in urban areas, but since most of my travel is remote areas, gas and diesel will still rule the day because the majority of the equipment in these areas are big, fossil-fuel burning equipment that have no realistic alternative in the near future (as in, a big CAT bulldozer has no electric alternative on the horizon).

2) That Ineos may be one of the pioneers of hydrogen fuels, and that I might be able to switch the power plant down the road a piece if this thing is as simple as they claim it is. This is a longer shot for sure, but further to point 1), hydrogen I think is more likely to get used in remote heavy industry before batteries/electric.

Above all else it has to be useful, and that principle underpins the bets above. Assuming that it is useful, but the above two bets are wrong, I have a third bet that I'm comfortable with:

3) That the Ineos will remain an interesting 4x4 vehicle that will have significance in the future. If we had a time machine, I bet most of us would love to go back to 1945 and save just one or two of the Willy's Jeeps that, still in their shipping crates unassembled, were pushed over the sides of ships or bulldozed into landfills. So, if hydrogen falls flat and ICE goes the way of the Dodo before I plan it, I'll still be OK owning the Ineos as a representation as a part of our 4x4 history. It's an interesting story, in other words, and I'd be OK owning a part of that story. To be clear, I'm not talking about the Gren being an investment that will appreciate over time -- I fully expect the opposite to be true -- but I value cars for far more than they money they are worth. I name them and everything.

On that last note, I might need to see a doctor but the illness is super fun so I'll keep it Very Happy

Edit before people think I'm totally bonkers: When I say I sold my daily driver, what I should clarify is that I have a motorbike and our other adventure truck, so I didn't get rid of my only transportation. I'm fully aware I won't get a Gren for a few years probably due to production, and have other plans for getting around till then!
Post #922700 24th Sep 2021 11:14pm
Supacat

Prospector wrote:
If you and anyone else feels these are good questions for BTGLive, I would like to submit and hear Ineos responses.

I'll check again, as I thought there was a link or # for anyone to post their questions direct; but if that's not the case, then I'd be happy to post them on your behalf. Thumbs Up
Post #922710 25th Sep 2021 8:13am
jim4244

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
I will be putting down a deposit after attending their Hertfordshire roadshow last month. Very impressed with the vehicle 👍

Jim
Post #922728 25th Sep 2021 9:57am
Mike_E

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Aintree Green
the reservation email turned up about 3hrs after my post yesterday afternoon!
Post #922739 25th Sep 2021 11:43am
Supacat

Supacat wrote:
Prospector wrote:
If you and anyone else feels these are good questions for BTGLive, I would like to submit and hear Ineos responses.

I'll check again, as I thought there was a link or # for anyone to post their questions direct; but if that's not the case, then I'd be happy to post them on your behalf. Thumbs Up

Full answer ~ you can post your questions direct on Twitter.

Click image to enlarge
Post #922745 25th Sep 2021 12:56pm
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
I have been on their list since day one but didn’t get an invite to any test drives. I did get the early reservation email today tho Whistle 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #922773 25th Sep 2021 5:48pm
spudfan

Ireland 
Any chance your wife read the email and seeing a possible addition to the family, deleted it? Whistle 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #922811 25th Sep 2021 11:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 56 of 106 <123 ... 555657 ... 104105106>