↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Take the money and run?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

The Grenadier doesn’t appeal to me now that one of the UK’s biggest Leave advocates has jumped ship to make it in France, if it even makes it beyond a very expensive vanity project just to prove that you can build a 4x4 that looks like an old Defender. Anyway there’s no EV version even on the horizon. While I still have my old 90 if I replace the new 110 it will be with a small EV and the money saved can pay for it to have a ground up rebuild - the money back from the 110 unfortunately won’t be enough to convert my 90 into an EV………. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #921267 13th Sep 2021 11:10am
disco_matt

United Kingdom 
WBAC offered £66K for my 21 plate First Edition. I paid just over £55K. At this point I'm tempted to chop it in and run a shed for a year until the market returns to normal.
Post #921271 13th Sep 2021 11:36am
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
Any Update Tim - after the Dealer Visit?
Post #921482 14th Sep 2021 7:56pm
Tim in Scotland

Due to needing to take country buses to collect the car I’ll be collecting it and getting the news tomorrow around 11. WBAC upped the value by £550 since last Friday too! Only feedback from the receptionist when she phoned to say the car was ready for collect was “ can you tell us who put the Paint Protection Film on your car, the buyer is most impressed and the GM wants to offer it as an extra!” Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #921488 14th Sep 2021 8:08pm
Tim in Scotland

Last known position of my 110…….

Click image to enlarge

This is parked next door but one Puna 90 pick up, genuinely sold to WBAC

Click image to enlarge

Mine is only there because there’s no other space in the Dobbies car park to park while the car does an OTA update and I have coffee after picking it up from Pentland down the motorway! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #921579 15th Sep 2021 10:57am
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
You should get them to confirm the valuation when your there...
Post #921583 15th Sep 2021 11:38am
Tim in Scotland

At the moment I don’t need any more spam mails from them! They have been asking every couple of days for me to make an appointment for that Simon but the car has been in the workshop again. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #921589 15th Sep 2021 1:18pm
J77

Scotland 
With my 90 now valued at £52k I had a look at settlement figures and it clears it by fair margin, but by doing that online it automatically sent a request to my dealers business manager, who says they are interested in buying but it’s a 9 to 12 month wait if I order another today. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #921972 19th Sep 2021 11:17am
Tim in Scotland

Salesman at Pentland has never got back to me with their valuation, maybe they aren’t prepared to loose inflated used prices they charge to equal or beat WBAC.
They only communication I’ve had since collecting the car from them was “who fitted your paint protection film, we are impressed with the way it has been done and might look to market it as a dealer fit option” ie it’s another profit earner for us! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #922042 20th Sep 2021 8:25am
J77

Scotland 
I asked about a Hard Top, at best September 2022. I was open and told them the valuation but I didn’t enquire any further.

Typing this as I wait for the dealer to collect mine Rolling Eyes 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #922043 20th Sep 2021 8:31am
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
My WBAC valuation is up again - now £70715 - for a car I paid £67,000 for...
Post #922046 20th Sep 2021 8:51am
Lodelaner

United Kingdom 1988 Defender 90 V8 Petrol ST Shire Blue
Just to share my own experience - there are other (better) options than WBAC are https://www.wizzle.co.uk and https://motorway.co.uk.

Wizzle is akin to autotrader for dealers. You take photos, list the options on the car, detail the tyre tread depths and make an honest appraisal of the car. Set a non-binding "amount I would accept for the car" and off it goes to bid direct to dealers. Offers are non-binding, but if you do go ahead and sell they collect your car and appraise it as advertised and pay you the money before they take it away. Selling direct to a dealer cuts out the extra layer of margin that WBAC takes and opens it up to a wider panel of dealers looking for stock.

I have no connection other than I've sold two cars this way this year through Wizzle. I just sold my Mini Cooper S to a franchised dealer for £5k more than I bought it for in April.

I'm looking for my next car to play around with, possibly a RRC. In the mean time I'm tooling around in the Defender and D2 and biding my time waiting for new car supply to return and prices to tumble by Spring/Summer 2022. JB

@Lodelaner Instagram

Youtube greenlaning and other LR related content
Post #922052 20th Sep 2021 10:02am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
I think we used motorway last year (should have kept that car) very good Mike
Post #922053 20th Sep 2021 10:09am
Buz1500

United Kingdom 
I’ve just tried Motorway and they’ve quoted me £10k less than WBAC!

WBAC - £60,465
Motorway - £50,322
Post #922058 20th Sep 2021 10:38am
Lodelaner

United Kingdom 1988 Defender 90 V8 Petrol ST Shire Blue
Yikes - was that the market estimate or an offer? JB

@Lodelaner Instagram

Youtube greenlaning and other LR related content
Post #922067 20th Sep 2021 11:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>