↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > My 110 MILLIE.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 51 of 63 <123 ... 505152 ... 616263>
Print this entire topic · 
L110CDL

England 
Thank you Simon, but she can't be any better than your 90, surly Wink 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #906064 1st Jun 2021 11:03pm
L110CDL

England 
So Millie had a thirst for water again https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic78905.html
After all the reply's, i decided that is was the same symptoms as the first head, so i had this parcel delivered to my indy last week

Click image to enlarge

Then on the Saturday just gone he put the new head on with new head bolts

Click image to enlarge

It seemed the best time as i had this for a few weeks now, so i asked my indy to put this on

Click image to enlarge

Fitted onto Millie

Click image to enlarge

My indy said that it fitted like a glove, no problems what so ever Very Happy

After using Millie for a few days now with the new head on, first impressions are really good, seems to pull better up hills and pulling away from a stand still is just as good, she seems to be breathing better as well. The new head is a Turner performance head for a 300 Tdi.

Mr. Green 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #909173 23rd Jun 2021 8:21pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Glad that you got it sorted in the end, probably at a good time before any other issues too. Thumbs Up Diesel$ Live$ Matter. β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #909201 23rd Jun 2021 9:53pm
L110CDL

England 
Thanks Steve and hopefully no issue's for a little while at least Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #909206 23rd Jun 2021 10:28pm
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
Good news!
Post #909220 24th Jun 2021 6:13am
L110CDL

England 
It is good news Co1 Thumbs Up

So a little update with the new head on for nearly a week, all good in the water front, Millie's thirst for water has stopped now Very Happy now i have had time to asses the new head, it's so different to the standard head, so much better when pulling up hills and changing up the gears, no effort, just pulls, i would recommend one of these heads over a standard one any day, i'm well chuffed with it Mr. Green 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #909477 25th Jun 2021 8:20pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
shame about the head going, but nice little upgrade there for a replacement. Thumbs Up I bet millie growls with the K%N filter in. My 300 used to do with ITG filter in, used to growl when you powered away, and sounded aggressive, when you put your ear next the air vent. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #910058 29th Jun 2021 9:36pm
L110CDL

England 
Thanks Procta Thumbs Up

I haven't heard her growl yet but she does sound really nice on tick over when your ear is near the exhaust exit Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #910326 1st Jul 2021 8:52pm
L110CDL

England 
I have been getting use to the new head on and i'm loving it, i have put my original fuel injection pump back on with the standard set up and tweaked it slightly myself and i'm happy with the way she is running now. I had to have a new fuel tank fitted as my old one was damp on some edges, that tank was only the second tank put on, so it has done really well and with the new tank and the Turner head, early stat's are indicating that i am getting between 50-60 miles more per tank, i am still monitoring this with a few more fill ups Very Happy

Millie has also had a MOT and she . . . . failed Sad but it was the drop arm link bush, to much play, so as my MOT 'er is my old indy he had a new arm replacement in stock as it was better to change the lot and then she passed Thumbs Up
He did say that Millie passed the emissions quickest he seen her do Very Happy

I have been busy with the water pipes on the engine as they were to close, in fact rubbing on the water pump wheel / belt, i was lucky that i spotted it before they had rubbed through, so i have re-routed both pipes so they miss the wheel / belt by a long way, really pleased how that went Very Happy I also replaced all of the air intake pipe work from the snorkel to the air filter housing, i have replaced it with original / genuine rubber pipes, but the " dump valve " is britpart as they were the only supplier of this part, it fitted all okay, so that was a relief Wink the last pipe to were it attaches to the snorkel had a split in it, this is what made me replace the whole lot but when i took the joiner out i realised it was the a piece of the old plastic pipe that originally fitted to the inside to the snorkel, i thought " what a bodge job " Rolling Eyes i must have been very lucky that no water found it's way into the engine, so i replaced it with some flexible silicone air / vent hosing and i am happy now that the job has been done properly Thumbs Up

As my snorkel was off in this process, i took some pic's so you could see how it works

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Thumbs Up

With the big help from Lord-Haggis, he sent me his old soundproofing and i finally fitted it into Millie and i had to make the hole for the bonnet release as well as some other modifications to make it fit nice and snug

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I'm very happy with it all and i didn't realise how much sound the old soundproofing kept out as i had removed the old soundproofing out to take the pic's and when i drove Millie for the first time with the " new " soundproofing in, well she is soooo much quieter now Very Happy

While all this was being done and sorting Millie out, she had a service and she had all the oils changed as well, transfer box and both axles, the gearbox was done in the service. I am starting to do this once a year from now on as she does work hard and for the price of oil is far less than a major part failing, so were up to date with Millie's on goings but i have a few other things to get on with now that all the above has been done Cool 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #914322 27th Jul 2021 9:18pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
The sound proofing is good isn’t it, it does reduce noise and vibration but another thing I notice is it overall it makes things feel more solid as well which is good.

Good news with the MOT as well πŸ‘πŸ» Diesel$ Live$ Matter. β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #914333 27th Jul 2021 10:00pm
Siwynne

England 
I thought I had been busy but Millie is getting the VIP treatment. Suppose it’s what keeps them running well though.
Post #914335 27th Jul 2021 10:18pm
L110CDL

England 
Thanks Steve, yes it is a better and nicer fit in the cab Thumbs Up

I read your update and you have been busy, looking really good what you have done and it's always good if you can keep on top of the list of things " to do " Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #914339 27th Jul 2021 10:37pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
looking neat there! you want some sill covers that go over the floor and inner sills. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #914351 28th Jul 2021 12:01am
L110CDL

England 
Thanks Procta Thumbs Up

I did think of the sill covers but i do like to take the mats out and give her a good clean and i think she looks good without Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #914506 28th Jul 2021 8:36pm
Dinnu

Malta 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Santorini Black
Cockpit looks smart Thumbs Up 1988 90 Hard Top, 19J Diesel Turbo, Shire Blue - Restoration ongoing
2012 90 CSW, 2.2TDCI, Santorini Black
Post #914512 28th Jul 2021 8:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 51 of 63 <123 ... 505152 ... 616263>