↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Has anyone ordered one?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 26 of 30 <123 ... 252627 282930>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

I have the tyre pressures on a label on the driver’s door and in the same place on the passenger door is a huge sticker with what look like all the emissions rules it complies with. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #856372 16th Sep 2020 8:05pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
zilch wrote:
umbertob wrote:
Build date is on the tag on the door, plus my dealer gave me my VIN the day they built my vehicle (07/01/2020), so I could double check it on Topix... Last 6 digits of my VIN are 012427, so if those are sequential I guess yes, it's over 10,000.

Mine was built on the 10th July and the VIN starts 014, its near 15 thousand , so does that mean 2,500 vehicles
between the 1st and 10th rolled off the line?

Entirely possible on the figures from JLR, but it would suggest that very few Discoveries are going down the line:

"Well, I mean we’re two shift at the moment for the Nitra plant. So, between the Defender and the Discovery, we expect the volumes to be 8,000 units a month. There is greater capacity beyond that. Obviously one of the things we’re looking for in terms of the shape of the sales, whether there’s some cannibalisation between Defender and Discovery or not. We have internal ambitions for Defender to be much larger than 4,000, 5,000 units a month going forwards. There’s lots of the 90s coming out, the Hard Top is out. We’re talking about the same wheel base but an extended version for some of our markets. So, I think you will see some nice product upgrade and offerings on the Defender.

So, it is one vehicle line. We are confident, with modest investments by the way, because the core engineering is all in place, and then the shape changes and all that are relatively minor in terms of new investment, with modest investment we do think this has an opportunity to go even if it cannibalises some Discovery to grow beyond the 100,000 units. We have about another 20,000 units I think before we get into shift issues in terms of requiring another shift."

(Adrian Mardell (CFO, Jaguar Land Rover) - Jaguar Land Rover Q1 Fiscal 2020/21 Results Call)

But then that does also beg the question what have they been doing in the period from when full production was started - 8th January to the beginning of July - the run rate there is only one quarter to one half - depending on Discovery volumes/mix.
Post #856438 17th Sep 2020 8:34am
BearCZ

Czech Republic 
i have serial number over 23k according to information from dealer, Def was build early this month, delivery in 14 days Very Happy
Post #856459 17th Sep 2020 10:24am
LEZ

United Kingdom 
"We’re talking about the same wheel base but an extended version for some of our markets. So, I think you will see some nice product upgrade and offerings on the Defender."

Would this include the muted Defender 80 perhaps.
Post #856475 17th Sep 2020 11:23am
Tim in Scotland

I think he’s talking about the 130 rather than the 80 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #856476 17th Sep 2020 11:38am
zilch

Australia 
well after putting pen to paper 12 months ago and parting with a deposit, i actually got to
see my first Defender at our local Landie dealers in Sydney today, Northern beaches LR to be precise.
The vehicle certainly has presence in terms of size and a unique design compared to the rest of the
LR stable, i am glad I decided to go down this route and not purchase a 3rd RRS Laughing The P400 sounded
sweet when they fired it up.. it even got the seal of approval from the boss who has always been more
of a Rangie fan..

My new Deffer will be at the dealers on Friday, and by the time they add all the dealer fitted bits,
it should be ready about a week later, around the 2nd/3rd October.. about the same time they
receive their demo's Whistle

In regard to how LR are doing in and around Sydney, the sales guy who is handling my transaction
(a fellow pom), stated they have sold out of most of their stock, they just have 2 Disco Sports available,
even the showroom was practically bare, apparently COVID has not dampened peoples appetite for
making major purchases in Sydney Shocked yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport

Last edited by zilch on 21st Sep 2020 7:16am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #857149 21st Sep 2020 4:12am
Tim in Scotland

Looking at marinetraffic .com Zilch, your car was back on dry land yesterday, soon to be on its way to your dealer . Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #857156 21st Sep 2020 6:37am
zilch

Australia 
^^^ Thumbs Up Tim.. Tonsberg docked Saturday evening so likely to be unloaded yesterday or today.
The dealer is expecting it to hit them on Friday, they have a bit to do in the 5 days yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport

Last edited by zilch on 22nd Sep 2020 2:33am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #857157 21st Sep 2020 6:51am
JackW

United States 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi SW Coniston Green
Mine arrived at the dealer today - will pick it up later this week after some accessories get installed - probably Friday.
110S P300 with locking diffs, tow pack, leather seats.

Click image to enlarge
Post #857341 22nd Sep 2020 12:04am
umbertob

United States 
Congratulations Jack. Can't quite make out the wheels in that darkish photo, but going by the rest of your options I assume you ordered the satin grey 18s? Anyway, it looks great, it'll be a tough few days 'till Friday... Wink
Post #857342 22nd Sep 2020 12:13am
JackW

Click image to enlarge

Yes the 18" grey alloys look really good. Even the sales guy thought it was the best wheel he's seen on one.

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by JackW on 22nd Sep 2020 2:59am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #857343 22nd Sep 2020 12:35am
StructuralDefect

United States 
Looks nice! I am dropping mine off tomorrow to get the roof rack and mud flaps installed. I have the silver 19 inch 6 spokes that I am debating on powder coating gloss black or doing a paint match to Fuji white with them. Feel like black would look tougher 2020 Defender S, P300 in Fuji White w/black ext. pack. Ebony leather heated front/rear seats. Comfort & conv. pack. Towing pack. Cold climate pack. Panoramic roof & expedition roof rack. Classic mud flaps. Fog lights. 19 inch 6 spoke w/off road tires. Clear sight rear view mirror. Sirius XM. Delivery 9/4/20
Post #857345 22nd Sep 2020 2:52am
JackW

I'm getting the roof rack, raised air intake, small mudflaps, fender arch extensions, front skid plate rubber mats and hood decal installed before I take delivery. I have the full leather interior with the tow pack, locking rear diff and the dark wood trim (still looks like plastic but not as bad as the walnut). I'm going to install some kind of rock sliders and bumpers - waiting to see what ARB come up with. I'd ordered the winch mount but its currently back ordered - which may be a good thing if ARB comes up with a better solution.

The "Off Road" tire option for USA is Goodyear All Terrain Adventure tires in 255/70R18 - They should be good for breaking in the truck but I'll probably eventually get a set of 265/70R18 BFG All Terrain KO2's on it.

Click image to enlarge

Here's a somewhat representative shot of the comparitive size of my current D5 with the new Defender. Its a little off but the Defender just seems a bit smaller when you're standing next to it.

Click image to enlarge
Post #857346 22nd Sep 2020 3:13am
zilch

Australia 
StructuralDefect wrote:
Looks nice! I am dropping mine off tomorrow to get the roof rack and mud flaps installed. I have the silver 19 inch 6 spokes

on the SE the Black 19 inch 6 spokes were a no cost option in OZ, would your dealer swap the silvers for black off of a
stock vehicle ?? yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #857348 22nd Sep 2020 3:42am
umbertob

United States 
Jack, please post more photos after all accessories are installed. Lucky 8 has a nice set of sturdy, bolt-on sliders already available - a bit spendy, though. I am going to get my D110 "measured" by our local underbody protection experts Tactical 4x4 this week to see if they can come up with a local alternative to Lucky 8 for sliders (and skid plates and bumpers, perhaps.) I saw the OEM front skid plate - it's nice and light but so tiny, hoping the aftermarket will come up with something better soon. Held off on the OEM winch as well, Land Rover prices for mount and winch are outrageous. At least you already have a choice of tires for your 18s. I have the P400 and am stuck with 19s (for now), so it's either GY Wrangler Adventures of Duratracs for us. I get the feeling an 18" aftermarket wheel for the P400 is just around the corner, with no mods required to the brakes hopefully. I would hate to damage the factory rims, regardless.
Post #857349 22nd Sep 2020 3:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 26 of 30 <123 ... 252627 282930>