↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Has anyone ordered one?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 27 of 30 <123 ... 2627 282930>
Print this entire topic · 
J77

Scotland 
It does look good in the white.
Post #857397 22nd Sep 2020 11:50am
StructuralDefect

United States 
on the SE the Black 19 inch 6 spokes were a no cost option in OZ, would your dealer swap the silvers for black off of a
stock vehicle ??[/quote]

For my build there was a set of 19 inch black wheels for a 500 dollar upgrade. I didn't care for the style. They were the "double spoke" style. Plus I had to appease the wife with some of the options. I did ask the dealer if there were any wheel options that they could help me out with. The cost to do anything with them is pretty crazy. The bad part is its hard to make a decision on some of these things based on seeing a picture on a computer screen. The powder coating is 125 dollars a tire and it's a very reputable company that does a lot of work for JLR near me. I will post pics when its all done. 2020 Defender S, P300 in Fuji White w/black ext. pack. Ebony leather heated front/rear seats. Comfort & conv. pack. Towing pack. Cold climate pack. Panoramic roof & expedition roof rack. Classic mud flaps. Fog lights. 19 inch 6 spoke w/off road tires. Clear sight rear view mirror. Sirius XM. Delivery 9/4/20
Post #857403 22nd Sep 2020 12:47pm
zilch

Australia 
Quote:
For my build there was a set of 19 inch black wheels for a 500 dollar upgrade. I didn't care for the style. They were the "double spoke" style

Thumbs Up exactly the wheels that i have spec'd Laughing

Got my final balance in regard to payment from LR today, with a courtesy message my vehicle may not
be released from "in market distribution" (docks) until early October rather than this Friday, a few owners
suggested this could be due to Australian anal retentive import compliance checks Rolling Eyes that bad news did
not stop them slipping in a $1k hike on the price of the RAI against my previous signed order.. Rolling Eyes yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #857570 23rd Sep 2020 9:31am
Tim in Scotland

That’s a bummer on the RAI price rise. The other reason for the delay at the docks could be that extra disinfecting of the car might be required with C-19 - your Min of Ag and Fish has always been very strict on cars coming into the country and disinfecting them and yours has visited the USA even though it never went for a run ashore there so may have to have extra disinfecting. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #857577 23rd Sep 2020 9:59am
zilch

Australia 
Quote:
That’s a bummer on the RAI price rise

updated and moved yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport

Last edited by zilch on 27th Sep 2020 9:03am. Edited 2 times in total
Post #857578 23rd Sep 2020 10:05am
Tim in Scotland

Same with the winch here in the U.K., dealer seems to eye you up and then decide how much you might be able to afford! It started out at £5000 if you asked for it to be supplied with your new car at delivery but now has been removed from the configurator and LRCS has told me that I have now to ask my dealership for a quote - 3 weeks ago I was quoted £6000 by a dealership (not the one I normally use) for the same winch and winch mount......... there was no looking up anything it was the service reception’s reply straight out without looking it up! I took that to mean “ we are not interested in your business, go away and stop wasting my time!” Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #857579 23rd Sep 2020 10:11am
spudfan

Ireland 
Following these threads I have come to the conclusion that a dealer makes enough money from the sale of one vehicle that they are not bothered whether you return in the future. If anyone can come up with a more plausible explanation I'd like to hear it. 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #857584 23rd Sep 2020 10:29am
zilch

Australia 
Quote:
I have come to the conclusion that a dealer makes enough money from the sale of one vehicle that they are not bothered whether you return in the future.

sir, you impugn the reputation of vehicular dealers surely ... Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

i reckon that is about right for the majority Spud, modern economics no doubt play a part, hit your monthly target,
move on (worked for a large US Telco, very cut throat) i must admit though my dealer has harassed and chase
on my behalf and kept me up to date since the order finally found its way into VISTA, unlike some that take the
money and take Censored all interest.. It will be interesting in testing their response to my $1.1K price hike though Whistle yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #857588 23rd Sep 2020 11:04am
J77

Scotland 
My salesman contacted me today and said I need to submit an order within the next couple of weeks for a March delivery.
Post #858321 26th Sep 2020 11:00pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
That seems consistent with the report from JLR that as of the end of July all 2020 production was booked against orders. It would imply they are maintaining the same spread and not looking to increase stock, or decrease lead times but just look to keep the two production lines running at a reasonabley productive rate.
Post #858332 27th Sep 2020 7:08am
Tim in Scotland

Could also be that they have an eye on the C-19 numbers and the possibility that many countries might be going back into a lock down so want to pre-order parts etc to keep the lines running as long as possible over the winter? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #858340 27th Sep 2020 8:25am
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Supacat wrote:
That seems consistent with the report from JLR that as of the end of July all 2020 production was booked against orders. It would imply they are maintaining the same spread and not looking to increase stock, or decrease lead times but just look to keep the two production lines running at a reasonabley productive rate.

Production slots allocated to retailers perhaps but not against confirmed orders. I ordered in August and was given an October build slot with delivery due at the end of the month.

Subsequently I’ve cancelled and re-ordered a 21MY and am awaiting a build slot to be allocated when they open the 21MY order books (reportedly November). Delivery likely to be just into the new year.
Post #858342 27th Sep 2020 8:47am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Interesting.

I guess there's always going to be some churn on confirmed orders, cancellations, re-allocated slots, etc. Indeed, you are a good example yourself.

I took the words of the JLR bod, in the context of the conversation, to mean very much retail orders taken rather than dealer allocation/wholesale orders.
Post #858344 27th Sep 2020 9:02am
zilch

Australia 
Quote:
That’s a bummer on the RAI price rise

I had two lots of good news, yesterday morning they resent through the revised order, not only did the
reduce the RAI to the original quote of $345 AUD (their mistake so they decided to wear $1100 difference),
Originally they had the vehicle down as a business registration from a govt fee perspective, as i ordered it as
per my company's corporate agreement with JLR, as i am personally registering it, that lowered the fee by
another $250, plus luxury car tax and GST by a further $500, all up i have managed to reduce the final
payment by $1,850 (should cover the Duratracs Laughing ).. and to top it all the dealer called me yesterday afternoon
and informed me they have our P400 in their holding yard, it will go for PDI Monday (ish), i should get a call to
get some eyes on it..

The sales rep is a fellow Brit (as is a large portion of the population on Sydneys northern beaches Whistle )
so i like to think he is looking after me Thumbs Up yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #858345 27th Sep 2020 9:04am
Tim in Scotland

All good news then so far Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #858352 27th Sep 2020 9:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 27 of 30 <123 ... 2627 282930>