↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Has anyone ordered one?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 20 of 30 <123 ... 192021 ... 282930>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

They managed to make my rear passenger door window leak (and it’s had one go to fix but is still letting water run over the door card) so what chance does a dealership have to repair a fabric roof? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #847137 30th Jul 2020 8:47pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
J77 wrote:
There’s a post somewhere on here which shows the alleged changes, but no I don’t think you’ll be missing out on much, more the opposite. 21MY Defenders lose the surround camera system, it will be optional.

Found it

Click image to enlarge

Thanks for this. That has put my mind at rest actually. There are a few ‘brand new and available now‘ First Edition Defenders for sale at dealers around the country I notice. When you look at their spec versus our individual specced cars they are very good value for money. But they just have quite a bit of kit I don’t want or need, while missing a couple of things I wanted and would need to add, even if they are not that much more than the one I’m getting. And I’m personally not a huge fan of the black roof Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #847138 30th Jul 2020 8:48pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
They managed to make my rear passenger door window leak (and it’s had one go to fix but is still letting water run over the door card) so what chance does a dealership have to repair a fabric roof?

Really?!! In your new Defender?!! Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #847139 30th Jul 2020 8:50pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Smilesapart wrote:

I love the look and functionality of the fabric sunroof, but I’d be concerned about the security and leaking element. Also I have a original Mini Open Classic that has this roof, Multilayered and although it’s brilliant, it’s gradually shrunk over the years (they all do evidently) and is a fortune to replace as it’s really complex. I imagine the Land Rover one could perhaps be no different?

That's ok. They'll be on their third or fourth owner by then and the solution will be to pop rivet a sheet of ali chequer plate over the opening Laughing Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #847148 30th Jul 2020 9:39pm
zilch

Australia 
Got an update from my dealer today, the Defender i ordered was loaded on to the Tonsberg which left Southampton
on the 27th July. Assume it was loaded at Zeebrugge rather than the UK.. Tonsberg due to unload
on the 12th September in Australia.. So the 3rd/4th week of September for me to pick it up looks doable

Click image to enlarge
 yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #847738 3rd Aug 2020 7:56am
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
How exciting!!!! Can’t wait to see your pics of it Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #848009 4th Aug 2020 1:36pm
wokkaman

United Kingdom 
Picking up a First Edition in Pangea Green with Explorer Pack and Ladder on with deployable towbar on 1st September Very Happy
Post #848542 7th Aug 2020 12:31pm
Tim in Scotland

Welcome to the forum Wokkaman, a regular poster on RRSport. I bet this one won’t fit into a Chinook
The new video posted in the general q020 Defender section shows what the Khaki interior looks like. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #848553 7th Aug 2020 2:44pm
Telemarkskier

United Kingdom 
Hi Tim, just clicked on your Fuelly link; interesting, not clicked on it before. I may create an account when I pick my Defender up. I've always just had a small notebook to record my fill ups and then do the maths afterwards. Do you use the mobile app?
Post #848557 7th Aug 2020 3:20pm
Tim in Scotland

No I just keep the receipt, I note the Odo reading (Not the trip!) and pence per litre on it and then enter the numbers when I get home.
My Ave MPG has dropped because of my off-roading day mostly in low ratio 2 weekends ago. It’s also 3 weeks since my last fill up - purely leisure driving as I’m retired now also I haven’t yet driving it into Glasgow, just to the county twin offStirling where I do my shopping.
Be careful when setting up the units because it is an American website so read the engine type and units carefully. I’ve just redone my figures in my signature as it was showing Mile per US Gallon instead of U.K. numbers Embarassed
I’m still really happy with the consumption figures though and now I have 1300 miles on it it’s off for a 70 mile each way motorway run with 30 miles laning on Sunday but I don’t expect much low box stuff as it’s a day driving on the tracks used for construction and maintaining wind turbines at the biggest onshore wind farm in Europe Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #848566 7th Aug 2020 5:10pm
Telemarkskier

United Kingdom 
Are they open access at Whitelee?
Post #848574 7th Aug 2020 6:48pm
Tim in Scotland

No, nowhere in Scotland is open access unfortunately. This is an annual run but I’ve always been at sea when it’s been on. It’s club members only. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #848596 7th Aug 2020 9:58pm
Patriot0290

United States 
I bought a Tasman Blue/Khaki HSE with the Explorer Pack, and have booked enclosed transport from the dealer in Maryland to me in Texas. Waiting going on 3 days for truck assignment and pickup.
Post #848606 8th Aug 2020 1:08am
StructuralDefect

United States 
I have one on order. Due in on 9-25. 65,000 US on the build. Its an S with the 4 cylinder. Wanted the six but there were options I had to have and things my wife had to have. Fuji White with black pack, Roof rack, Panoramic sunroof, 19 inch six spokes, off road tires, spare tire cover, classic mud flaps, hood decal and fog light. On the inside seats ebony leather, cold climate pack, heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, center console cooler, clear site rear view mirror, and towing pack. I put 500 down but I still haven't driven one. Having a few doubt's. The Grenadier has got me thinking. Everyone and their brother is gonna have a new Bronco so I'm good on that. I like the new Defender a lot but I would have preferred a slightly more boxy appearance and a slightly lower price tag so we will see if I pull the trigger when it comes in
Post #848741 8th Aug 2020 11:54pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
The spec sounds fantastic, but maybe rather than change to a Grenadier, you could just loose a few of the pricier options? Maybe your wife too would rather loose a couple of her options rather than go to a Grenadier if you showed it to her. I do hope you stick with it. I think when it arrives you’ll be like a dog with two dicks to be honest. Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #848811 9th Aug 2020 11:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 20 of 30 <123 ... 192021 ... 282930>