↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Windscreen frame corrosion
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
WhiskyJackR

United Kingdom 
Mines a late 2013 and has the same issue. Windscreen frame was taken out and resprayed under warranty and within 2 years the corrosion returned. I’m living with it for now. The screen was leaking badly from a couple of places too and when we took it out there was a lot of bubbling and corrosion under the rubber. Rubbed it down and treated it and put the new seal in with mastic a couple of years ago. No leaks at all since. Corrosion of the aluminium frame is evident at both bottom corners. If anyone finds a permanent solution let me know. Living with it for now as it just seems ridiculous to have to keep pulling the car apart to sort what appears to be a constantly returning issue.

Issues like this really dull the thrill of owning a Defender. Still love it though, go figure 🤣 Any farther South and I'll need to trade the Defender in for a Landing Craft Smile
Post #836596 11th Jun 2020 2:36pm
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
mine is a 2011 and was done under warranty, couple of years later noted it was returning, sprayed it all with ACF50 including behind the rubbers, loads of water ran out. that was several years ago and its got no worse, infact this has reminded me its probably time to reapply the ACF50 DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #836652 11th Jun 2020 8:04pm
Doc P

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Mine’s exactly the same. Keep ignoring it, hoping it will go away (I know, I know!!).
Post #836676 11th Jun 2020 9:27pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
The screen on my Heritage was done 3 times and it still came back...very poor.
Post #836707 12th Jun 2020 7:11am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
If only someone would do something radical like...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And then these issues would be so much easier to deal with.
Post #845754 24th Jul 2020 5:06pm
nitram17

Re: Windscreen frame corrosion
JASON B wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Hi, I,m after some help and advice please,
I have a defender 2013 model and the windscreen frame has started to corrode again on the gutter,
The frame was replaced the 1st time all under warranty then it started to corrode again in the same place so they removed it again and it was resprayed again, checked the other morning and the same place is corroding again scraped the paint away a little and it had powdered a little bit Sad Sad , this will be the 3rd time now and I,m getting really _ _ _ _ _ _OFF and I don't really want to take it back but it still has paint warranty , I keep going back and forth to Marshall Landrover in Milton don't get me wrong but they have been excellent in service and loan vehicles , but they use top gun refinishing to do all their paintwork ,could the problem be faulty windscreen frame or another problem, I have temporarily used paint touch up to stop it getting worse,

have totally sealed windscreen rubber but the problem with corrosion seems to be on the gutter please see photos,
Any advice and direction to go would be a great help

just looking for inspiration for my corrosion .....dont know if you are still on here jason but it looks like your windscreen frame was repaired before as on the first picture they have covered the the seam that should be there in the corner with paint ........how did you get on with your repair?

https://www.defender2.net/gallery/displayi...&pos=0

Im sure the water ingress does not help but i thing the seam edge is a magnet for galvanic corrosion via the window blocks.
Post #949958 20th Apr 2022 10:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12