↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Tonga green TD5
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
I love the LOF stuff I have, but their install timings are outright fraudulent!! They are super helpful though, however my spring took a couple of hours to fit and the master cylinder took about 10hrs all in!!

Any chance of some more shots of the routing of the air line from intake to air box?
Post #836187 9th Jun 2020 7:18pm
Green Machine

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Tonga Green
Looking great Greeny - some really neat improvements there. Where did you get your headlight surrounds? Are they the Nak ones? Thinking of doing the same to mine (also Tonga Green!) 2005 Td5 | 90 Station Wagon | Tonga Green
Post #836204 9th Jun 2020 8:38pm
Greeny

England 
Yes Luke is very helpful from LOF, replies quickly to any queries if you drop him a message on Instagram.

Pictures of the silicone pipe work from the wing to airbox. It simply fits under the steering column and then onto the orignal outlet of the airbox.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Instagram - @Land_Rover_Defender
Post #836207 9th Jun 2020 8:40pm
LandymanStefan

England 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Airbox mod and intake looks fantastic, has it made any difference to pickup/performance? May do mine.

Did you buy a kit or all the bits separately?
Post #836241 9th Jun 2020 10:04pm
Greeny

England 
Got all the bits seperately. 1m of 3 ply silicon hose and an air intake flange.Got it all from ebay, cost about £25. You'll need to get some jubilee clips also. And I just put some metal gauze over the end of the outlet on the wing, where the old system was. Just to block any rubbish coming up into it.

Overall I think the car is more responsive when on throttle, its not a huge difference, but if you get it remapped after then its a worthwhile mod along with the airbox mod and for the price its definitely worth while and beneficial for the engine. Increases the intake noise also which is a benefit. Instagram - @Land_Rover_Defender
Post #836252 9th Jun 2020 11:01pm
Greeny

England 
Green Machine wrote:
Looking great Greeny - some really neat improvements there. Where did you get your headlight surrounds? Are they the Nak ones? Thinking of doing the same to mine (also Tonga Green!)

To be honest I dont know where the headlight surrounds are from. It is a series 3 light surround with an alu backing plate. If you search for "Defender heritage headlight surround" then its essentially similar to those.

Tonga is a great colour Thumbs Up Instagram - @Land_Rover_Defender
Post #836253 9th Jun 2020 11:06pm
LandymanStefan

England 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Could I trouble you to pm me the pipe and flange please Bow down
Post #837217 14th Jun 2020 8:51pm
Greeny

England 
Been a while since I last updated this thread but thought it was time I did. Not much has happened in all honesty. I have actually had a bit of break from working on the Landy. I haven't yet owned it for a year even and I have done so much to it already, I think I needed a break from getting covered in dirt and oil every weekend.

Anyway, work has resumed again and I recently done a few jobs on it.

Cross member has been painted gloss black and I have finally put the tow pack back on after being off for about 8 months. I have replaced the hand brake shoes and outlet flange, along with the rear diff pinion seal. Then the rest of the jobs has just been cleaning the underneath and fitting some black caps which sit over the original wheel nuts (pleased with these for ten pounds).

Next on the job list is the exhaust manifold as it is leaking, need to order some uprated studs etc. A leak has also appeared from the power steering pump which is frustrating. Remap booked in for next month with Alive, so need the manifold sorting before then.

Enjoy some photos.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #857730 23rd Sep 2020 8:15pm
L110CDL

England 
Glad you have been enjoying the 90 Very Happy great field pic's and i hope you get the bits sorted before you have to go for the remap Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #857973 24th Sep 2020 9:28pm
Greeny

England 
Bit of work done this week on the TD5.

The manifold was leaking at the front and with a planned remap at the end of the month I needed to sort this. Managed to get the old manifold off without many issues except two snapped studs. Luckily they came out easily with a stud extractor and all was good. Got a skimmed manifold and uprated studs etc from Total TD5 who I would highly recommend if you need TD5 parts! This should be good now to run more power without causing too many issues.

Pretty much all the performance work is done for decent remap now.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #860295 7th Oct 2020 4:48pm
L110CDL

England 
That is good news it wasn't to bad to do in the end Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #860353 7th Oct 2020 8:59pm
Greeny

England 
Remap complete! TD5inside did a good job in tweaking the Td5 properly to suit the intake mods etc that I had made. In terms of power it isn't that much different. I didn't know but previously it had a BAS remap on it which did go very well, I have probably gained around 15bhp from the mods I have made and the tweaks from TD5inside.

Next on the list is new swivels and to sort a power steering pump leak, got my MOT due. In no rush to get that done so will take my time over lockdown to sort it.

I do want more power now ... really considering a turbo upgrade, probably other things I need to do first.

Black wheel nut caps also fitted! What a difference they have made for £8.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #867356 14th Nov 2020 6:02pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
So it was already mapped Shocked

Looking good.
Post #867369 14th Nov 2020 6:40pm
Greeny

England 
I knew it was already mapped from when I got the Landy. Got an invoice for a 'Twisted' remap and uprated intercooler etc , but it still had the stock exhaust and EGR still in place which I find strange.

Anyway Jose from TD5inside said it was a BAS remap which makes sense as BAS remap the Twisted Pumas. I have to admit that it went well. The reason for getting it done again was peace of mind for me really, I know who has remapped it (wanted to try TD5inside), I was in the car and it was done specifically to my wants and to suit the car. Instagram - @Land_Rover_Defender
Post #867376 14th Nov 2020 6:46pm
L110CDL

England 
Can't beat your own piece of mind and glad all is okay with the 90 now Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #867795 16th Nov 2020 10:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>