↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Fleet of cars shipped to Africa for Prince Harry and Meghanā
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I thought they were going to give her the Nobel Prize for a horrible minute.

I think the New Zealand Prime Minister deserved it, but the rest of the committee didn't agree with me Very Happy

Generally, I encourage people like this young lady to think that they can change the world. People do. It's just most people who change the world are educated and a little more mature to the situation.

Look at all those students who demonstrate and go on strike (not that anyone ever gives a stuff?). The National Union of Students tried to stop me from going into College 30 something years ago because they were trying to stop Nuclear power / bombs. I was being paid (not a lot - Ā£32 a week) to attend and my boss was paying my College expenses. We crossed the picket line, much to the annoyance of the NUS.

What I am getting at is when you are 16 - 21, living with Mum and Dad and mostly on their bank account, it is very easy to be idealistic and simplify everything. I wonder what Greta would think if the power went off and she had no access to her social media and followers - because she demanded action on climate change and the power generation failed as renewables couldn't cope, Could young people live without social media. If your as old as me, you will remember looking in the local paper to see when your power would be switched off when the power station workers were carrying out industrial action in the 1970's. Would the young of today know what to do with theirselves?

I would imagine that most of those idealistic students who had great ideas and moral crusades during their years of education are completely different 12 to 15 years latter when they are married, got three kids, a hell of a big mortgage, two cars on finance and trying to hold their job down to pay for all of this??

Don't beat me up. I realise, as a race, we need to change, but glueing yourself to an aeroplane or sailing to a conference on a boat (I notice, made out of carbon fibre) and then letting your entourage fly to the same conference is laughable and embarrassing to all involved.

Bizarrely I see that our local airport, Norwich, is going to triple its passengers by 2045 and London Luton is going to almost double its passengers in the near same time period.
Post #797872 12th Oct 2019 6:05pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Quote:
I mean... people (you) said "how classy picking on a 16 year old with aspergers"

She's a mouthpiece, be it for her own agenda, or per parents (that's a whole different thing, if so),

So, she wants to illuminate the current climate situation or whatever, fair enough. But if she's going to be in the public eye stating this, then she should be ready for abuse/disagreements/non interest etc...

So you stating how classy it is to pick on her; well she's the one out there saying it all, we didn't ask her to, so why accuse people of being "classy" in a condescending way?

Jim,
I have read your posts in the past and although we may disagree on many things I believe we would most likely agree on the basics. Right from wrong, justice, fairness etc.

If you witnessed a grown man abusing a child in the street, I'd like to think you would at least say something. Maybe even give him a well deserved dig.

So why do you condone that behaviour on the internet?
Post #797873 12th Oct 2019 6:15pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Perhaps Zed you should refrain from personal insults and or attitude or innuendo launched at other members on here based on your own perceived bias.

It would easily be possible to say you yourself are hypocritical if you feel so strongly owning a Defender in the first place.
Thunberg is aligned with XR, XR are closely aligned with another political movement and or political parties too. All swing the same way, itā€™s their new thing to follow.

They are enemies of most people like us on here, and their clear objective is to try and manipulate, domineer and control. And try to force their own objectives at the price of freedom.
I am all for freedom, I am for liberty.
For freedom of choice.

The majority do not want to live in a dictatorial state or country, I do not tell others how to live or what to drive or what to do.
I expect others to not do the same.
Least of all discriminate against others upon what they drive or what they chose to do.
In a way itā€™s a kind of vehicular racism if you like. (Also based on perceived class of owner or type.)

I donā€™t want to cause or instigate any trouble, but you definitely regularly seem to enjoy a good squabble on here with members on here regarding nearly always a political type of motivation in some way or another.
You have done this with me, and youā€™ve done this with Jim and anyone else for that matter who doesnā€™t happen to agree.
There is no need to be argumentative nor personal in any way.
If you donā€™t agree, thatā€™s fine but donā€™t keep on arguing and trying to force your point on others.

I thought a good saying was ā€˜If you donā€™t have anything good to say, donā€™t say it at allā€. Diesels Lives Matter. ā›½ļøšŸ›¢ļøšŸ‘Øā€šŸ”§šŸ§°āš™ļø
And if You Love the Country, then weā€™re on the same side ~
I gotā€™ love for Britain, I gotā€™ British prideā€™. šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Post #797885 12th Oct 2019 8:09pm
Zed

Steve,
An abusive video was posted about a minor with learning difficulties. Some may take pleasure in that but I believe it to be in very bad taste. Disagree with her views by all means but to attack her personally is wrong.

Free speech works both ways. You have the right to say it but I have the right to disagree.
Post #797888 12th Oct 2019 8:26pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
If you follow that logic then they have no right to try and ban Diesel or we have the right to prevent EVā€™s taking over. Or we could stay as we are, and have been for years. Very happy with our freedom of access and of choice to drive what we like and do what we like with in the law. And that also means the law isnā€™t there to be manipulated to reduce the public freedom for financial gain.
Insurance is another industry that needs looking into, because that has a similar nature control and manipulation of regulation and laws. Not just motor but all insurance sectors.

Itā€™s funny how freedom of access in the Lake District has been attacked recently too.
Failed, but attempted.

No one here is going to take such things lightly or acceptingly, it goes beyond fuels etc anyway. It is a classed based thing too.
Local council this area posted out to people not long ago if they donā€™t agree with their idiocy. ā€œJust get a new EV carā€ if they donā€™t like it.
Food for thought whilst there are many people out their without a home.
Why donā€™t these do gooders do something about things like that..
No theyā€™d rather judge the neighbour in their ā€œbig 4x4 thing next doorā€.
There is a lot of this going on, gender battles etc as well. No need for any of it weā€™re all people, no need to stoke up such behaviour. Diesels Lives Matter. ā›½ļøšŸ›¢ļøšŸ‘Øā€šŸ”§šŸ§°āš™ļø
And if You Love the Country, then weā€™re on the same side ~
I gotā€™ love for Britain, I gotā€™ British prideā€™. šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Post #797891 12th Oct 2019 8:45pm
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Post #797893 12th Oct 2019 8:50pm
zippo87

Scotland 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
Being offended by ā€˜Xā€™ just seems to be a thing these days. Iā€™m sure at some point people will just give up communication completely for fear of being ousted or for using a racist or defamation signal such as the ā€˜okā€™ signal - for example that divers and almost everybody who just needs to indicate a non verbal sign that something is ā€˜okā€™ !!

Iā€™m not sure which generation is causing the most harm - but each are coming in at their own angle and itā€™s getting bloody grating!!
Post #797907 12th Oct 2019 10:39pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Zed wrote:

I have read your posts in the past and although we may disagree on many things I believe we would most likely agree on the basics. Right from wrong, justice, fairness etc.

If you witnessed a grown man abusing a child in the street, I'd like to think you would at least say something. Maybe even give him a well deserved dig.

So why do you condone that behaviour on the internet?

Someone abusing an "innocent" child in the street is one thing, but someone else standing in a patform and lecturing the world on what they consider everyone else should be doing is another.

And I don't care if they're thick skinned politicians, doo-gooder film stars, mouthy pop stars or 16 year old schoolgirls.... if they stand up to lecture then they're fair game.

Her parents (if they're the puppeteers pulling the strings) have latched onto a good thing; lets use a disabled 16 yeaar old girl as our "front man", then some sections of society who feel for her, can try (and fail miserably Laughing ) to make others feel uncomfortable by dissagreeing with her.
Post #797917 13th Oct 2019 6:34am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Anyone seen the LR customer relations chap/chapess in here or has it just become too toxic to be associated with? Whistle Rolling Eyes
Post #797920 13th Oct 2019 7:34am
Zed

Correct me if I've misunderstood Jim but I think you are saying you enjoy giving personal abuse to anyone who's opinions you don't like, regardless of age and you don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Do you carry out this behaviour in real life or exclusively on internet forums?
Post #797921 13th Oct 2019 7:44am
ericvv

Post #797922 13th Oct 2019 7:57am
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Fellas in a minute Martin will pop along and warn people of their behaviour, then have to spend his time tidying up the thread,I am sure he has much better ways of spending his time than doing that, perhaps now has come and its best just to move along and not keep squabbling. Just my thoughts Thumbs Up 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90

Last edited by Sulisuli on 13th Oct 2019 8:20am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #797923 13th Oct 2019 8:08am
ericvv

Post #797925 13th Oct 2019 8:12am
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Zed wrote:
Correct me if I've misunderstood Jim but I think you are saying you enjoy giving personal abuse to anyone who's opinions you don't like, regardless of age and you don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Do you carry out this behaviour in real life or exclusively on internet forums?
]

When did I give any personal abuse? YOU were the one who started calling people "classy" on here for enjoying the video clip.

All i said, if you bother to re-read it instead of just being your usual patronising self, is "anyone who sticks their head up should expect to get incoming" and in that, I mean should expect to get people who don't agree, don't like, have other ideas etc etc.

Also please note it wasn't me that posted the (very funny IMO) video of the Porsche driver.
Post #797944 13th Oct 2019 12:52pm
Slideywindows

England 
As a past victim of Zed's sarcasm and abuse, I am truly sorry that he is at it again.

It isn't half a dozen people doing it on here.

It's just one.

The same one.

Banging Head
Post #797978 13th Oct 2019 6:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>