↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > My 110 utility wagon.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
L110CDL

England 
Nice to see that your still happy with the choice you made on the tyre's and thanks for the update Very Happy Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #707418 15th May 2018 9:41pm
Devon-Rover

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
Nothing much going on here.

I acquired a variable wiper relay. quite a neat bit of kit for the those rainy days where the OE intermediate wipe wasn't quite or too fast to wipe Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #710024 30th May 2018 9:53pm
L110CDL

England 
Good to hear all is ok at the moment Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #710060 30th May 2018 11:08pm
Devon-Rover

Ok so coming up to date

Click image to enlarge

T/box F & R axle and fuel tank breathers all routed up to this very smart ARB breather manifold.

The gearbox is work in progress but I will get it done when I source the right fittings

Gearbox rear main oil seal started to leak so that was dealt with

Click image to enlarge

adaptor shaft was fine so re-greased (copiously) and put back in. Also whilst I was there I changed the gearbox and Transfer box oils.

Castrol Syntrans for the Gbox as it seems to be the deferred choice for the OEM specced BOT oil.
Fuchs Titan Sintopoid 75w-90 for the Transferbox. Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #719639 25th Jul 2018 12:40pm
Devon-Rover

Click image to enlarge

So what started as a 5 minute job resulted in 2 days of stress and dithering about.
Who would of thought a simple wiring job would go this way. All I wanted was a simple on - off winch switch and the above diagram is how to do it. Due to the nature of the switch which is a latching switch ala HRW or driving lights with an interchangeable face it means it isn't a quick fit I first thought of.
The LR switch as per the wisdom of this forum switches on the earth side and so using an amended lighting diagram gives me the ability to switch the winch isolator on - off and still have the leds light correctly on the switch.

IMHO just get the face plate and fit it to a gen LR HRW switch and use a blue connector. in the end I just couldn't risk a mission critical switch on a pattern part so went genuine on the switch. Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #731431 26th Sep 2018 11:45pm
Devon-Rover

After a cooked relay which meant a total loss of lights meant it was time to lower the stress on the system. I could of A) wired in a new set of Aux relays to take the stress of the main loom or reduce the current being drawn.

Enter a new set of Trucklite Gen 2 lamps.

With the Triple 1000 Elite bar The morning commute is enjoyable and like daylight

Click image to enlarge
 Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #735926 20th Oct 2018 6:39pm
Devon-Rover

Decided it is time to upgrade the rear storage.

So a MSS Longline brought off here from Trebo and a set of puma wheel arch covers from MSS themselves. Some sheets of silent coat and fixing the cargo rails to it. then we have this much progress. I'm going to get some HD automotive carpet to cover the sound proofing and the back is fairy well done.

Click image to enlarge
Post #769488 21st Apr 2019 7:56pm
Devon-Rover

After many years of service I have swapped out the faithful EP9.5 and being a bargain I couldn't resist there is a shiny new EXP 10i sat on the front bumper.

Spooled with 30m of English braids D-tract winch line and of course a genuine Superwinch fairlead just to make it look right.

I have also brought the Picatinny brackets to mount the lightbar and the wireless controller as once you have gone wireless you can't go back.

Click image to enlarge
Post #771761 6th May 2019 4:50pm
L110CDL

England 
That does look nice, nice upgrade Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #771799 6th May 2019 8:27pm
Devon-Rover

Sooo my Wolf rims are getting a little rusty. (LR paint at it's thinnest) So a friend had a second hand set of rims going so I have chucked them on whilst I get the wolfs sorted out. Though they might stay on for a little while

Click image to enlarge

Whilst I was in there I was bullied into finally upgrading the lights to a LED kit, just the side repeaters and Number plate to do.

Click image to enlarge
Post #787762 19th Aug 2019 8:23pm
L110CDL

England 
I like it, bullied into it Laughing

Actually those rims don't look to bad on the 110 Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #787780 19th Aug 2019 9:12pm
Devon-Rover

Six months after replacing the genuine driveflanges due to wear with Bearmach OEM flanges they too have just started to show signs of wear.

Rolling Eyes

So it's time to try Bearmach HD flanges painted black as the gold is just too chintzy and very Cheshire.

Click image to enlarge

Ohh and after having a weekend with the tow hitch ploughing it's merry way It's time to have a receiver hitch.

Click image to enlarge
Post #792623 12th Sep 2019 9:09pm
Devon-Rover

Time for another coming up to speed post.

Soo the 110 has been faultlessly (there I've said it Laughing ) going fine. Still getting 6K services and doing the daily commute it is fine.

Last month was time for a new set of boots.

So replacement Cooper ST maxx went on, same as before but for all round performance they are Ace. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Back end of last year I needed to move the box trailer and the supplied drop hitch isn't low enough to tow it nicely. There was some heath Robinson construction to get the ball hitch low enough. So today as I've finally had time after the PPE run I got to work on the Bearmach long drop plate and the ladder off my old Dixon bate.

Click image to enlarge

Yes it will be painted soon just wanted to see if the maths works. Yes it's low and not braced but trust me it's F£^%£ing chunky and heavy and only the box van and my fathers mobile wheel barrow will be that low, most Ifors will be 1/2 way up the slider.

The original one is now the dedicated Penman setup, but keeping the ladders to allow it to be high enough yet rearward enough to open the hitch past the spare wheel. And still have a universal mix and match depending on the circumstance

Click image to enlarge

In the background you see my new impact gun which I brought just before the lockdown and thus not been able to go on fixing jobs with. Sad Talk about bad timing. Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #824447 10th Apr 2020 6:44pm
L110CDL

England 
Thanks for the update and it will be interesting how you will get on with the Cooper tyres Wink

Good that the 110 is going well Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #824484 10th Apr 2020 9:21pm
spam242

United Kingdom 
How have you found the superwinch exp? I'm thinking of buying one but heard about clutch issues.
Post #842966 10th Jul 2020 9:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>