↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > My 110 utility wagon.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
Devon-Rover

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
Hi.

There is some clutch issues but that is due to water ingress causing a few minor corrosion issues that effect clutch operation. Clean up and regrease then seal seems to cure it.

Now UPDATE time.

After many many trouble free miles and the usual regular servicing it was time to deal with the elephant in the room.

The clutch and adaptor shaft.

So some online ordering and this all shows up..

Click image to enlarge

Sort a time and date with my brother who works at Vanstones in launceston and this happens

Click image to enlarge

I will say up to this point the clutch has been fine. No hard pedal, no rattling and no horrid changes but.. The springs were all loose and..

Click image to enlarge

The spigot bearing wasn't correctly installed and the primary pinion shaft was rubbing against it. A fault from the factory.
So a new one in too.

Click image to enlarge

The adaptor shaft was ok but it is a ticking time bomb and not wanting that problem is the reason to get it replaced, Ohh and the rear output seal on the box was leaking again Rolling Eyes

Click image to enlarge

New bits in and now all sorted and back on the road. Thumbs Up

BUT

In the last picture that shiny tube above the clutch is the EGR cooler it is leaking into the exhaust. inside the down pipe is pink traces of coolant. If you have minor water loss with yours this is probably where it is going. It's not an easy DIY job so I'm gonna have to get this one booked in. Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #859722 4th Oct 2020 12:00pm
L110CDL

England 
Nice bit of work done there and good place to have it done as i have never heard a bad word said against Vanstones Bow down 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #860342 7th Oct 2020 8:39pm
Devon-Rover

Update.

Absolutely nothing of merit or event has happened really.

She has been steadily clocking up the miles and doing me proud.

I fitted a CDH ( Chinese Diesel Heater) waay back last year and that has been sound as a pound. On those frosty mornings just fire it up and go back inside for coffee, 20 - 30 mins later one well defrosted and warm landy to set off to work with.

Click image to enlarge

It also has recently (monday) shown unknown (till then) benefit. the CDH display has a voltage readout and all of last winter and just recently the BBUS would 'Chirp' when starting up. Now seeing the voltage has shown the original battery is ok but no longer top form. overnight or after work the voltage when standing was dropping to 11.9 to 12.2 volts.
So a new Varta G14 AGM has been plonked in. Thumbs Up Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #939631 26th Jan 2022 8:51pm
Jami

United Kingdom 
Devon-Rover wrote:
A Little update.....

I am keen not to go mad with the upgrades just concentrate on keeping it straight and tidy.

So there is the rear Corner protectors

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

And just in shot the Dixon bate adjustable hitch replacing the standard one.

And a little bit of underbody protection in the form of some rather tasty WildBear Diff Guards.

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Can you pls share some more pics of the corner protection and dimensions Tks
Post #943747 25th Feb 2022 3:38am
Devon-Rover

Hi jami

You have probably already solved that issue but..

Google rear bumperettes and all shall be shown. For the cost of a pair, might as well buy them.

The slow march towards "Camping" spec. I won't use the term overland as it's getting a bit trite as it is and overused.

Click image to enlarge

Picked up an early hannibal roof rack and fitted the 270 awning that has spent 2 years in the shed. (Yes i brought it early march 2020 Rolling Eyes ) Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #952781 17th May 2022 4:32pm
L110CDL

England 
The 110 is looking good there Devon-Rover, very nice Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #952909 18th May 2022 9:21pm
Devon-Rover

Since the series has taken the 'offroad' duties, it is time to give the old girl some love and attention.

After a corsa tried having my side of the road back in December she has been sporting some major scratches to the OSR arch and it broke the Dirt defender.
The broken rim and marking the rockslider showed just how much worse it could of been.

Anyhow I won the altercation and only go around to now to sort it out.

So she is back from Vanstones in Launceston and Shaun in the bodyshop has done a grand job in putting on a new arch and dirt defender

However a new painted arch would stick out a bit.

So she has been fully polished to remove the hedge rash and the rocksliders and rear crossmember has been prepped and painted and the windscreen frame had a stone chip starting to fester so that has been sorted too.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I think she's looking fairly smart now. Cool Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #956664 27th Jun 2022 6:56pm
Devon-Rover

Again an update of not a lot happening.

I have a boring car for the daily drive so the defenders annual mileage last year was about 4.5K miles.

We are currently at ~73500K and soo far still major fault free, slowly showing a few signs of being almost 10 years old. (NOV 2013 build)

Another clean sheet MOT back in June gave me a chance to get underneath in comfort and see that my 7 year old rust treatment is due a top up so it will get done in due course.

It did trigger the OCD / Fussy side of me that boils down to if i'm going to cover the underside in protective stuffs then I'd better do some early preventative works so I don't get to wear it.

Fast forward a few weeks and I have a weighty parcel turn up.

TLDR the front springs were starting to sag under the weight of the bumper and if you are doing springs then you might as well do dampers too..

Click image to enlarge

and if you are doing fronts then you might as well do the backs too Rolling Eyes

Click image to enlarge

(yes old spring in place now been changed.)
The rear chassis trailing arm bushes were getting a little worn so new SuperPro ones have gone in too. The rest on inspection are still ok.

As you might of noticed on the front picture the brake disc looking a little worn.

Sooo

Click image to enlarge

New EBC discs, Pads and new calipers all round

Now she sits kinda level abiet a little higher than standard.

Click image to enlarge

That is OME 2751 on the front and OME 2755 on the back. I do have some static crap in the back and Obvs when I go away then more camping gear gets loaded so it should be all good and happy now.

Initial feelings is yes it's on the firm end of the comfort scale when going along but hitting potholes that would before be unpleasant (witness marks of the bumpstop hitting front axle seen during the MOT) are dealt with ok. So I would expect that rough tracks will be a more pleasant ride. Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #1003190 6th Aug 2023 2:42pm
L110CDL

England 
Thank you for another great update Devon-Rover Thumbs Up

The rims that are currently on your 110, do you know the make and are they steel or alloy, thanks Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1003305 7th Aug 2023 9:09pm
Devon-Rover

They are the VBS encore.

https://www.paddockspares.com/16x7-vbs-enc...black.html

Alloy but have a good weight rating too. Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #1003554 10th Aug 2023 5:43am
L110CDL

England 
Many thanks Devon-Rover Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1003670 10th Aug 2023 8:42pm
HardCharger

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Devon-Rover wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Would you happen to know where one can get that green cap? Mine had been missing for quite a while. What does this thing do anyway? It's a Schrader Valve from what I can see but have no idea what it does.
Post #1003703 11th Aug 2023 2:45am
Devon-Rover

It is a take off to check the fuel pressure.

The cap known as a service port dust cover / cap Most commonly found on AC systems. I cannot specifically find one in green for the rail on the Defender. plenty of one's for AC systems etc. Also can be found on Fb, Ytube, Insta & Twitter @4WDSouthwest
Post #1003880 12th Aug 2023 4:32pm
HardCharger

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Oh, OK.

Thank you for the information.

I'll try looking for AC generic ones as the spare that I had bought are labeled H and L.
Post #1004039 14th Aug 2023 4:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456