↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > My 110 utility wagon.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Devon-Rover

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
I have succumbed to temptation again....

TGE side panels all fitted to help smarten the interior. also Dog guard fitted purely a safety thing to stop all the camping gear trying to migrate.

Click image to enlarge

Slowly but surely getting there.
Post #443228 4th Aug 2015 10:22pm
stanley

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
I've got a set of TGE panels to fit . Any problems fitting them ?
Post #443267 5th Aug 2015 12:42am
Devon-Rover

Not really. i cleaned the panels first and followed the instructions.

They are a really snug fit i doubt you will actually need the sticky strips on the back but it all helps.
TBH as defender production is coming to an end the fit of the trim is getting how should i put it, .... Less Precise. When fitting the panels it is noticed that the trim moves a lot as you push them in.
I used the one hand on the trim to steady and a firm push with the other to seat them firmly. Else you could end up not quite seating the panels 'home' as the trim surrounds have flexed when fitting.

Else wise it all went in ok. and makes the interior look finished. Rather than the whole back but no windows approach.
Post #443398 5th Aug 2015 3:25pm
Devon-Rover

My latest refinement?

well it is hard to take an actual picture so this will do...

Click image to enlarge
Post #446371 15th Aug 2015 8:59pm
jk84

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Excellent, loving your upgrades, adding quality every single time! How's the performance now? Did you go for the intercooler/turbo/etc upgrade with the remap? Must be making quite a difference Thumbs Up MY15 Aintree 110 SW - for sale - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic82781.html
MY16 Santorini 90 HT - sold
Post #446683 17th Aug 2015 8:22am
Devon-Rover

Thanks JK....

It is a fine line between making it more useable for play and keeping it understated and not just another over egged omelette, if you get my drift.
The 90 / 110 & 127 then the Defender have come a long way in development but there is always room for subtle improvement.

I went for the basic Stage 1 signature tuning, I wasn't after more go as IMHO they go really well standard, I just felt in 3rd and 4th trailing throttle the kangaroo and hiccup caused by the throttle mapping left a lot to be desired in terms of enjoyment of the vehicles driveability. Gary's wizardry gives a smooth throttle map and yes a welcome bit of extra get up and go when needed.
Post #447202 18th Aug 2015 9:26pm
Devon-Rover

All sailing along Smoothly. Only noticeable event is that the Odometer has just passed the 10K mark Shocked The mileage is slowly creeping up.

Time to think about a dam good rust proofing before the dreaded winter comes...

And maybe some front Mudflaps.
Post #454259 11th Sep 2015 9:02pm
Devon-Rover

Nothing like a sunday spent with a beer in one hand and some polish in the other.

Click image to enlarge
Post #454760 13th Sep 2015 8:25pm
jk84

What a shot, she looks spotless as always Bow down

A classic Defender...

I must have missed the side sills upgrade. Did you get a heavy duty ones? Happy with them? I have been looking at some heavy duty bumpers - when I had mine at Zaggato's (Chris) for rust proofing, excellent job he's done btw, he said I should change the OEM bumper for a better quality one, both to protect the front and because the factory ones rust a bit apparently.

Devon-Rover wrote:
Thanks JK....

It is a fine line between making it more useable for play and keeping it understated and not just another over egged omelette, if you get my drift.
The 90 / 110 & 127 then the Defender have come a long way in development but there is always room for subtle improvement.

I went for the basic Stage 1 signature tuning, I wasn't after more go as IMHO they go really well standard, I just felt in 3rd and 4th trailing throttle the kangaroo and hiccup caused by the throttle mapping left a lot to be desired in terms of enjoyment of the vehicles driveability. Gary's wizardry gives a smooth throttle map and yes a welcome bit of extra get up and go when needed.

Can't agree more, it's a very fine line. Something I certainly struggle with. I love the simple look but get very tempted every time I see a Twisted or a Bowler. For now I'm trying to live with it as it is and see which desires prevail.

But the remap sounds worth while, something that really adds to the enjoyment of the truck. I'm not after bags of power either, but I would like to stay at 60mph when I'm strolling up that hill one too many on A30 instead of slowing down to 50/40mph before I hit the peak Very Happy
Post #456258 19th Sep 2015 2:51am
Devon-Rover

The sills were mentioned in passing but no parade made about them. Nothing fancy just a set of Mantec replacement HD sills to protect the body from errant car park door incidents.

And the one occasion when I was truly off the road when a tyre rode over a branch and was turned up there was a very audible "Clang" as it hit the sill so over all a worthwhile modification. The jury is still out on whether or not to fit the winch that was taken off the front of my old 90. The HD bumper would as you say protect the front end more.

The Remap is wonderful and It makes those few little hills on the A30 a lot easier to conquer. It isn't about the power just a nice band of torque to surf as you go along.
Post #456738 21st Sep 2015 9:57am
Devon-Rover

Quick update:

Work has been super busy so not a lot of extra time for 'Tinkering'.

Front Mudflaps have been fitted, to aid in the mission of keeping the amount of muck from getting up onto the chassis. It was a painless install apart from having the nibble a bit off the corners as they interfere with the Rock sliders.

Apart from that there has been the addition of the front driving lights.

Click image to enlarge

For those who want to know...

I used the genuine Land Rover wiring loom.. Yes it is expensive but add up the cost of the switch the length of wires, conduit etc..etc.. then you get a reasonable package.
There was only one choice for front illumination, A £100 Ebay Chinese light bar... No I AM JOKING!!!! That is a Lazer Lamps Triple R 1000 Elite, Combined with their new 'Reeded' Lens system it really gives a solid wall of light and great distance. Or take the two lens off and you get a Stupid long range driving light with a reasonable width. FYI the quoted specs are .25 lux at circa 1300 meters away!

Future mods I think I will go for is the Winch and bumper, as a Taxi almost rolled back into the front of me last week at a junction, So I guess even just for peace of mind it is time for some front armouring.
Post #479379 5th Dec 2015 4:43pm
L110CDL

England 
good looking landy Devon-Rover, mods are coming along nicely Thumbs Up
Post #479508 5th Dec 2015 10:49pm
Devon-Rover

Ok I have been a little quiet on the land rover front maybe something to do with the wonderful winter weather...

The only thing I have done is sorted the front end out to what I was wanting.

Click image to enlarge

So the D44 bumper is on and my Superwinch EP9.5 is sat in place. Winch wiring is mostly there just the in cab Isolator and wireless controls to refine further.
I have slightly modded the Terrafirma A bar to mount my Lights and to fit closely to the winch itself. and then Spooled a new 30m of 10mm Winch line on.

Right Apart from Rustproofing when the days become warming and the evenings longer I think I am done. with the major modifications.
Post #513889 13th Mar 2016 5:57pm
jk84

That is a nicely beefed up front end Devon-Rover Thumbs Up Also looks that the lightbar can turn night into day Shocked MY15 Aintree 110 SW - for sale - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic82781.html
MY16 Santorini 90 HT - sold
Post #514110 14th Mar 2016 11:02am
Devon-Rover

http://www.lazerlamps.com/home/triple-r/triple-r-1000-elite

It certainly is bright enough and is a small enough package. I do like to be able to see far enough infront to drive defensively and judge the road conditions. Thumbs Up
Post #514141 14th Mar 2016 12:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>