Home > Off Topic > Radio 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
DonH2000

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Rashers wrote:
Rylan Banging Head

Car crash radio. Couldn’t listen to that after the great Pick of the Pops with Paul Gambachini. A proper DJ.

In the trail for his show last week he said on air "I can't believe I am getting paid for this......".

Well Rylan, be careful what you wish for if you keep in with your enaine drivel. Cheers Don.
Post #760654 25th Feb 2019 8:53am
legin

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
I have a DAB Radio in my wife's car and never really got the hang of it , it seems to just stop and start again and I'm in Essex ! I have been listening to Virgin 10.58 or what ever it's called now in the workshop and really enjoy it, you can only seem get it in the car in and around London which is a shame .
Post #760657 25th Feb 2019 9:34am
Intercept

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 Black LE Java Black
The Alpine (non-DAB) radio in the 110 is normally tuned to R2 but at an inaudible volume, preset so that the RDS Traffic Reports kick in at an audible level when they are triggered. Similarly phone call audio via Bluetooth is preset to a suitably high volume when those happen. In the wife's car I normally choose Radio X on DAB, but it gets muted during the adverts and replaced by Spotify playlists when Chris Moyles or Johnny Vaughn are on.

R1 = mostly awful music genres
R2 = mostly inane drivel but Jo Whiley is OK in the evening now that she's got her own programme back
R3 = fine if you like that sort of thing
R4 = often interesting content but really badly produced requiring constant volume tweaking to keep it audible/not deafening
R5 = OK if you like sport and have a DAB tuner
R6 = refreshingly obscure but DAB only

In other words, if I want music in the 110 it's normally from Spotify playlists on my phone, linked by Bluetooth to the Alpine.
Post #760681 25th Feb 2019 1:24pm
Yulong

United Kingdom 
Radio nowadays is an absolute joke! The nonsense chat of the named presenter with the couple sidekicks, christ it’s inane!

Classic FM for me now; I’m 48 and act 18 but it’s still the best option! Very Happy
Post #761618 3rd Mar 2019 12:01am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
The ‘zoo’ format where you have a radio presenter with side kicks is an American import mastered in my opinion by Steve Wright when he did the afternoon show on Radio 1. I believe Steve’s first wife Cindy was American so he spent a lot of time over the puddle and was highly influenced in what he heard.

Maybe it was my age, but that show was so new, so exciting and really entertaining. He had some great characters. Sid the Manager, Gervais, The Perv, and the very famous Mr Angry. Great Radio.

Unfortunately, as with all things, every Man and his dog jumped on the bandwagon and it is now done very poorly by the many.

Don’t ever listen to Heart as I find their branded format inane, but such a shame local station breakfast shows are being networked and nationalised. Local radio? What a joke.

Really struggle with Steve Wright on Radio 2 now. He is still a great DJ, and many many listen to his Radio Show on Radio 2, it’s just not for me.
Post #761628 3rd Mar 2019 7:26am
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
Yulong wrote:

Classic FM for me now; I’m 48 and act 18 but it’s still the best option! Very Happy

I've recently gone over to classic as well, musically it's great, nice variation plus the "big hits" but I did notice a few get played a couple of times a week, and that's with me listening for only a couple of hours a day. Ad breaks are too long and there seem to be news reports every twenty minutes. I wish they would *just* play the music, that would be perfect. At least the presenters just tell you what's playing without talking rubbish like other stations. 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #761629 3rd Mar 2019 8:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
I rarely get back to the UK, so don’t hear Cox, Vine, Evans et al. But in the past I couldn’t stand listening to music stations that were actually over 50% talking/jingles/and-or adverts. So either I would listen to a talk radio station (LBC, Radio 5 Live etc) or my own music. Now it’s almost entirely my own music in France, Spotify playlists etc (as French radio is S**t), and when in the UK if I rent a car with DAB, then it’s on to Planet Rock 🤘 Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #761631 3rd Mar 2019 8:33am
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
I listened to a little of Rylan's programme yesterday afternoon on the way back from a visit to Bradford Industrial Museum.

What a load of rubbish. (And that wasn't the museum which is excellent by the way.)

Quickly tuned back to Classic FM, much to the dismay of my 15 year old !!
Post #761667 3rd Mar 2019 11:40am
Chopperone

United Kingdom 
Radio 2 has finally driven me over to Virgin Radio.
I am not a fan of Beardy Branson so I have to think I am not putting money in his pocket - I am just listening to the radio.
I will give it a week but so far I am fairly happy.
Guy May your life be like toilet paper ; long & useful.
Post #784335 1st Aug 2019 10:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234