↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > BeaTie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 26 <123 ... 789 ... 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
The other bull bar was a custom made batch, But yeah I think it really does go well, My dad said it needs two spot on, which I may look into at some point, But we have other upgrades planned and security too. Plus two services to do, ( Peugeot and this) So upgrades like that will have to wait. Smile Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #775623 30th May 2019 9:24pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Did a little repair today, looks like the previous owner had the dash to bits, and lost two of the plastic spacers for the heater and vent controls. Which would explain why its been a bit hard to operate, also I ordered the lost replacement screw, and made up two little spacers which lines the controls back up again. two ends of raw plugs job done Smile
Nothing more on the cards yet, going to try and get the funds up stronger, So I can replace the jack and buy a swing away. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #775755 31st May 2019 11:42pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
well looks like I have a water leak on the rear tub, With all the rain we had on Saturday, looks like something has been comprised. But it could be just a one off, We will see, also at some point I will take a look at this heater matrix, Still giving me just warm air. not hot or cold. I am toying with the idea of buying a replacement jack too, so that I can get shot of the lift jack thing too. I have another on from the other defender to go west too, once sorted out. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #777093 11th Jun 2019 6:54pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
looks like I may need set of wiper arms, one decided to work itself, slack or something, Today there after I got home. I pulled off the wiper arm after undoing the nut ( like the rover metro) checked the splines they look ok, but I recon i will need to replace the arms. I hope to Christ i don't need to change the wiper drives as i can see that been a pain in the arse! i may even have a chat with me pal grafty if he could make me a kit up if that's going to be the case. Rolling Eyes found out where i am getting the leak from too, its the join between the rear tub and the corner of the rear window. So looks like i may have to dum dum that in. The rear panel has been off at some point too. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #777253 12th Jun 2019 8:33pm
L110CDL

England 
Great you found where the water is coming in Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #777266 12th Jun 2019 8:55pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Yeah, I found it Thumbs Up looks like have to change the wipers though, the driver side one decided to fail, I was very lucky I was coming to the end of a 70 MPH which was limited to 40. I would have been knackered if it had failed on me further up the road! The spray off the lorries would have been deadly! I managed to sort it out, at work. but I took a different route home, just to be easy on the car. Just got home and the wiper was starting to do the same thing again. So looks like the splines or what ever on the arm has started to fail. So I have ordered two off, along with some nice dual bosh wiper blades. The passenger one I will keep for the rear, a long with the two blades. Those are still good, and for how often you use the rear wiper, compared to the fronts, its worth just using a second good one, if the wipers all the same. used to do that with the metros. As I remember the areo wipers used to catch the rear spoiler. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #777513 14th Jun 2019 7:25pm
L110CDL

England 
Good that you have got it under control with sorting out the wipers and it is always handy keeping spare wiper blades as you don't know when they will decide to fly off the landy Laughing 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #777538 14th Jun 2019 8:47pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
ok did a bit on Saturday, sunday was a wash out sadly, But it gave me the chance to role out a repair/ service and a fluid top up.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I will keep those for the rear I think

Click image to enlarge

assembled ready to go on Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

the old one off, this had no spines left at all.

Click image to enlarge

old vs new.

Click image to enlarge

It started to rain so i had to boycot photos sadly so i had to rush on.
Also i fitted the one of the front wiper blades to the rear wiper, that blade had spilt, so i have four spares for the rear. Tested all yesterday and the wipers are quiet and spot on! The other set is for the 306. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #778991 25th Jun 2019 8:39pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
I’m a big fan of these blades, have them fitted to both defenders and my boat Thumbs Up 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #778992 25th Jun 2019 8:42pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I got BT her service kit through the post today, so that's one lot of parts sorted, the next I think is going to be the rear swing way. I will order that close to the time. Also I have got some sheet metal in from my mate, when we do the floor plan, I may even order the EGR valve blank kit off too. I need to see what this has on. So I am stock piling stuff Very Happy Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #780321 5th Jul 2019 7:26pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
got a nice little upgrade through the post a couple of days ago, I just need to order a few odds and sods to make them up. All will be shown soon.

A massive thank you to L110CDL for sorting me out Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #781395 14th Jul 2019 12:26am
L110CDL

England 
Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #781779 16th Jul 2019 9:54pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Swing way ordered off and a jack, cost a few quid, but its going to need it. I am going to be doing away with that lift jack thing, those are just dangerous! So watch this space soon, also I have ordered off some floor pan screws, my pal will be helping me sort this hole out, I took one look at those tonight and yeah those will have to be drilled out Shocked Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #782121 19th Jul 2019 7:59pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
big step today, but I will sort out a few pictures of the finished job, Thumbs Up as I am still waiting on a few parts. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #782800 24th Jul 2019 12:25am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
You are a tease. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #782823 24th Jul 2019 8:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 26 <123 ... 789 ... 242526>