↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Proctas Peugeot 306 HDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
the cage is a pattern copy so I cannot fit the outer part of the radio, but then again who cares. You want to see how far the radio sticks out on the defender due to the ISO looms! Smile Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #725146 24th Aug 2018 12:47am
Procta

United Kingdom 
This been a good send again to me mum, I was wanting to get the wheels sorted for it this year, but looks like I will have to wait till after xmas, as I want to put a set of new tyres on too. I have enjoyed the CD changer but I may look out of new radio to go with it. Also I have a little upgrade for it too, but I will have to wait till I get the car back, But I fitted a new rear wiper blade as the old one had seen better days. My dad had cut down a blade for it before when used it, he is complaining that there is still air in the brakes when he drove it. ( I am going to ask my mate to help me bleed these with his kit I think) Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #736579 24th Oct 2018 8:40pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
last week I went to see my old garage ( coachworks) they gave me an quote on sorting the cars bodywork out, which isn't bad at all. I will need to save for it. Have a good two months.
I am looking at getting the rear bumper, rear panel. a rear arch, bonnet and door painted. so we are looking at 1300. I know the car is worth Censored all but she is a tidy motor for her age and now is the time to jump on things now. if I am going to save her. She is close to classic car status. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #739776 11th Nov 2018 2:09am
L110CDL

England 
As you say, better to get it all done now and then wont cost you an arm and a leg later on Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #740204 12th Nov 2018 10:24pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
The lad who quoted me the work, said its all about keeping old cars like this going Thumbs Up just got to get the budget now. Sad Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #740325 13th Nov 2018 6:33pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Well done Procta, it takes a special sort of person to save cars like this, bravo! I think the same with my P38- not the most beautiful shape, dodgy electrics, glacial pace, but puts a smile on my face. Getting the little jobs done is immensely satisfying.
Post #740330 13th Nov 2018 6:49pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
This little sweet heart has been with me for nearly 12 years and its never let me down at all. I have spent 1000s on rover metros and this car has never needed anything bar what goes wrong with it. when that does happen I have always jumped on her. Its nice now to throw some money at her now, that she deserves. I gave her a brake over haul early on and a her spare wheel cage a good paint. I have some stuff that I will be doing my side steps with, but I may just get under this 1st and have a good old clean and a paint. I paid just shy of 4k for her, That was back when these held the value and this one was a low mileage example. as most of these had a 100k then! This one just ticked over this year to 100k. One thing that is sad though is these are vanishing now off the roads faster than defender can hit 60. The 306 forums have practically dried up now, One that was well known and I still have the sticker on, closed down early this year sadly. The other one I am a member of isn't far off that I don't think. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #740403 13th Nov 2018 9:27pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well its been a hell of a time since I posted on this, She has been a dream as normal, and yeah I will be serving her, when I have factory shut down which is two weeks time, a few months late, but I am not fussed. The car hasn't done the mileage, But again the car saved the day after what happened at the beginning of the year, I am wanting to get under there and give that chassis a good painting. I have said it for the past few years, but its getting done!!! A long with a few other things I want to do.
The car is in for its mot at a different place this time, Am I hell going back to the place that did it last year, Took the Censored Censored right there. The defender I will not go there.
I have the oil filter and oil sump plug ready, going to order off a fuel housing, ( just getting the MOT done 1st) Then i can buy the rest. This has a ITG panel filter, so i may replace that with another one, with the OIL wiped off. The Cheap changer has died lol, so i am going to replace the radio, I will just get two radios, one for the defender and one for this one. Got a change the speedo drive, as it starting to drop sadly. Be a laugh to change on this! But yeah, fitted a nice pair of dual bosch wipers
The AP ones i had on, didnt even last two months at all! Shocked Rear one is a little suspect too! But i am not arsed yet.
Also its halved this year on insurance, thats with the claim on the defender. which is a few more quid in my pocket for this.
Trying to get hold of a few things for this, ( bits of trim for the boot) is starting to get rather tricky now, due to the age of the 306 in general. This one is nearly 2 years off 20, hard to believe! My mate said to the mot tester tonight, he has had this thing a while, and i have asked him very year, if he would sell her. The mot tester is also a painter so he is going to gave me a Quote on sorting the car out fully, by the time we start with said panels, he might aswell respray the full car. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #778999 25th Jun 2019 7:58pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
So wish me luck again lads on the MOT of this little sweet heart Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #779000 25th Jun 2019 7:58pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
All gravy, Had to change the discs due to one rear cracking, but that was it. No advisories at all. Last years MOT was a joke! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #779256 27th Jun 2019 4:19pm
grafty99

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Caledonian Blue
Nice one! All good for another year Thumbs Up 2002 90 Td5 Station Wagon
1990 Vogue SE
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200
Td5 90 Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic50767.html
Tdi 110 Thread https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic69562.html
RRC Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic54492.html
Instagram http://www.instagram.com/george_grafton
Post #779260 27th Jun 2019 4:38pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
got my fuel filter through the post, so I am practically ready to rock and roll, next weekend! Got replacement exhaust rubbers, and i have a bottom engine guard to go on too, Also i will be looking at starting to clean down the floors and start vactan and por 15. Very Happy Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #781157 11th Jul 2019 6:05pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I gave this a good service yesterday, looks like its got a water leak somewhere at the back of the engine. Crying or Very sad these are not the easiest cars to fix sadly, due how tight the engine is. so I am suspecting the inlet has got a water leak or the EGR valve has, which is plumbed into the coolant system.
purrs like new though since the oil, diesel filter change. fitted a new sump plug and washer too. I do have the guard to go on underneath but I am not sure if all the brackets are there now lol.
got the exhaust rubbers to change so I need to order off one more, a long with a few other things for this. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #782799 23rd Jul 2019 11:23pm
L110CDL

England 
your keeping on moving forward with the 306 good work Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #783139 25th Jul 2019 8:21pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah its a great car! Laugh is these are an up coming classic, the mk1s and mk2s are now, this one isn't that far off at all. I am going to try and put a few quid to one side this year on getting the body work all done, as well as the wheels. I have ordered off a few things too, and one bloody thing I forgot to put back on, was the bloody under tray that I bought a couple of years back Rolling Eyes I will after to ask my pal for a lend of his low profile jack again. I know these are not every ones cup of tea, with it been french Laughing but if you want a decent up coming classic thats practical, then you cannot beat the good old peugeots, citroens or even renaults. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #783348 27th Jul 2019 12:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>