↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > BeaTie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 26 <123 45 ... 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
some other items have came today, I may get the rest tomorrow or Friday if possible. So I will be rolling out some little upgrades/updates/ reverts. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #768969 17th Apr 2019 4:09pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
well I made a little progress today, mainly tat removal, and deploying upgrades.
but I made an error with the driver side vent, ordered off the wrong part, I have messaged someone off here, if he is interested in it for what I paid, but PM me if you lads are interested ( for the 200)
i ran into a problem with a screw for the reflector, which i ended up having to break off so that we could wind the screw out, saves drilling, so i have ordered two replacement ones. ( one for spare)

picture of the goodies

Click image to enlarge

clear side repeaters and indicators,
two rubber grommets for the rear cross member
stainless screw set, ( in white box)
OEM factory wing vents
The wrong bloody wing vent Rolling Eyes

rear indicator

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

other lights screws replaced with stainless steel.

( the number plate will be stuck down with the proper stuff soon)

the top vents swopped back over, with stainless steal screws

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I will get a few other photos of other items tomorrow, but you lads get the idea, Thumbs Up
Those vents are up for grabs too, a long with the side one when the replacement arrives sometime next week. i have to look at removing the front spot lamps too, those are knackered. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #769159 18th Apr 2019 11:25pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well today I really rocked on. I gave it a right old hoover out, as it was a football pitch in side, had a clean underneath and I have to get the passenger side foot well welded sadly, so I will be having a chat with me pal, ( I knew the floor pan was away on it which knocked off 500 quid off the price) But that's not why I am posting up Thumbs Up

Something was delivered to day, Whistle

Click image to enlarge

so it was time to sort this out,

Click image to enlarge

The spot lamps are scrap, the lens have rotted, and I am sure the wiring has a short on it, which has stopped these from working. Plus the N bar is buckled too pushing the spots right up against the grill. ( it may be salavageble if bolted to the bumper, rather than the two on either end)

so once that was all out of the way i started to have a look what square clips were missing.

Click image to enlarge

Then i sorted the surrounds and grill, My dad decided to act him self, he was helping my mum but decided to take over this job, and started with the Censored remarks. which Censored me off. Saying that its not right for the car etc. Basically been childish. Rolling Eyes gettiing worse in his old age! we were never like this with the metro! So we had a bit of a tiff.

Click image to enlarge

I fitted clear side repeaters, which really refreshed the car

Click image to enlarge

the back end with the clear side lens but i have to sort the rear reflector out, i had to break it off so that we could get the screw out sadly yesterday. One is on order anyway Thumbs Up
The spare wheel cover i shoved on to get it out of the way, which is now binned.

Over all much better than before!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

After my dad had settled him self down, he looked at the wing vents and front end again, and said it looks a hell of a lot better, We had a look at the nudge bar in more depth and we came to the conclusion that somthings either hit it or its been used to push somthing, in the past and then later fitted on to this.
Also i fitted this

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Also i disconnected the driver side lock, so that it cannot open the door now, Very Happy I have a 110 rear door handle to go on, but i think i will have to get new screws, those on the back of that have seen better days along with the door card. I may have a revamp of the door card stuff a long with the handle. So now we are lot more secure now.
The heated seats work spot on, but the driver side most have the heated part at the back part of the seat, the wiring runns up the back, the other just has the base part on the wiring is there. Also i saw how the rev counter is wired in too, which i think i could make it neater, but then again its messing about putting things a part, for the sake of moving a wire. Also looks like i may be starting to get oil on the ecu harness too. So i need to look at sorting that too. Once insurance ( renewal is due next month) and tax is sorted. ( i am still waiting on the dvla to sort the paper work out, unless it comes tomorrow) just pain in the arse to have a car but cannot drive it on the road. I need to get the plates sorted properly. But thats just a trip down to the local motors discount joint.
I will be having a stock take on items, and i will be offering people a few things via PM and then on sale on here 1st. hard to believe someone snapped up the clock there and then! Shocked Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #769292 19th Apr 2019 11:05pm
grafty99

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Caledonian Blue
That looks loads better. I've never been a fan of bull bars or metal A bars Thumbs Up 2002 90 Td5 Station Wagon
1990 Vogue SE
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200
Td5 90 Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic50767.html
Tdi 110 Thread https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic69562.html
RRC Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic54492.html
Instagram http://www.instagram.com/george_grafton
Post #769293 19th Apr 2019 11:12pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
reason I like the bull bar, ( the one I had on the old one) is it makes people think twice about pulling out on you at the last min, I am wanting to fit another one to this one, a long with the bumper I had too, Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #769294 19th Apr 2019 11:34pm
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
Front end looks way better. Coming along nicely is this one.
Post #769376 20th Apr 2019 6:41pm
boxoftricks

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Zermatt Silver
Procta wrote:
reason I like the bull bar, ( the one I had on the old one) is it makes people think twice about pulling out on you at the last min, I am wanting to fit another one to this one, a long with the bumper I had too,

I’m looking to go in the other direction with a traditional bumper so looking to sell my Roo bar (imported from Oz) which is ultra solid. If someone pulled out god help them! Shout if interested.

Click image to enlarge
Post #769408 20th Apr 2019 9:30pm
Swine&Small

United Kingdom 
Procta. Just back from a trip and pleased you have sorted out a good one.
Looks great and your tasteful mods will made it look even better
Like the Anti Ram Posts and the Optimil stuff is good quality gear, fitted it myself a few weeks ago.
Better luck with this one and remember anti ram does not stop them pinching the doors and bonnet Big Cry 1983 Series 3 Pick up in Marine Blue
1967 Morris Traveller
1966 Morris Convertible
2012 VW T5 Camper
Quod Abundat Non Obstat.
Post #769420 20th Apr 2019 10:35pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
boxoftricks wrote:
Procta wrote:
reason I like the bull bar, ( the one I had on the old one) is it makes people think twice about pulling out on you at the last min, I am wanting to fit another one to this one, a long with the bumper I had too,

I’m looking to go in the other direction with a traditional bumper so looking to sell my Roo bar (imported from Oz) which is ultra solid. If someone pulled out god help them! Shout if interested.

Click image to enlarge

I will keep that in mind, I have to hang back at the moment, I need to get this thing taxed, still waiting for DVLA to get their fingers out of their arses. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #769422 20th Apr 2019 10:52pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Swine&Small wrote:
Procta. Just back from a trip and pleased you have sorted out a good one.
Looks great and your tasteful mods will made it look even better
Like the Anti Ram Posts and the Optimil stuff is good quality gear, fitted it myself a few weeks ago.
Better luck with this one and remember anti ram does not stop them pinching the doors and bonnet Big Cry

I have been waiting for you on here to see this one, I have had it a week. just waiting on DVLA so I can tax it. A few things still need to be done, but all in good time. I am looking at fitting gore stuff to prevent that, and I have dead locked the drivers side door. They can try and pick the lock but that wont get them in Very Happy Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #769423 20th Apr 2019 10:55pm
Swine&Small

United Kingdom 
^^^^^
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 1983 Series 3 Pick up in Marine Blue
1967 Morris Traveller
1966 Morris Convertible
2012 VW T5 Camper
Quod Abundat Non Obstat.
Post #769427 21st Apr 2019 12:09am
Procta

United Kingdom 
I am on the verge of tearing into dvla, about the log book. I am still waiting! I will have had this nearly 2 weeks and its never moved off the Censored drive away. Due to me unable to tax it, ( it was on a private plate) Dvla is quick to jump on you about not paying the car tax but really do drag their heals with this sort of thing. I am waiting till tomorrow and if I don't get anything in the post, I will be on the fone to them giving them an ear full. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #769902 24th Apr 2019 6:23pm
Swine&Small

United Kingdom 
I thought that the only way a private plate can be taken off is when and at the same time as a replacement being put on When I did this when I sold the Morgan and put the plate on the Defender it was pretty much instantaneous. My new V5 arrived the next day and I taxed it straight away. The sale of one car and the taxing of the replacement all took place in 3 working days.
It sounds to me like something has gone adrift, so I would phone them ASAP. I have always found DVLA very helpful and polite whenever I have called them.
Good Luck Thumbs Up 1983 Series 3 Pick up in Marine Blue
1967 Morris Traveller
1966 Morris Convertible
2012 VW T5 Camper
Quod Abundat Non Obstat.
Post #769905 24th Apr 2019 6:45pm
williamthedog

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Tamar Blue
The front end looks loads better like that. Thumbs Up Coming along nicely.
Post #769912 24th Apr 2019 7:48pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Swine&Small wrote:
I thought that the only way a private plate can be taken off is when and at the same time as a replacement being put on When I did this when I sold the Morgan and put the plate on the Defender it was pretty much instantaneous. My new V5 arrived the next day and I taxed it straight away. The sale of one car and the taxing of the replacement all took place in 3 working days.
It sounds to me like something has gone adrift, so I would phone them ASAP. I have always found DVLA very helpful and polite whenever I have called them.
Good Luck Thumbs Up

yeah, I think something has gone tits up, it was showing taxed up till Thursday. Could be the easter weekend causing trouble. But I will chase up tomorrow night if nothing comes! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #769917 24th Apr 2019 8:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 26 <123 45 ... 242526>