↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > What's going on in France?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Quote:

Your media can't be worse than the US media. Rarely critical of our last president who received a Nobel prize before actually doing much of anything. Never did much of anything for the poorest in our black communities except grow welfare dependance. Also lied to the American people about his healthcare proposal which has given health insurance providers record profits and made the cost of insurance go up and reduced health care choice.

Obama, early in his term wanted to pass a cap and trade bill that would have had really dire consequences. It was a carbon credit tax scheme that has its roots from Al Gore and Kenneth Lay of Enron. Of course he faced alot of opposition and the media labeled all of us that didnt submit , as racists. Environmentalism is perhaps the greatest tool ever conceived by progressives who have an insatiable appetite to make others pay for their ideas while they get rich and pat themselves on the back. Environmental policy as well as migration policy is being used as a weapon against western societies.

As an Englishman it's not for me to comment on domestic US policy but internationally you were very well respected under Bush, Obama and most other previous presidents regardless of party.
However under Trump the USA is at best becoming irrelevant and at worst an utter laughing stock. The next incumbent will have big job on their hands if they are to restore influence and America's former standing in the world.
Post #744007 4th Dec 2018 4:28pm
Lateralus

United States 
Well dont ever feel like you cant comment on US domestic policy with me. Vigorous debate is always welcome.

George W Bush was attacked 24/7 for roughly 6 years during his two terms. Our media reminded us everyday how many troops had died in Iraq or Afghanistan and how the world had lost respect for America under Bush's presidency. Hollywood attacked Bush relentlessly in standup comedy, sketch comedy, in movies, sitcoms, music etc. Someone even wrote a book or a movie about the president being harmed. The Democrats helped fuel this propaganda during war time, endangering the lives of our military.

Through it all, Bush Jr. never fought back. He believed the office of the president of the United States was above these things and he wanted to maintain a decorum that HW Bush taught his son. The partisan attacks that had escalated under Bush Jr. and continued under Obama, only leveled at those who disagreed with Obama, are the reason why Trump was elected. Because Republicans don't have the luxury of a media organization that will fight for them everyday, 24/7. Trump calls a spade and spade and will tell them to f-off, right to their faces.

Trump is immensely more qualified to run a country than Obama was. Obama was a career student and professor for the most part and was skilled at public speaking. At best, Obama is a much better husband and family man than Bill Clinton was and Michelle Obama is probably a much more likeable person overall than Hillary Clinton.
Post #744023 4th Dec 2018 5:28pm
Zed

From this side of the pond we see a dead man walking.
Trump is the president who won an election with 3 million fewer votes than the unpopular Hilary Clinton. According to 1st year approval ratings the least popular of all time. In the recent midterms he lost the house and suffered the biggest landslide since Watergate. All this plus the threat of impeachment, countless lawsuits, numerous scandals, Russian collusion and insider accusations of being mentally unfit.
Surely it is just a matter of time before the Republican party jump ship and claim their party back?
Post #744027 4th Dec 2018 5:58pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
what is it with the government taking the Censored with fuel prices? We got our pants well pulled down this year!! Petrol is practically back down to what it was at the start of the year, but diesel is no where! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #744051 4th Dec 2018 7:11pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Lateralus wrote:
Well dont ever feel like you cant comment on US domestic policy with me. Vigorous debate is always welcome.

George W Bush was attacked 24/7 for roughly 6 years during his two terms. Our media reminded us everyday how many troops had died in Iraq or Afghanistan and how the world had lost respect for America under Bush's presidency. Hollywood attacked Bush relentlessly in standup comedy, sketch comedy, in movies, sitcoms, music etc. Someone even wrote a book or a movie about the president being harmed. The Democrats helped fuel this propaganda during war time, endangering the lives of our military.

Through it all, Bush Jr. never fought back. He believed the office of the president of the United States was above these things and he wanted to maintain a decorum that HW Bush taught his son. The partisan attacks that had escalated under Bush Jr. and continued under Obama, only leveled at those who disagreed with Obama, are the reason why Trump was elected. Because Republicans don't have the luxury of a media organization that will fight for them everyday, 24/7. Trump calls a spade and spade and will tell them to f-off, right to their faces.

Trump is immensely more qualified to run a country than Obama was. Obama was a career student and professor for the most part and was skilled at public speaking. At best, Obama is a much better husband and family man than Bill Clinton was and Michelle Obama is probably a much more likeable person overall than Hillary Clinton.

You know what makes me laugh? is why the hell do the uk hate trump? he has Censored all to do with the uk! we need to be hating our own government for Censored up our country. This brexit thing is been milked to death, and i can see that been made a massive hash. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #744052 4th Dec 2018 7:14pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Lateralus - I like Trump very much and I can assure you there are many members on here that do also but often refrain from such comments. (For a reason such as bickering and argument. Rolling Eyes )
Those who have so much negative to say about Trump are Euro supporters, nearly always and that is a fact.

Nearly all of those that go around groaning about him are like those idiots going around with a blue hat on in London and are
NOT representative of the UK population.

You have much the same over your side of the pond with a Mexico border affair etc.

Personally, the US - UK relationship has never been stronger.
If anything, it's our side letting it down by having a failiure of a PM to do what she is instructed to do.

You will always also find a few members on here that will continually make sarky comments to one another on politically based views alone even on a different subject.

I can think of two members here on off the top of my head as it is, one past, one present.

As far as I'm concerned, the US-UK relationship can and will be on the up.

As has been mentioned, the US president does not concern us in a different country anyway so any comments are immaterial.

I shall not say any more on these matters, but let's just say both our countries have the same problems with the same type of people.
We need to protect our cultures and traditions. Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #744058 4th Dec 2018 7:30pm
Slideywindows

England 
I don't understand Trump.

But I do understand why millions of US citizens voted for him.

The people are rioting on the streets of Paris, not Washington. Exclamation
Post #744095 4th Dec 2018 9:57pm
Lateralus

United States 
Zed wrote:
From this side of the pond we see a dead man walking.
Trump is the president who won an election with 3 million fewer votes than the unpopular Hilary Clinton. According to 1st year approval ratings the least popular of all time. In the recent midterms he lost the house and suffered the biggest landslide since Watergate. All this plus the threat of impeachment, countless lawsuits, numerous scandals, Russian collusion and insider accusations of being mentally unfit.
Surely it is just a matter of time before the Republican party jump ship and claim their party back?

Our presidents aren't elected via a popular vote. California alone gave Clinton nearly 3 million more votes and for good reason. Democrats actively get illegal aliens to vote, be counted in the census to gain more representatives in state districts. Theres a reason that heavily democratic states have "sanctuary cities" and it's not about diversity or caring for the global community.

Trumps approval ratings in some months have edged past Obama's despite 24/7 negative spin from the propaganda arm of the democratic party, the media, as well as various tripe from Hollywood.

Trump lost I believe, 26 house seats and gained 3 Senate seats in his first midterm election. Obama lost 69 house seats and 13 Senate seats in his first term. Combined with state legislator seats and governors, Obama lost over 1000 seats in office. Trump beat the odds of sitting presidents losing house and Senate seats.

The Russian collusion story is a scheme to find dirt on the president while taking the sting off of an upset election that blindsided an out of touch party. If Russia was such a threat, why did the Obama administration sell uranium to them? Why did Obama tell Mitt Romney in the 2012 debate, that Russia was no longer a threat?

There are many ongoing investigations and some of them deal with what the Obama administration was doing during the 2016 race. Apparently foreign intelligence operatives from some of our very close allies were working on behalf of the Obama administration, to entrap the Trump campaign in scandalous dealings. Many believe that when this information is hashed out that it will make Watergate during Nixon look like childs play.

Republicans are taking their party back and it started in the 2010 midterms. Both parties are plagued with good for nothing politicians working for themselves and not their constituents. Democrats will have a major shakeup as well in the near future.
Post #744120 5th Dec 2018 3:59am
Lateralus

United States 
custom90steve wrote:
Lateralus - I like Trump very much and I can assure you there are many members on here that do also but often refrain from such comments. (For a reason such as bickering and argument. Rolling Eyes )
Those who have so much negative to say about Trump are Euro supporters, nearly always and that is a fact.

Nearly all of those that go around groaning about him are like those idiots going around with a blue hat on in London and are

You have much the same over your side of the pond with a Mexico border affair etc.

If anything, it's our side letting it down by having a failiure of a PM to do what she is instructed to do.

You will always also find a few members on here that will continually make sarky comments to one another on politically based views alone even on a different subject.

I can think of two members here on off the top of my head as it is, one past, one present.

As has been mentioned, the US president does not concern us in a different country anyway so any comments are immaterial.

I shall not say any more on these matters, but let's just say both our countries have the same problems with the same type of people.
We need to protect our cultures and traditions.

Americans love the people of the UK and we Trump supporters are pulling for you to re establish your sovereignty and maintain your rich culture and identity. The pendulum may swing pretty far one way for awhile, but it always comes back.
Post #744121 5th Dec 2018 4:18am
Zed

On a slightly different note I was sad to see the passing of George HW Bush, a president who truly made a difference and was respected by most.

Also a few months back Senator John McCain. Different eras but both true gentlemen and war heroes who served their country and the Republican party proud.
Post #744222 5th Dec 2018 4:20pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Lateralus you boys need to push to go to mars like you did for the moon Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #744262 5th Dec 2018 8:44pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
The Indians have had a satellite orbiting Mars since 2014

Quote:

In 2014, it successfully placed a space vessel in orbit around Mars, making it the first nation in the world to do so in its first attempt.

taken from here

Brendan
Post #744288 5th Dec 2018 10:57pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
^^^ and we send them aid money as well..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

But that's a whole different matter
Post #744307 6th Dec 2018 7:31am
Zed

custom90steve wrote:

We need to protect our cultures and traditions.

My comments were regarding the President's standing over here politically. It's obvious May and co are just paying him lip service until he is replaced, looking likely in 2020. If his friend and former colleague Steve Bannon is to be believed he won't even make it to the end of first term. Obviously Trump's rhetoric finds favour with extremists over here but I don't believe that is replicated at ministerial/government level.

As to protecting " our cultures and traditions. ", the United Kingdom is obviously made up of different nations but I live in your neck of the woods and the only kind I see around here are Morris dancing, malingering, inbreeding and talking about the weather. I'm cool with the last but you can keep the others.
Post #744438 7th Dec 2018 7:28am
Lateralus

United States 
I am not aware of any western nation where inbreeding is accepted and not frowned upon. It is still popular in many middle eastern countries however where first cousin marriage makes up 30-50% of the population. A study about a decade ago in Great Britain found that 55% of married Pakistanis were related.

It's funny to me that politically left leaning people regardless of being in Europe or the United States, will bring up inbreeding as a put down on their political rivals, yet actively promote importing people from cultures that not only still inbreed, but kill homosexuals, perform female genital mutilation, oppress women etc. In the United States, the radical left has become so crazy that many of the feminists are endorsing the middle eastern practice of forcing women to cover up their faces and bodies. Pro sharia women are uniting with radical left feminists.

Also, theres nothing radical about a large community of people, building up their community, reaping its benefits for generations while improving and then wanting to protect that communities borders and culture. Our president openly embraces Amercas many different people and celebrates our diverse backgrounds but we refuse to let a political establishment flood our country with people they can exploit for labor and votes. Those are actions of war against the citizen.
Post #744529 7th Dec 2018 6:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>