↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Calling Stacie - Defender Alarm Overlay Kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Calling Stacie - Defender Alarm Overlay Kit
Stacie

I wonder if you could provide some information following on from the TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN - No.LTB00386/2011 02 June 2011 - Defender Alarm Overlay Kit.

I would like to know if this kit is still applicable to all 07MY onwards vehicles, or whether the kit was incorporated into the standard wiring loom.

If the latter, is it possible to state from what build date or VIN?

Additionally, is there a method of physically checking the vehicle to see which version of the wiring loom is fitted?
Post #686037 12th Feb 2018 1:16pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Just to tack onto the op question. I see the bulletin says there is a kit for 02 to 07 models too, do dealers fit this kit free of charge? I have an 04 MY and a15MY defender so wondered if both would need doing? Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #686044 12th Feb 2018 1:38pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
I hope stacie can add some more info - but i dont think your 2015my will need it, i was informed reliably the last couple of years were ok Mike
Post #686048 12th Feb 2018 1:48pm
nitram17

mse my truck is an early my2015 model built in oct 2014 and it doesnt have the fix stacy is being a little evasive
Post #687734 19th Feb 2018 10:31pm
nitram17

Re: Calling Stacie - Defender Alarm Overlay Kit
Supacat wrote:
Stacie

I wonder if you could provide some information following on from the TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN - No.LTB00386/2011 02 June 2011 - Defender Alarm Overlay Kit.

I would like to know if this kit is still applicable to all 07MY onwards vehicles, or whether the kit was incorporated into the standard wiring loom.

If the latter, is it possible to state from what build date or VIN?

Additionally, is there a method of physically checking the vehicle to see which version of the wiring loom is fitted?

Did you get an answer supercat i recently asked the same detailed question as you and after provuding my vin i got a simple answer that my my2015 model did not have the kit installed and i could pay for the fiix at local dealer....there was no information provided other than that as she ignored my other questions...

.....I dont know how you feel but if my truck had been pinched since 2011 I would be verry Censored off that landrover not only knew about a weakness (to have the alarm fuse on the same line as the hazzards and indicators is beyond stupid)but also developed a fix , but only deployed it when a owner asked for it ..any lawyers on here may like to comment?..but from a moral viewpoint LR are moribund imho. Evil or Very Mad

edit sorry supercat i thought you had pmd stacie..rather than this open question!......i suggest you pm her ,as i hope i am wrong!......but i dont think she will answer your request in any detailed mannor on an open forum.

Last edited by nitram17 on 19th Feb 2018 11:17pm. Edited 4 times in total
Post #687735 19th Feb 2018 10:46pm
nitram17

mk1collector wrote:
Just to tack onto the op question. I see the bulletin says there is a kit for 02 to 07 models too, do dealers fit this kit free of charge? I have an 04 MY and a15MY defender so wondered if both would need doing?

I am not sure about if you ask if the truck is under warranty ..but i asked about my 2015 model and i was informed they will fix it at cost!

Last edited by nitram17 on 19th Feb 2018 11:18pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #687736 19th Feb 2018 10:50pm
nitram17

mk1collector wrote:
Just to tack onto the op question. I see the bulletin says there is a kit for 02 to 07 models too, do dealers fit this kit free of charge? I have an 04 MY and a15MY defender so wondered if both would need doing?

I suggest that people pm Stacie with the same question about the alarm overlay fix .....the more she gets i guess the more weight will be given to a detailed response!
Post #687737 19th Feb 2018 11:00pm
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Post #687744 20th Feb 2018 4:32am
nitram17

I asked stacie at LR cr. Last week and my truck does not have the fix (Oct 14 my2015 model)so either I am Unlucky ,Stacie is wrong or the thread you mention is wrong...We need clarification so the more people who pm Stacie the higher liklehood we might get an answer.
Post #687760 20th Feb 2018 8:28am
Supacat

Eric - it is exactly that point I'm trying to get Customer Relations to confirm and my post came about from this thread:

[url] http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic59098-30.html [/url]

nitram17 - can you post in open forum your pm(s) and the official response(s) you have received - it can only help us all to share this information openly & to clarify I have yet to receive any answer to the initial query above.

Martin - has the method of interaction with Customer Relations changed since Stacie took over? I thought the purpose of the section was that the exchanges were in open forum and all could share the information being exchanged and it would become a searchable database for reference.

If it's now just a method of pm'ing and having private conversations it's benefit is greatly diluted. I appreciate that pm'ing may be appropriate when CR request personal information to progress particular issues but other than that shouldn't the exchanges all be in open forum?

I've pm'd Stacie the original query and will post any and all replies I get. I'm assuming that she does not drop in here regularly or may not get prompts that new threads have been opened but will get a message if pm'd.
Post #687761 20th Feb 2018 8:32am
nitram17

As requested Supercat hope i am not breaking any rules here?

11th Feb Initial e mail addressed to Amelia

HI Amelia is it possible if you could confirm if the workaround for the a10 alarm is appropriate for a 2015 defender and that the data sheet is also appropriate part number LLR031883 DATASHEET LBT00386 Best wishes Martin

13th Feb Stacie replied
Hi nitram17,

Could you please provide me with the VIN for your vehicle, once received I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Stacie

13th Feb my response
Hi Stacie
My vin is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have heard that this alarm overlay was a fix if the owner requests it deal.... but at some point in time it became a fix at point of manufacture . Can you confirm if i require this fix or has it been carried out at manufacture? It would be helpful if you could also provide a before and after point via a vin number if this indeed became a manufacturers fix .best wishes Martin

19th Feb stacies reply
Hi Martin,

Thank you for confirming your vehicle details.

I have had a look at our internal system and i can see that the technical bulletin LTB00386 would be applicable for your vehicle. From the system I can see that this has not been carried out to your vehicle and I would advise for you to contact your local approved Land Rover retailer should you wish for this to be carried out as they would be able to provide you with the relevant costings.

I would like to advise that Modifications and Technical bulletins are available to all of our retailers as the engineers at Jaguar Land Rover are aware of how to fix specific concerns. This means that an information sheet has been created and made available so they are able to carry out the correct level of repair to a vehicle. This is used as a guide and the required repair would not necessarily be covered by Jaguar Land Rover.
Thanks, Stacie

I agree with you about the openness supercat..but i think the pms are used because stacie and all the other lterations in her role tend to respond quicker to pms.....

Last edited by nitram17 on 20th Feb 2018 8:36pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #687883 20th Feb 2018 6:50pm
defender_uk

Scotland 
how do u pm them?

sorry for being a dullard....

found...I think.... 2020 First Ed 110.

replaced by 2021 250 110 Commercial

Defender_uk
Post #687902 20th Feb 2018 8:16pm
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Here is the thread where Stacie introduced herself as our new LR customer relations contact person. That was on Dec 15th. And that was as far as I can see in her profile, all posts, her one and only post.
Via below link to her introduction post you can easily send Stacie a PM. Bonne chance.
Eric
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic58517.html You never actually own a Defender. You merely look after it for the next generation.
http://youtu.be/yVRlSsJwD0o
https://youtu.be/vmPr3oTHndg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GtzTT9Pdl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqKPz28e6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ49Jce_n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsz_ilQYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8tMHiX9lSw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwjPuHIV7I
https://vimeo.com/201482507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSixqL0iyHw
Post #687935 20th Feb 2018 10:00pm
Supacat

Reply received this afternoon:

"Subject: Re: Calling Stacie - Defender Alarm Overlay Kit

Thank you for your reply.

I have taken the opportunity to liaise with the Land Rover technical team who have advised the below.

There were 2 technical bulletins released for the alarm system in the Defenders.

LTB00893 is for vehicles from 2007-2013 VIN 732615-446832 – This bulletin is available as we no longer supply the old type alarm system (10as) due to the supplier no longer producing this product. There is not a known concern with the unit however if a fault occurred with the original unit the later system can be fitted to a vehicle.

LTB00877v2 is for vehicles from 2014-2016 VIN 446832-490328 – This bulletin is available for concerns when the alarm system does not work but if the battery is disconnected and then re connected it works correctly again. If a module was due to fail in this way we would expect to see this early on after the vehicle has been manufactured.

You may also find the information below helpful.

1. As above the LTB is due to parts availability only and vehicles 2014 onward VIN 446832 have the later type module fitted.
2. Vehicles 2014 onwards were fitted with the later module as we could not get the earlier module.
3. There is no issue with the old type 10AS module.

Thanks, Stacie"

Any comments?

Last edited by Supacat on 21st Feb 2018 7:01pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #688076 21st Feb 2018 6:55pm
nitram17

nitram17 wrote:
As requested Supercat hope i am not breaking any rules here?

11th Feb Initial e mail addressed to Amelia

HI Amelia is it possible if you could confirm if the workaround for the a10 alarm is appropriate for a 2015 defender and that the data sheet is also appropriate part number LLR031883 DATASHEET LBT00386 Best wishes Martin

13th Feb Stacie replied
Hi nitram17,

Could you please provide me with the VIN for your vehicle, once received I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Stacie

13th Feb my response
Hi Stacie
My vin is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have heard that this alarm overlay was a fix if the owner requests it deal.... but at some point in time it became a fix at point of manufacture . Can you confirm if i require this fix or has it been carried out at manufacture? It would be helpful if you could also provide a before and after point via a vin number if this indeed became a manufacturers fix .best wishes Martin

19th Feb stacies reply
Hi Martin,

Thank you for confirming your vehicle details.

I have had a look at our internal system and i can see that the technical bulletin LTB00386 would be applicable for your vehicle. From the system I can see that this has not been carried out to your vehicle and I would advise for you to contact your local approved Land Rover retailer should you wish for this to be carried out as they would be able to provide you with the relevant costings.

I would like to advise that Modifications and Technical bulletins are available to all of our retailers as the engineers at Jaguar Land Rover are aware of how to fix specific concerns. This means that an information sheet has been created and made available so they are able to carry out the correct level of repair to a vehicle. This is used as a guide and the required repair would not necessarily be covered by Jaguar Land Rover.
Thanks, Stacie

I agree with you about the openness supercat..but i think the pms are used because stacie and all the other lterations in her role tend to respond quicker to pms.....

further communication
21/02/18
Hi Stacie yes I was disappointed with the response!l purchased my defender with the belief that it had a decent alarm and immobilizer.......only to find out that it is not really fit for .I now find out that (a couple of months after its warranty is finished)that the indicators share the same fuse as the alarm and the alarm fuse can be blown by shorting the wing indicators.To top it all LR knew about the problem with the alarm and even developed a fix for it as early as 2011 but tellingly failed to incorporate it into the manufacturing process.My biggest gripe is that LR are asking the customer to pay to install a fix to a substandard alarm system which in my case should have been fixed at manufacture once the problem was identified in2011.

Can you please answer the following questions...
1...Has the bulletin alarm fix been introduced to the manufacturing process ..if so what date and vin number
2....If the answer to above is no..why not? Basically are any defender owners covered post 2011 when LR identified the problem with the alarm.
3...Why do owners have to pay for a fix to a substandard product,a product without the fix that is not fit for purpose.

Please note ..this message will be posted on the open forum as a few owners are interested in the subject.

very prompt response!

reply from stacie 21/02/18
Hi Martin,

Thank you for your reply.

I have taken the opportunity to liaise with the Land Rover technical team who have advised the below.

There were 2 technical bulletins released for the alarm system in the Defenders.

LTB00893 is for vehicles from 2007-2013 VIN 732615-446832 – This bulletin is available as we no longer supply the old type alarm system (10as) due to the supplier no longer producing this product. There is not a known concern with the unit however if a fault occurred with the original unit the later system can be fitted to a vehicle.

LTB00877v2 is for vehicles from 2014-2016 VIN 446832-490328 – This bulletin is available for concerns when the alarm system does not work but if the battery is disconnected and then re connected it works correctly again. If a module was due to fail in this way we would expect to see this early on after the vehicle has been manufactured.

In answer to your questions I have listed the response from the technical team below.

1. The LTB is due to parts availability only and vehicles 2014 onward VIN 446832 have the later type module fitted.
2. Vehicles 2014 onwards were fitted with the later module as we could not get the earlier module.
3. There is no issue with the old type 10AS module.

Thanks, Stacie

I am a little confused with the reply Embarassed as if you look at the response she gave me I have had a look at our internal system and i can see that the technical bulletin LTB00386 would be applicable for your vehicle. From the system I can see that this has not been carried out to your vehicle and I would advise for you to contact your local approved Land Rover retailer should you wish for this to be carried out as they would be able to provide you with the relevant costings.[i][/i no mention of this in her last reply!

Last edited by nitram17 on 21st Feb 2018 7:20pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #688078 21st Feb 2018 7:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>