↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Paul McCartney.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Lightningtweeds

Scotland 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
I dont care for his or Bonios political views.
Post #669523 7th Dec 2017 11:55am
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Lateralus wrote:
I don't care for Paul's politics but the Beatles are one of the greatest, most talented bands to ever assemble. I discovered their music as a teenager in the 90's and still today, it's mind boggling to me how many great songs they made. Ill never witness a greater band in my lifetime most likely.

"Paul's Politics"?..I'm not aware of them,....is he a "leftie", do-gooder or whatever?...I wouldn't know what his political views are,...so could you tell me a bit about them.
Winston Churchill is one of my all time heroes, I'm a bit of a political "Dinosaur"!!
Pickles.
Post #669623 7th Dec 2017 9:08pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
Overrated time he gave up as we’re the Beatles imo
Post #669646 7th Dec 2017 10:36pm
Lightningtweeds

Post #669661 8th Dec 2017 1:01am
Lateralus

United States 
Pickles wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
I don't care for Paul's politics but the Beatles are one of the greatest, most talented bands to ever assemble. I discovered their music as a teenager in the 90's and still today, it's mind boggling to me how many great songs they made. Ill never witness a greater band in my lifetime most likely.

"Paul's Politics"?..I'm not aware of them,....is he a "leftie", do-gooder or whatever?...I wouldn't know what his political views are,...so could you tell me a bit about them.
Winston Churchill is one of my all time heroes, I'm a bit of a political "Dinosaur"!!
Pickles.

Yes I'd say he's a lefty. A typical "limousine liberal" that is out of touch with average people. In America we are sick of celebrities with politcal agendas and bullhorns.
Post #669664 8th Dec 2017 3:41am
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
And yet you elected one to the top job. Embarassed Whistle Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #669665 8th Dec 2017 5:18am
Lateralus

United States 
Lol, we did but Trump doesn't parrot the same views we are peppered with 24/7 from American media and entertainment. The entertainment industry is so politically biased that a group of right leaning actors formed a secret club so they could get together and talk about issues and not risk their careers.
Post #669666 8th Dec 2017 5:58am
Lightningtweeds

As for Bonio he burnt the Union Jack on stage in NY.
Post #669700 8th Dec 2017 10:00am
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
That's just being controversial for the sake of media exposure which is by turns done for marketing purposes. Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #669710 8th Dec 2017 11:23am
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
I had (and still have) no idea of PMcC’s politics and, quite honestly, I’m amazed that anybody should. Freddy Mercury’s sexuality, Ray Charles’ heroin addiction, Michael Jackson’s craziness, James Brown and Ike Turner’s views on feminism, Teddy Pendergrass’ female companion taken to hospital where it’s discovered she’s a man… who cares! Gary Glitter anyone?

They make music which we either enjoy or don’t.

And while I’m on a rant, don’t you just love people who accuse Elvis of “ripping off” black music and artists.

I wait until they’ve finished and then “agree” with them by saying yes, of course, a talentless plagiarist just like all those talentless black artists who had their hits written for them by Jews (Lieber and Stoller) or ripped off white musicians. You know, people like Otis Redding (“Satisfaction”), Al Green ("How Can You Mend A Broken Heart"), Tina Turner (Tony Joe White), Hendrix ("All Along The Watchtower"), Ray Charles’ country music, even Nina Simone making a hit of an Anthony Newley song (“Feelin’ Good”).

Back to the plot, although I don’t like Beatles music I appreciate their song-writing talent, and Bono and Geldof are miffed ‘cos they can only be canonised when they’re dead. No Comment!

Peter

Just thought of another "talentless" artist: didn't Stevie Wonder cover "We Can Work It Out"?
Post #669712 8th Dec 2017 11:29am
Merlin

United Kingdom 
He was good in the Quarymen, what ever happened to them?

Merlin
Post #669723 8th Dec 2017 12:48pm
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Birdy, you obviously know a lot about music. Can you answer something: It's long been my opinion that a lot of Stevie Wonder songs are 'racist' - but I only mean that in a pro-black way, not anti-white. If you listen to his lyrics, he bangs on about being black a lot.

Who cares what colour you are? A few months ago he knelt down during the US national anthem, and he also said American whites dislike Obama because he is black. I never say anything about being white, I wish the f*ck that black people would shut the f*ck up about being black. The slave trade was terrible, we get it, but there isn't anyone left alive who was responsible for it. ALL lives matter...well, there are some politicians I couldn't care less about even if I tried really hard to.

Rant over, good afternoon.

By the way, I know something about Paul McCartney that has never become public. I would guess that about 30 people or so know, maybe more now. Sorry to be cryptic, but it's odd knowing something that millions don't. Now left.
Post #669727 8th Dec 2017 1:06pm
MJN110

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 Landmark LE Montalcino Red
Well Picklles I bet you never expected to hear that so many of us do not like McCartney and the Beatles for a number of reasons.
Post #669728 8th Dec 2017 1:16pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
MJN,.probably not, but if I heard some song about 'giving it back to the Irish" etc, I wouldn't be impressed. Forgot to mention, I liked Maggie too!
But then, I'm probably a lot older than most of you guys, I mean Hank Marvin is my favorite guitarist of all time,....how many of you know who He is?!
Seriously though, regardless of his Politics, I think Paul deserves respect, He was a major part of the Beatles, and I also love the stuff He did with Wings.
Anyway, it was a ripper concert, 3 hours on stage, for a bloke of 75 is a good effort! He got rave reviews in Melbourne.
Wifey & I were thinking how good it would be to be someone like Paul, who loves his music, through which He has been able to live out, and most probably exceed, every dream that he ever had.
Pickles.
Post #669798 8th Dec 2017 9:43pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Hank marvin, as in the shadows? I'm only 41 so you don't have to be that old to know him. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #669809 8th Dec 2017 11:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>