SteveS8th Jan 2011 10:16pm

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Print this entire topic · 
TC

United Kingdom 
Patriot or Hannibal group buy
Evening all,

I am interested in a Patriot or Hannibal rack for my Double Cab. Is anyone else interested in either of these firms products?

If yes, I will make approaches for a suitable group purchase.
Post #51414 6th Jan 2011 6:30pm
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Well I would be interested in a hannibal rack for my USW some time this year.

As all ways if the price is right & if they paint it black for my Laughing Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #51425 6th Jan 2011 7:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TC

United Kingdom 
BigRuss wrote:
Well I would be interested in a hannibal rack for my USW some time this year.

As all ways if the price is right & if they paint it black for my Laughing

Will you sign up as a 'if the price is right' potential candidate then Russ?
Post #51427 6th Jan 2011 7:08pm
Defender SVX

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SVX Soft Top Santorini Black
Defo in for a Patriot Thumbs Up Formerly mao99999
16 Focus RS Nitrous Blue.
11 FFRR TDV8 Vouge SE Black Black.
08 DEFENDER SVX SOFT TOP (SUPERB)
08 DEFENDER 110 DCPU Stornoway grey (Overland Exploration Unit)
05 Fiesta ST 150 Van
04 Jaguar XKR 4.2 Supercharged V8
02 DEFENDER 90 TD5 (next years soft top project)
95 DEFENDER 110 CSW 300 TDi Phoenix black
95 DEFENDER 90 HT Monti Carlo blue COUNTY 300 TDi
67 109" SERIES 2a TUNED 200 TDI
64 DAVID BROWN 990 rat look
55 86" SERIES 1
Post #51432 6th Jan 2011 7:17pm
TC

United Kingdom 
mao99999 wrote:
Defo in for a Patriot Thumbs Up

Looks like we want identical spec as well (except spot mounts)
Post #51433 6th Jan 2011 7:25pm
smorland

United Kingdom 
depending on cost I would be interested in a patriot for a 110 dc
Post #51500 6th Jan 2011 11:07pm
TC

United Kingdom 
Ok Gents,

We obviously have interest. So far I have only made personal enquiries, I will make some calls early next week to establish if there is indeed a group buy opportunity and report back. If you are reading this and are interested, please don't wait for me to report back, go ahead and vote your interest at the top of the thread as obviously the more sales opportunities I am able to offer up the more likely there will be a bigger benefit for all.

Russ, you defo want a Hannibal? I know they retail for £1K + VAT so are cheaper than Patriot. Is the cost your main motivation?
Post #51503 6th Jan 2011 11:19pm
lrmaniac

Portugal 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
I am! (black powder coated)

But I live 2500km away from you guys ! Big Cry

If you can get a good price drop, then maybe I could afford the shipping costs ... Neutral Regards
Joao

'10 Land Rover Defender 110 CC
'08 BMW F800GS
'64 SIIA Forward Control
'69 SIIA 109 ZA CKD
Post #51504 6th Jan 2011 11:51pm
BigRuss

TC wrote:
Ok Gents,

We obviously have interest. So far I have only made personal enquiries, I will make some calls early next week to establish if there is indeed a group buy opportunity and report back. If you are reading this and are interested, please don't wait for me to report back, go ahead and vote your interest at the top of the thread as obviously the more sales opportunities I am able to offer up the more likely there will be a bigger benefit for all.

Russ, you defo want a Hannibal? I know they retail for £1K + VAT so are cheaper than Patriot. Is the cost your main motivation?

No the Hannibal racks are lighter than the patriot and the less weight up top the better. If the patriots were lighter then no problem. Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #51510 7th Jan 2011 8:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Defender SVX

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SVX Soft Top Santorini Black
BigRuss wrote:
TC wrote:
Ok Gents,

No the Hannibal racks are lighter than the patriot and the less weight up top the better. If the patriots were lighter then no problem.

The Hannibal IMO is not as well made as the patriot I considered either until I had a really good look at them at Peterboro.

On the patriot website they are doing a modification to repair cracked Hannibal racks Rolling with laughter Formerly mao99999
16 Focus RS Nitrous Blue.
11 FFRR TDV8 Vouge SE Black Black.
08 DEFENDER SVX SOFT TOP (SUPERB)
08 DEFENDER 110 DCPU Stornoway grey (Overland Exploration Unit)
05 Fiesta ST 150 Van
04 Jaguar XKR 4.2 Supercharged V8
02 DEFENDER 90 TD5 (next years soft top project)
95 DEFENDER 110 CSW 300 TDi Phoenix black
95 DEFENDER 90 HT Monti Carlo blue COUNTY 300 TDi
67 109" SERIES 2a TUNED 200 TDI
64 DAVID BROWN 990 rat look
55 86" SERIES 1
Post #51513 7th Jan 2011 8:57am
BBSJK

England 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Atlantis Blue
I'd be interested in a Patriot rack and ladder, powdercoated black. It's on the list of mods to do but not near the top so I might not be able to justify the funds. However if it is a good price then I'd be silly to miss it!

Anyone know how the spare wheel mount fits to the rack?

Jonathan No the other left . . .
Post #51530 7th Jan 2011 10:56am
TC

United Kingdom 
BigRuss wrote:
TC wrote:
Ok Gents,

No the Hannibal racks are lighter than the patriot and the less weight up top the better. If the patriots were lighter then no problem.

Do you know the exact weight difference? I know they are heavier, but by how much?
Post #51573 7th Jan 2011 2:43pm
BigRuss

Well I couldn#t find the weight of a patriot roof rack but according to first four offroad the hannibal only weighs 40Kg.

Just looking at the list prices from patriots website a 110 rack is £1000 + £200 for powder coating.

While having a look around on the price list I saw that they did a ladder for DC defender which also carries the weight of the back of the rack. Now I know what ever rack I have will be supported the length of the gutter either side of the vehicle, but what about using the DC supporting type ladders at the back as a way of transfering the weight of the rack and load to the chassie. Question Question

I think the best person to ask about the weight of a patriot rack would be Leeds. Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #51578 7th Jan 2011 3:01pm
TC

United Kingdom 
BigRuss wrote:
Well I couldn#t find the weight of a patriot roof rack but according to first four offroad the hannibal only weighs 40Kg.

Just looking at the list prices from patriots website a 110 rack is £1000 + £200 for powder coating.

While having a look around on the price list I saw that they did a ladder for DC defender which also carries the weight of the back of the rack. Now I know what ever rack I have will be supported the length of the gutter either side of the vehicle, but what about using the DC supporting type ladders at the back as a way of transfering the weight of the rack and load to the chassie. Question Question

I think the best person to ask about the weight of a patriot rack would be Leeds.

Good point, he will be about later no doubt.

Both Hannibal and Patriot do DC versions using the same principal, main difference appears to be the Hannibal ladders are rack to tub whereas Patriot are rack to chasis; a better proposition for load distribution I would have thought.

I don't intend on loading the roof up massively but there will be some weight up there, RTT, Awning, wheel and possibly jerry cans. I like the idea of buying British and when you read what people say, heavy but bombproof (like me) and also the fact I haven't come across a single person that regretted buying one even considering the cost......

I also don't like buying things twice.

Let's see what Leeds has to say

Group purchase wise, everyone interested so far has shouted for Patriot. I will though contact Firstfour and Nene overland to see if a double purchase would drive a discount, I am still after all not firmly decided yet
Post #51585 7th Jan 2011 3:40pm
TACK

BigRuss wrote:

I think the best person to ask about the weight of a patriot rack would be Leeds.

I have a 2.8 Patriot for my 110, with the legs fitted, no rails, no extra fittings or ladder it weighs 52kg. How do I know this........because I just weighed it in the garden especially for you Bow down

I thought it would be more than that, if is F**king heavy. If I was buying again I think I would go Hannibal. Whistle

See her also http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic2848.html?highlight=patriot
Post #51652 7th Jan 2011 10:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>