BigRuss6th Jan 2011 9:17pm
SteveS8th Jan 2011 10:16pm

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
BigRuss wrote:

Just looking at the list prices from patriots website a 110 rack is £1000 + £200 for powder coating.

While having a look around on the price list I saw that they did a ladder for DC defender which also carries the weight of the back of the rack. Now I know what ever rack I have will be supported the length of the gutter either side of the vehicle, but what about using the DC supporting type ladders at the back as a way of transfering the weight of the rack and load to the chassie. Question Question

I think the best person to ask about the weight of a patriot rack would be Leeds.

If i am reading the above post right ??

The Patriot rack for the DC, needs 2 rear ladders, to support the rear of the rack, But if fitted onto a 110 SW, you can only fit the l/h rear ladder, as the right hand one fouls the rear door mounted spare wheel on the SW

My Patriot rack, was also a DC one, i bought 6/7 years ago, and now done a fair bit of work, but still going strong California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #52114 9th Jan 2011 11:19pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
TJ I think you are right.

The standard 110 rack has two leg assemblies/4 clamps per side. LH access ladder is optional extra

IIRC the DC one has one leg assembly and two claps per side for the roof and two ladders at rear.

I would guess that if you bought the extra ladders you could make a standard 110 rack fit a DC etc.

RH ladder on DC rack would most likely fail on spare wheel

Hope that makes sense

Brendan
Post #52122 9th Jan 2011 11:33pm
discocuzzy

England 
I had to buy 2 additional cross bars for the double cab version to fit and Paul at Patriot kindly swapped my 2 double cab ladders for a single CSW left hand side one FOC You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #52141 10th Jan 2011 1:59am
TJ101

Yep,, correct Brenden,,

My 04 DC i bought the Patriot rack for, with the twin rear ladders (somewhere in Spain 7 years ago )

Click image to enlarge

Same rack fitted to the 09 Puma, I fitted a alloy plate to replace the r.h ladder at the rear,,have since done the same as discocuzzy and fitted another crossbar as well

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Post #52146 10th Jan 2011 8:57am
leeds

United Kingdom 
Interesting chequer plate box on top of your rack TJ. 2mm or 3mm chequer plate? Home made or custom made for you? How much does it weigh?

Come across some ali boxes in Scandinavia on our travels. You can see it in bottom right hand corner of photo

Click image to enlarge

Lightweight with dust and rubber seal. Standing up well so far

Also have had ex army ali boxes. One cracked on the corner of the deep lid.

Don't you just love the way threads can wander?

Brendan

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #52158 10th Jan 2011 10:16am
TJ101

leeds wrote:
Interesting chequer plate box on top of your rack TJ. 2mm or 3mm chequer plate? Home made or custom made for you? How much does it weigh?

Brendan

Custom made to whatever size you want,,mine is just the bit lower than the roof tent
Sonic put me onto the supplier ?? will go and check who it was, he was on e-bay, their is a topic on here about them somewhere, but works and made well, Would need to weight it, as can not remember California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Post #52165 10th Jan 2011 11:27am
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
TJ101 wrote:
BigRuss wrote:

Just looking at the list prices from patriots website a 110 rack is £1000 + £200 for powder coating.

While having a look around on the price list I saw that they did a ladder for DC defender which also carries the weight of the back of the rack. Now I know what ever rack I have will be supported the length of the gutter either side of the vehicle, but what about using the DC supporting type ladders at the back as a way of transfering the weight of the rack and load to the chassie. Question Question

I think the best person to ask about the weight of a patriot rack would be Leeds.

If i am reading the above post right ??

The Patriot rack for the DC, needs 2 rear ladders, to support the rear of the rack, But if fitted onto a 110 SW, you can only fit the l/h rear ladder, as the right hand one fouls the rear door mounted spare wheel on the SW

My Patriot rack, was also a DC one, i bought 6/7 years ago, and now done a fair bit of work, but still going strong

I see what you mean about the second ladder but the principle of having supports (custom made) so there is one either side of the vehicle transferring the weight to the chassie was the idea, just used the second ladder as an example. Thumbs Up Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #52177 10th Jan 2011 12:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BigRuss

TJ101 wrote:
leeds wrote:

Brendan

Custom made to whatever size you want,,mine is just the bit lower than the roof tent
Sonic put me onto the supplier ?? will go and check who it was, he was on e-bay, their is a topic on here about them somewhere, but works and made well, Would need to weight it, as can not remember

Is this who you mean?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aluminium-alloy-stor...4aa7b16807 Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #52227 10th Jan 2011 6:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TC

United Kingdom 
Patriot Offer
Evening all,

I was over Bedford way today so dropped into Patriot for a look around and a chat. Top line, they are keen to do business.

The offer:

Orders for 4 or less members will attract a group discount of 10% off anything ordered
Orders for 5 or above members will attract a group discount of 15% off anything ordered

Key points to note:

- Any order picked up from them direct as part of the group buy (in lieu of free delivery) will be eligible for free fitting
- Discounts are not available against powder coating as they outsource the work to a 3rd party.
- The discount is offered against retail prices however the currently available price list is at the old VAT rate of 17.5%, you will need to add on the 2.5% VAT increase manually to calculate the current retail.
- The discount is based upon all valid orderes being made within a reasonably short time span - we will need to coordinate and purchase within 2 or so weeks of each other.

Carl at Patriot will handle order placement direct once we have gotten to the point of commitment.

Any questions, give me a shout.

Thumbs Up

Last edited by TC on 10th Jan 2011 8:52pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #52228 10th Jan 2011 6:42pm
TC

United Kingdom 
Given that two of you have shown interest in Hannibal, on Wednesday I will contact a couple of suppliers and get a feel for any deals to be had.

Cheers

Steve
Post #52230 10th Jan 2011 6:44pm
BigRuss

Seems very reasonable to me.

Just to clarify, the racks (other than DC ones) do not come with ladder correct? Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #52233 10th Jan 2011 6:51pm
TC

United Kingdom 
BigRuss wrote:
Seems very reasonable to me.

Just to clarify, the racks (other than DC ones) do not come with ladder correct?

Correct Russ.
Post #52236 10th Jan 2011 7:07pm
TC

United Kingdom 
Having seen the kit first hand, I can certainly see where the money goes. The fit and finish are exceptional......you would know exactly where your money had gone.

I can though see the arguments people have with weight, if they genuinely are 13 / 15kg's heavier than the Hannibal equivalent then you have a tough decision to make.

The price I suspect will be very similar come the end.......its a construction versus weight debate again I think.

At 10 / 15% off though, unless we can get Hannibal at 20% Shocked , I know where I want to put my money Thumbs Up
Post #52237 10th Jan 2011 7:13pm
TC

United Kingdom 
BBSJK wrote:
I'd be interested in a Patriot rack and ladder, powdercoated black. It's on the list of mods to do but not near the top so I might not be able to justify the funds. However if it is a good price then I'd be silly to miss it!

Anyone know how the spare wheel mount fits to the rack?

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, here you go:

http://www.racksdirect.co.uk/Defender_Patriot.htm

and:

http://www.racksdirect.co.uk/images/patrio...ose-up.jpg

and:

http://www.racksdirect.co.uk/images/patriot/spare_wheel_mount.jpg
Post #52268 10th Jan 2011 8:49pm
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
How about this for an option to hold up a patriot rack Whistle could be persuaded to part with it....

Click image to enlarge
Post #52272 10th Jan 2011 9:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>