↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Best headlights? Brightest?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Lorryman100

I dug the ones I got out of the back of the defender (still to decide if I am fitting them) and they do not come in LR packaging, unless a padded envelope with BoB tape is official LR packaging? I searched everywhere in the house for a magnet, so I could confirm that they were not just mild steel coated in chrome. Then realised the inspection torch in the defender had a magnetic base Embarassed I can confirm they are not mild steel coated as the magnet didn't stick. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Brian.
Post #112499 5th Jan 2012 5:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
J W Speaker 8700s.
Taken from a different thread....

Killer90 wrote:
any pics of the new headlights they look great i bet they do on grey aswell Thumbs Up

After a few teething problems thankfully ironed out by Tim from Mobilecentre (thanks for going the extra mile! Thumbs Up ) I have finally last week got round to fitting my J W Speakers. Whilst the cost is naturally quite prohibitive the cost has come down quite considerably since they were first available to the UK market, my previous headlights were totally useless in comparison. The light emitted is even noticable in broad daylight. I also got a pair of stainless retaining rings and as the OEM ones they are a very tight fit......

Couple of photos as requested Killer...

Click image to enlarge

Dipped beam....Rest of lights now on 'wishlist' to be converted to LED....J W Speaker naturally having seen them first hand at Tim's stand yesterday at B & W show....

Click image to enlarge
 If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #151608 24th Jun 2012 11:36am
custom90

United Kingdom 
That's a looker now Mal! Cool Is the Safari snorkel always been on there or is it relatively new? Thumbs Up Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #151611 24th Jun 2012 12:03pm
K9F

Kona,

I fitted it...must be three years ago now... Thumbs Up

Could always consider "I'vegotagreypairofsocks90' still better than 'Custom90steve' don't ya think? Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #151612 24th Jun 2012 12:10pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
For some reason I thought it was new. Not sure where I got that from Confused I should get one some time but then wants and needs Whistle Then again I don't think hardly any Pumas get used to a Snorkels capactiy i.e. over the bonnet Shocked Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #151613 24th Jun 2012 12:26pm
K9F

Mine doesn't even go offroad. Not ashamed to admit it the snorkel is for styling not functionality. Cool If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #151619 24th Jun 2012 2:05pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
K9F wrote:
Mine doesn't even go offroad. Not ashamed to admit it the snorkel is for styling not functionality. Cool

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with it and I would too. Mine does the occasional green lane Byway but no off roading as such like going through 2 3 ft deep bombholes and water filled bogs Laughing So I too wouldn't need one. Best advantage I can see other than the real use is the cleaner lower dust quantity air drawn in from higher up than at the side. Around here with a lot of single track lanes in the summer a lot of dust gets kicked up on both side by the vegetation when driving past and seeing as the vent is right next to it it can't be a good thing. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #151620 24th Jun 2012 2:23pm
K9F

Off Topic The only thing is with a performance exhaust/air filter etc. with a snorkel you lose the sweet 'intake growl' you get without one. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #151621 24th Jun 2012 2:25pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
K9F wrote:
Off Topic The only thing is with a performance exhaust/air filter etc. with a snorkel you lose the sweet 'intake growl' you get without one.

I remember you mentioning that before. Anyway best not go on being off topic Thumbs Up Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #151623 24th Jun 2012 2:39pm
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Yep...had a good nchat with Tim, Ada and Ian today. Led kit ordered and a happy customer.

Love the JW 110. must finish sound deadening the 110.
Post #151625 24th Jun 2012 3:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123