↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > JAGUAR forums are buzzing with angry EV owners
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
^^^ the linked CNN article is written by someone with a deep loathing of car enthusiasts, a very large chip on his shoulder and overly elevated sense of self worth. Rolling Eyes

All my (3) cars have a manual gearbox, manual hand brake, no lane keep assist, no automated braking, no "connected data streaming", no built in sat nav, no automated parking. Only one has the damned annoying ESS stop/start, that gets switched off immediately after starting.

But then again, I'm from a generation that does things for myself, because I can. I'm not the type of person that blindly believes I don't have to do anything because someone of superior knowledge has written a computer program to take care of all that.

I bet he calls an electrician every time his LED energy saving light bulbs needs changing... Rolling with laughter
Post #1029679 28th Mar 2024 10:25pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking the same thing, these are the people who will tip windscreen washer “water” in the engine oil hole and then go “oh no” it won’t start or run properly, better call the recovery company, oh wait I or the wife didn't set up that policy either then call their boss as to why they can’t get to work that day. Laughing Whistle

Then there are the ones who will pay for windscreen wiper replacement.

And the rate at which the road surfaces are degrading, we will all need an off road vehicle to use the roads anyway with the potholes around.
I’ve lost count the amount of big potholes that I’ve gone through where you’d think, if it was a small car that would do serious damage. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #1029682 28th Mar 2024 10:37pm
spudfan

Ireland 
The supply chain issue has me thinking (a rare event I know). If the supply chain works to get your new expensive car made and works to get it delivered to you, why does it not work to get you a part for your car.
BRITPART must surely see an opportunity here.... Whistle 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #1029683 28th Mar 2024 10:43pm
Ianb

United Kingdom 
That CNN article typifies a lot of the self professing "positive changers" that I have encountered in my life - Generally extremely ugly and judgemental views of what other people find attractive.

If anyone on here wants an EV or a Tesla or whatnot, go for it, I don't like the idea of it all myself, but if it brings you joy to have it, I am not the judge of your enjoyment. Likewise if you like a manual gearbox etc, who the heck should be allowed to judge you for that?

I've know people with steam engines for crying out loud!! Why not get some second hand pleasure from their excitement over things?

Then again, an article that provokes a reaction, either positive or negative, has probably achieved what it set out to do... The Yeti - 110 Camper https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic90308.html
https://www.youtube.com/@YetitheDefender
Post #1029686 28th Mar 2024 11:08pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
spudfan wrote:
The supply chain issue has me thinking (a rare event I know). If the supply chain works to get your new expensive car made and works to get it delivered to you, why does it not work to get you a part for your car.
BRITPART must surely see an opportunity here.... Whistle

This reminds me when my brother needed some parts for his P38 that he has owned for donkeys years now, it was easier to buy another then cannibalise it for spares.

Perhaps JLR will start to do BOGOF deals as sales have dive bombed to help clear stock Whistle
Post #1029705 29th Mar 2024 9:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12