↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > A day in the life of Miffy the 110...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 59 of 60 <123 ... 585960>
Print this entire topic · 
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
geobloke wrote:
Just have to say Clay that it was wonderful to take her for a good spin down the road this morning. I suspect the poor ol Nottinghamshire commuters fear for their lives now Miffy is resident on their roads Rolling with laughter

But how will Miffy cope with the relative flatness?
Post #1028630 19th Mar 2024 1:35pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Speed and Power Screbble... Speed and Power Twisted Evil Get out of my way little people get out of my way... Mr. Green

Sad to put Wales in my rear view but it is actually pretty hilly around this part and so so muddy. Goodness the summer cannot come quickly enough.
Post #1028637 19th Mar 2024 2:37pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Is there anything finer than a Defender with a big ol trailer on the hitch?? Mr. Green

In this case a 19ft tri-axle Ifor Williams trailer. Heavy ol beast but towed like a dream.

Click image to enlarge
Post #1029206 25th Mar 2024 10:46am
donmacn

geobloke wrote:
And... I remembered to advise the MOT tester of the ATB diffs as well Thumbs Up

Hi Geobloke, I’ve not done too much on the forum of late - “scunnered” myself getting two cars ready for a Pyrenees/France trip last August/Sept and have barely had the motivation to pick up a spanner ever since! Lots to post once I get my mojo back.

Good to see that Miffy is still doing much more than ‘hanging in there’. I agree completely that these cars just keep on getting on with it.

I was gifted a set of seat covers for the ones you have. Don’t fit my seats as I do have the ‘fleather’ ones, but heated and with nice canvas covers. You’re welcome to the covers FOC if you want, even as a temporary measure.

But…. the quote above… why is this an issue? I don’t think I’ve heard this mentioned before. If they brake test using a deccelerometer (spelling?) then how do the diffs influence that? I ask as I have them in axles and TBox and have never thought to speak to the tester about them….? Donald

1994 Defender 300Tdi 110 SW - owned since 2002 - 230k miles and going strong
(The 'rolling restoration' or tinkering thread: http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic58538.html )
2000 Range Rover P38 4.0L V8

in the past..
RR classic - fitted with 200Tdi
1984 RR classic - V8 with ZF auto box
1993 Discovery 300Tdi

not to mention the minis and the Type 2 VW camper...
Post #1029212 25th Mar 2024 11:06am
excossack

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
My tester uses a deccelerometer as well (due to being 4x4) I think the theory goes with having ATB if one roller stops then the defender might try and escape the rollers? 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Econet Station 48 no clock
Post #1029213 25th Mar 2024 11:22am
Screbble

geobloke wrote:
Is there anything finer than a Defender with a big ol trailer on the hitch?? Mr. Green

In this case a 19ft tri-axle Ifor Williams trailer. Heavy ol beast but towed like a dream.

Click image to enlarge

👍👍

Looks like you’ve found yourself another lovely spot.

Suits Miffy 👍
Post #1029215 25th Mar 2024 11:26am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
excossack wrote:
My tester uses a deccelerometer as well (due to being 4x4) I think the theory goes with having ATB if one roller stops then the defender might try and escape the rollers?

Precisely Thumbs Up Plus there is the rumour that the damage may occur if the MOT uses the rollers, but I am not sure if that is true or not .

Ashcroft say: Note : Due to the nature of the Torque Biasing diff we do not recommend the vehicle is brake tested on rollers, ask for a decelerometer to be used instead.

But not why?!
Post #1029243 25th Mar 2024 2:31pm
donmacn

Thanks guys, that's what I imagined (an issue with rollers) but I thought that was a more general thing anyway rather than specific to ATBs. Not really a worry on my part anyway - the MOT station I use now is attached to a LR independent and the tester has grown up around Defenders! Donald

1994 Defender 300Tdi 110 SW - owned since 2002 - 230k miles and going strong
(The 'rolling restoration' or tinkering thread: http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic58538.html )
2000 Range Rover P38 4.0L V8

in the past..
RR classic - fitted with 200Tdi
1984 RR classic - V8 with ZF auto box
1993 Discovery 300Tdi

not to mention the minis and the Type 2 VW camper...
Post #1029244 25th Mar 2024 2:36pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
donmacn wrote:
geobloke wrote:
And... I remembered to advise the MOT tester of the ATB diffs as well Thumbs Up

Hi Geobloke, I’ve not done too much on the forum of late - “scunnered” myself getting two cars ready for a Pyrenees/France trip last August/Sept and have barely had the motivation to pick up a spanner ever since! Lots to post once I get my mojo back.

Good to see that Miffy is still doing much more than ‘hanging in there’. I agree completely that these cars just keep on getting on with it.

I was gifted a set of seat covers for the ones you have. Don’t fit my seats as I do have the ‘fleather’ ones, but heated and with nice canvas covers. You’re welcome to the covers FOC if you want, even as a temporary measure.

But…. the quote above… why is this an issue? I don’t think I’ve heard this mentioned before. If they brake test using a deccelerometer (spelling?) then how do the diffs influence that? I ask as I have them in axles and TBox and have never thought to speak to the tester about them….?

To the Pyrenees eh? I am completely envious of you, such a beautiful place to tour around. Cannot believe it has almost been 10 years since I last was there. Amazing how time flies. But two vehicles to prep... You do like to challenge yourself don't you Rolling with laughter Just don't do what I did and remember your jack...

Oh yeah Miffy one of those that will keep trundling on with periods of effort to raise her up again. To be honest she's in excellent form at the moment, with the exception of the paintwork, that is very tired and she will need a respray. Hey-ho, she deserves it.

FOC Shocked Thumbs Up
Post #1029245 25th Mar 2024 2:39pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Screbble wrote:

👍👍

Looks like you’ve found yourself another lovely spot.

Suits Miffy 👍

I cannot complain. I think I have found myself in one of those rare oasis' that are close enough to everything but far enough away from anything as well. The troops of trail bikes and quads that frequent the bridleway at the weekend though are a pain. Had 25-30 of them in one long troop tear up the fields and woodland yesterday. I expect the estate will be restricting access with gates shortly.
Post #1029246 25th Mar 2024 2:42pm
excossack

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Post #1029248 25th Mar 2024 2:49pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Yeah I know, these guys and gals are fully illegal with no helmets, tax or number plates. The Police have said they will not give chase as because the bikers do not have protective clothing the chase would be dangerous for the illegals. I can understand the sentiment in this litigious age, but for goodness sake they made that choice Rolling with laughter
Post #1029250 25th Mar 2024 2:58pm
excossack

Yea... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Post #1029253 25th Mar 2024 3:34pm
Screbble

Hear! Hear!
Post #1029255 25th Mar 2024 3:42pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
excossack wrote:
Yea... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If only, unfortunately they seem to live charmed lives and there is very little anyone can do about it or are willing to do about it.

Last weekend as well as the troop of standard bikes there was a pair of electric trail bikes that came by and those things are just lethal, so incredibly fast and utterly silent. Before you know it you'd be tangled up in it and I dread to think what horses (this is a very active bridleway) will think of them. Accident waiting to happen I think.

If the estate and police wanted to install a camera outside my house I would be OK with that I think. Shocked
Post #1029446 27th Mar 2024 8:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 59 of 60 <123 ... 585960>