↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Key Fob Not Working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Miran

Slovenia 
I have the same problem. Not regularly, every couple of weeks or something. Car is parked on same spot. No power lines in vicinity.
Changed the remote battery, it didn't help. Contacted the dealer - no definite answer or advice. Followed the advice from somewhere on the net and repeatedly locked and unlocked the car with remote. Same stuff. I (unwillingly) became used to it.
Thank you ODPA, I' try also your advice.
By the way: what is "KVM"?
Miran L663 200 S 3,0
Post #1009146 27th Sep 2023 5:40pm
ODPA

United States 
Keyless vehicle module. The brains of the keyless system. Good luck and I hope this does not become an every now and then issue but I guess if it does I know how to fix it.
Post #1009166 27th Sep 2023 7:10pm
Lockley

United Kingdom 
pacatx wrote:
ODPA wrote:
After a bunch of searching around on the web I found someone reporting the same issue. The fact that both key fobs stopped working at the same time but could still be used in the emergency way by placing them under the steering column suggested there was an issue with the keyless vehicle module KVM. The info I found made it clear that it most likely was either a short in the wiring for the KVM or a fuse. Either way that is why there is the back up starting system so the vehicle would not be unable to be started. So thank you JLR for having the backup system.

With this info in hand I went to the manual and looked at the info on the three fuse boxes and found there are two fuses in the right rear fuse panel for the KVM. One 20 amp and one 5 amp. The 20 looked fine. The 5 looked fine too however maybe slightly out of shape? Honestly I thought it looked ok and did not have an obvious gap like most fuses do when they are blown. I changed the 5 amp anyway as it did look just a little out of normal as I said and guess what. It is fixed. Not sure why the fuse went but it did now just going I don’t continue to have issues. Maybe this thread will help someone else down the road. Thank you to everyone giving suggestions as well.

Well done, and thanks for sharing this, glad you got it going again

Thanks ODPA.

I had the same problem today. Thanks to your guidance I checked the fuses. They both looked okay, but I changed the five amp one anyway, and it all came back to life. However, when switching the old five amp back in again, it has remained working. It seems like removing and replacing the fuse is somehow resetting the KVM. Simply clearing the faults on the Gap tool did not do the trick. L663 D300 SE MY22.
Post #1017731 7th Dec 2023 7:36pm
ODPA

United States 
Glad my experience helped someone else. Interesting the fuse was fine. I had
Wondered if that was the case as you described but had not taken the time to test further. Great additional info.
Post #1017756 8th Dec 2023 7:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12