↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Do you like the DC100?
Do you like the DC100 concept?
Yes
29%
 29%  [53]
No
70%
 70%  [128]
Total Votes: 181

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
Setok

Finland 
Landyrob wrote:
i just wonder if they can re-build a Landy that comes close to the defender design, i doubt it, otherwise they would not have to change it.

Yet Jeep somehow manages to do it?
Post #87337 3rd Sep 2011 1:53am
double cab happy

England 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Java Black
as most have said, the front end is the real problem for me, i can't believe that a company that can create such compicated vehicals as the disco 4 or range rover, couldn't re-engineer the defender to make it cheeper to build an pass the american laws, as a previous poster said, jeep keep that piece of c**p in production and it still has some of its family looks,

i mean, how hard would it be to get a monocock shell to follow the same lines as the bulk head and roof line of the defender, then stretch it at the back to fit the new longer platforms and give the back seat passengers some room, if the body had to be wider give use a little more elbow room, or if they could keep the same widht then all the better,

main thing keep the controls inside driver selectable.
Post #87352 3rd Sep 2011 7:26am
NinetyTD4

Wales 2012 Defender 90 Other SW Keswick Green
Re: Do you like the DC100?
No Never forget: cars have owner, Landrover have field service personnel.
Post #88435 10th Sep 2011 5:12pm
dilukabey

2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Keswick Green
Can you called it a defender? there is no hardy tough rugged look at all! Just another show piece... oh dear.... Shame on Land rover!
Post #88478 11th Sep 2011 8:05am
Nidge

Ireland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Cairns Blue
Hate it,

Cant believe 26% on here voted for it....

Land rover your way off. We don't want it...... let all the trendy types who live in urban jungles buy the nissan Juke....they dont need a land rover Rolling with laughter

" Simplicity is beauty in itself "...... long live the Defender as we know it ... Thumbs Up

N.
Post #88490 11th Sep 2011 10:13am
Nidge

Ireland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Cairns Blue
Hate it,

Cant believe 26% on here voted for it....

Land rover your way off. We don't want it...... let all the trendy types who live in urban jungles buy the nissan Juke....they dont need a land rover Rolling with laughter

" Simplicity is beauty in itself "...... long live the Defender as we know it ... Thumbs Up

N.
Post #88491 11th Sep 2011 10:14am
rossy

Ireland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
not fussed about it either way really. If anything it will make the current Defender even more unique and desirable as the last of a long line. Which is great but mines not for sale. Ever !
Post #88561 11th Sep 2011 5:32pm
warren

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
As it's own model it would be alright. But as a Defender replacement, nah.

I always thought the Defender replacement would be something along the lines of when the the 90 and the 110 replaced the Series 3. Very different, yet, the same.

Don't think it's going to happen though. Sad
Post #88738 12th Sep 2011 7:33pm
twopoint6khz

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Java Black
It's being 'unveiled' tomorrow morning. Given how negative the feedback has been (not just on here, pretty much the whole motoring press is fairly lukewarm about it), I was half expecting them to pull it and go back to the drawing board... we'll see.

Maybe those first two promo shots were actually just a cracking wind-up Laughing
Post #88742 12th Sep 2011 7:53pm
philmorgan62

Wales 1989 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Epsom Green
dont like it. It looks like a cross between a disco and a freelander. Cant see a farmer driving one of these around the fields As someone said in a few mags.Have Jlr lost the plot or gone mad. Will there be pickups vans etc etc, will there be places for add ons like pto drives pumps etc.Looking at it might just as well bye a disco Big Cry
I think it is a bad day for the defender.
Post #94454 16th Oct 2011 12:34am
Sith

Australia 
it has just re enforced my opinion that once my 1997 300tdi gets old .. new motor , new gear box , diffs rebuilt , transfer rebuild .. new seats some panel and paint and good for another 25 years ..... no electrics .... and for under $20k its a new car still with all the modification I need and want .

I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to hand out my hard earnt money for a plastic electronic not off road/expedition friendly pile o poo .

The g4 will have to have such an entourage of support vehicles for it Rolling Eyes Knickers , not the best thing in the world ... but right next to the best thing in the world
Post #94458 16th Oct 2011 2:56am
MacDefender

Brazil 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
Simply a more expensive Kia Soul....nothing else.... Big Cry
Post #94706 17th Oct 2011 2:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
warren

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
MacDefender wrote:
Simply a more expensive Kia Soul....nothing else.... Big Cry

I was actually willing to give even the Kia Soul a chance a while back, until I realised depending on how you say it it sounds like 'key asshole' Rolling Eyes
Post #94720 17th Oct 2011 4:56pm
DefenderOfTheEarth

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
The pics here are dire but some of the more "developed" ones look a little better.
However they are using the old design "trick" of showing it with ENORMOUS wheels and ultra low profile tyres which are as useful off road as a pair of brand new Church Oxfords (shoes!).

Sadly the fundamentals of the Defender conflict a lot with current trends - it MUST have bluetooth, sh4tnav, electric everything, must NOT be simple enough to repair but anyone without a £20k dedicated computer system, must be aerodynamic (i.e too low), must have almost every drivetrain system replaced with nannying electronics that break a lot, must be the size of a small Continent, must weigh at least three tonnes, must still have a CO2 output of under 100g/km, must have steering so lifeless that you wonder if they remembered to connect the wheels properly and must also have a bloated, plastic bodykit.

So sadly, the Defender in it's current guise is doomed. Big Cry Big Cry Defender 110XS SW gone... now VW California 180 4 Motion.
Post #99891 14th Nov 2011 3:58pm
discoed

United Kingdom 
I think it has potential. It was never going to be the same as the defender, vehicle design and construction has moved on. It will be cheaper and easier to build. My main concern is that they produce a good, reliable, simple base version for commercial applications with fewer electronic gizmos. I think the latest pics in Autocar show a classy looking vehicle. The Defender will still be produced somewhere for sometime but its time has passed

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/la-motor...?im=473683

I want one! Thumbs Up
Post #101265 20th Nov 2011 10:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>