↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > poor cold starting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
The Boy

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
Grockle wrote:
I know your conract is with the dealer,but LR customer services have got to do something for you they can't expect you to allow these same parts to be fitted for a sixth time,with our Td5 it was off the road for over 20 weeks on and off over an 18 month time span with water ingress ,I don't know if you have this direct no 01926 691862. hope this may help Boy.

Am talking to them at this time and like yours the numbers they start with 691 so probably the same office. Though to be honest not the first time I have spent hours on the phone to them wityh no outcome.
Post #6221 12th Jan 2009 4:15pm
The Boy

Grockle wrote:
I know your conract is with the dealer,but LR customer services have got to do something for you they can't expect you to allow these same parts to be fitted for a sixth time,with our Td5 it was off the road for over 20 weeks on and off over an 18 month time span with water ingress ,I don't know if you have this direct no 01926 691862. hope this may help Boy.

Am talking to them at this time and like yours the numbers they start with 691 so probably the same office. Though to be honest not the first time I have spent hours on the phone to them wityh no outcome.
Post #6222 12th Jan 2009 4:15pm
The Boy

Another update I phoned my dealer to see if LR customer service had phoned him as they said they would? They haven’t! (No change there then)Anyway had a chat with him about the situation and he told me (off the record) that Technical are very aware of the problem and educated guess he would say that 80% of “Engineering” are working on this problem and have been for quite some time! Now that is interesting and would explain quite a bit.
Post #6224 12th Jan 2009 5:46pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
The Boy wrote:
Another update I phoned my dealer to see if LR customer service had phoned him as they said they would? They haven’t! (No change there then)Anyway had a chat with him about the situation and he told me (off the record) that Technical are very aware of the problem and educated guess he would say that 80% of “Engineering” are working on this problem and have been for quite some time! Now that is interesting and would explain quite a bit.

Same with the Diffs Mike
Post #6230 12th Jan 2009 6:52pm
The Boy

After 8 days of moaning I finally got a hire car (freelander) today so that is something. Dealers seam to be well on side now. LR technical are still saying to fit the new parts even though the dealers are telling them there is no point as it makes no difference. Anyway one of the new parts is not availible anyway and they don't know how long it will take to get them.
Post #6273 13th Jan 2009 10:03pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
The Boy wrote:
After 8 days of moaning I finally got a hire car (freelander) today so that is something. Dealers seam to be well on side now. LR technical are still saying to fit the new parts even though the dealers are telling them there is no point as it makes no difference. Anyway one of the new parts is not availible anyway and they don't know how long it will take to get them.

You've not had a hire car! shocking

An option, why dont you try whatchdog? Mike
Post #6278 13th Jan 2009 11:09pm
The Boy

Don't really want to do that (yet). Have been onto LR Customer Care but they are next to bloody useless. This problem has been going since October 2007 and they still can't fix it! Since April the 4th 2008 I have kept a diary of every phone call, breakdown and recovery so I thik I am in quite a stong position but they really don't givce a fig. I spoke to the dealers again this mornign and LR techinical are still telling them to fit these two parts (one of which is not availble) and will not listern to them. He has repeatedly told them these have been fitted 7 times before and made no difference, they jsut won't listern.
Post #6290 14th Jan 2009 12:26pm
hadenough

United Kingdom 
The Boy
Hi the LR enginer is comming to see ares again on Monday .
This is the last time if they do not fix it, we are going to give it back to are lease company as they also do not want to help.
I think my Husband will have a heart attack if he carrys on with this defender.
Post #6294 14th Jan 2009 3:39pm
The Boy

Right everybody here we go......................................

Just got off the phone with Land Rover Customer Care.

Yes they will be still fitting the new parts even though they don't fix the problem. "These will be fitted as a temporary fix until land rover engineering can find a solution to the problem", I have asked for this to be put into writing and they say they will (not sure they will) . They said the reason it has taken them 14 months to get to this is because I am the only one (how funny is that) that has this problem.
Post #6295 14th Jan 2009 4:12pm
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Sounds more like war and piece, good luck mate. 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #6312 15th Jan 2009 9:34am
The Boy

Grockle wrote:
Sounds more like war and piece, good luck mate.

No really this is good news, they have amitted there is a problem and they admitted they don't know how to fix it and they are going to put it in writting (I hope). They say that LR Engineering are working on a solution. This is great news when you consider that I have had this problem since October 2007 and up until now they just would not talk to me. They would jsut keep it for up to 3 weeks give it back and say it is fixed and then it would stop again. They are still saying mine is the only one which has the Death Rattle but we know that is not true don't we? Laughing
Post #6314 15th Jan 2009 10:00am
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Keep at them Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #6315 15th Jan 2009 10:44am
The Boy

Evening guys

Had a phone call form the dealers this afternoon to say my 110 was ready. Drove over to Bedford and picked it up now fitted with another fuel rail and sensor (as a temp fix until LR engineering come up with a pernament fix). I drove neally 300 yrd before it brokedown LOL. Death Rattle and this time almost a total loss of power. I could not get it over 3k revs felt like the turbo had packed up! So back to square one again Rolling Eyes

Boy
Post #6348 16th Jan 2009 8:57pm
Verdone

Belgium 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Java Black
They should just give u a new one, they all have their little niggles and problems but what is happening with yours its rdy for the scrap, or they just put a new engine in because they r just beating around the bush Evil or Very Mad
Post #6351 16th Jan 2009 10:10pm
Eduardo

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
WHAT!!!

Shocked Shocked Unvelievable Shocked Shocked

What can I said?. Unfortunately nothing, You have all resons to be very angry, really I dont know why LR is so reluctant to change the motor.

Sursum Corda The Boy! Eduardo

MY 2007 110 SW PUMA 2.4: Big Fog of 64'
MY 1994 Jayco 1207 Folding camper: "El Tremendo"

Click image to enlarge
Post #6354 17th Jan 2009 1:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>