1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #6111 9th Jan 2009 5:45pm
The Boy

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
Thanks Thumbs Up
Post #6112 9th Jan 2009 5:47pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
try another dealer - if that doesnt work - go to the small claims court and take the summons out against the dealer (your contract is there) - you will then need a quote for the repair, evidence its doing it, an engineers report etc.

But you should also give them the time to fix it. Mike
Post #6119 9th Jan 2009 6:12pm
The Boy

Already been down this road, firstly I could not find a engineer who knew about modern land rovers and had good qualifications who was willing to put his name to a report against land rover. I have already taken legal advice and was told this too but it did cost me quite a bit.
Post #6124 9th Jan 2009 6:22pm
Eduardo

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
The Boy wrote:
Already been down this road, firstly I could not find a engineer who knew about modern land rovers and had good qualifications who was willing to put his name to a report against land rover. I have already taken legal advice and was told this too but it did cost me quite a bit.

If the motor is a Duratorq I believe that a Ford expert can help you on that. As I remember most of the taxis in London have a quite similar motor.

The main problem here is how much time and repairs you will give them. You cannot stay there infinite time.

At least in the chilean law: If the good fails in a period of 6 months, you give the seller the opportunity to repair or change the good. If at the second time the goods doesn't you have the right to change it for a new one or to receive your money back. Also we can present a claim to the Customer Protection Services that give us legal consuel and as a mediator between the company and the customer to solve the problem. I dont think that UK laws are different in that.

Cheers and dont give up Eduardo

MY 2007 110 SW PUMA 2.4: Big Fog of 64'
MY 1994 Jayco 1207 Folding camper: "El Tremendo"

Click image to enlarge
Post #6127 9th Jan 2009 7:30pm
The Boy

Eduardo wrote:
The Boy wrote:

If the motor is a Duratorq I believe that a Ford expert can help you on that. As I remember most of the taxis in London have a quite similar motor.

The main problem here is how much time and repairs you will give them. You cannot stay there infinite time.

At least in the chilean law: If the good fails in a period of 6 months, you give the seller the opportunity to repair or change the good. If at the second time the goods doesn't you have the right to change it for a new one or to receive your money back. Also we can present a claim to the Customer Protection Services that give us legal consuel and as a mediator between the company and the customer to solve the problem. I dont think that UK laws are different in that.

Cheers and dont give up

Thanks Edaurdo
Mine started to play up when it was 4 months old. They told me that i had to wait a couple of months to see if other owners reported the problem and 10 had to do this before LR woudl do anything. It kept breaking down for another 6 months so I got legal advice and was told they probably did this because after six months I could not demand my money back. I wish I knew what I do now! I was conned by land rover but it has all beeen logged in a diary but still I feel they are a bunch of ......
Post #6132 9th Jan 2009 8:05pm
Eduardo

The Boy,

Probably they are a bunch of ..... trying to cut costs.

A car that as been in the dealers workshop "n" times to be repaired looks like an easy case in a court.
In Chile we also have a system in the newspapers called Direct Line, were the people can complain about companies that does not fulfill contracts, etc. Thye take contact with the company to request a solutionn. It is quite effective mainly because companies doesnt like to appear in a newpaper with problems. Maybe you can try the same.

Cheers Eduardo

Click image to enlarge
Post #6139 9th Jan 2009 9:55pm
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
The Boy wrote:
Forgot to ask what is a PLV???????

See above: "Pressure Limiting Valve"
Post #6167 11th Jan 2009 9:25am
The Boy

Well if I get it back next week we will know if it is that won't we but i have been here so many times before I don't want to get my hopes up.
Post #6169 11th Jan 2009 9:36am
The Boy

OK latest update. Rang dealers this morning to see how the fitting of the new parts is going. Service manager say he has just been back through the record and these two part have been replaced by him four times and twice by another dealer. He said there is no point fitting them and has bounced that back to Technical. Technical have said they don’t know what to do! He told me to get onto customer service and complain again. He is at a loss as to what to do and so am I. No bloody car, no hope it will be fixed yet! What else can I do? Even the dealers are 100% on side now, he even told me he nearly crashed it into a wall moving it this morning as it went into its death rattle mode on him. LOL
Post #6206 12th Jan 2009 1:23pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
The Boy wrote:
OK latest update. Rang dealers this morning to see how the fitting of the new parts is going. Service manager say he has just been back through the record and these two part have been replaced by him four times and twice by another dealer. He said there is no point fitting them and has bounced that back to Technical. Technical have said they don’t know what to do! He told me to get onto customer service and complain again. He is at a loss as to what to do and so am I. No bloody car, no hope it will be fixed yet! What else can I do? Even the dealers are 100% on side now, he even told me he nearly crashed it into a wall moving it this morning as it went into its death rattle mode on him. LOL

There must be something amiss here - if the dealers are on your side they should be telling LR it needs a new engine and taking the battle there, to the point they get it done and argue with LR Later (thats what mine have done in the past) Mike
Post #6213 12th Jan 2009 2:13pm
The Boy

Land Rover will not let them fit an engine but can offer know way of fixing it other than the two parts mentioned earlier. These parts have been fitted about 5 (ish) times before and the dealers like me are now saying “why what’s the point it makes no difference?”
Post #6215 12th Jan 2009 2:59pm
Eduardo

The Boy,

As MSE said, this battle should be done together with the dealer againts LR and the dealer should be the most indicated to suggest LR to change the motor.

I'm not a lawyer but, as a safety measure I would request a written statment about everything. If the dealer said that, just ask them to put it in write.

Regards Eduardo

Click image to enlarge
Post #6216 12th Jan 2009 3:07pm
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
I know your conract is with the dealer,but LR customer services have got to do something for you they can't expect you to allow these same parts to be fitted for a sixth time,with our Td5 it was off the road for over 20 weeks on and off over an 18 month time span with water ingress ,I don't know if you have this direct no 01926 691862. hope this may help Boy. 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #6219 12th Jan 2009 3:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>