ken wrote:
60w lightbulb ....so watt Whistle

Laughing Thumbs Up

Call me Very Happy Interloper from disco3
Post #86824 31st Aug 2011 1:46pm
carpenpa

England 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Cairns Blue
Has potential
Well I like it and I would really like to see what the LWB turns out looking like and what clever stuff is planned for the interior. It looks as though it is not bloated width wise which is helpful when squeezing past tractors and tesco delivery vans in cornish lanes. Thoroughly enjoying my landrovers in the far west.
Post #86825 31st Aug 2011 1:48pm
yaho

Poland 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Keswick Green
I have used the picture in Google picture search (feature where you upload a picture in a search query).

It is Volvo truck (13th search result) and Ferrari (2nd result) crossover! Shocked
Moreover:
- it has 2400cc Mercedes petrol engine (16th pic)
- equipped with a tent, as seen on two pictures - 5 and 11

But what the heck are doing here all those animals (goat - pic 10, cows - pic 12, bird - 18, monkeys - 19)?
Any ideas?

Janusz
www.yahodeville.com
Post #86827 31st Aug 2011 1:57pm
Morea

Post #86830 31st Aug 2011 2:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Setok

Finland 
Sonic3d wrote:
Setok wrote:

I'm also very concerned how reliable it is

Can`t be any worse than the current one Rolling Eyes
I had 2 new 110 double cabs in 2 years and both were the most unreliable vehicles i`ve ever owned Rolling Eyes

This is by far the most important thing Land Rover needs to fix here. Never mind they sell 20k Defenders pa. That figure could be much higher simply by improving the reputation for reliability. It's the #1 reason people give for getting a Land Cruiser (after all, what others are there?).
Post #86833 31st Aug 2011 2:35pm
SVX90

United Arab Emirates 
&feature=related
Post #86839 31st Aug 2011 2:54pm
fishrider

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Keswick Green
To me and it's just my opinion , the evoque is a horrid looking car and so are the special edition defenders. Just shows how important design is in creating emotional responses from people . Apple are the biggest company in the world because Steve Jobs recognised how vital design is.
The most basic thing they could do is to try and build a comfortable Defender as it is. Everyone loves the shape of it. The complaint I get from anyone who's ever been in mine is " it's a bit bumpy and noisy isn't it "
To me it's as simple as that..Less noise and thump and they'd have sold thousands more.
If the design isn't even going to include round headlights..then what can you say..Porsche would never change the 911's side profile, I'd be commercial craziness.
LR's design teams are living in an alternate universe to the the rest of the worlds, there's no design cues that it's a defender. No emotional response , no sales I bet too.
Disappointed ! 110 HT TD5 - 110 XS SW Puma
Post #86847 31st Aug 2011 3:27pm
Steve B

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
fishrider wrote:
To me and it's just my opinion , the evoque is a horrid looking car and so are the special edition defenders. Just shows how important design is in creating emotional responses from people . Apple are the biggest company in the world because Steve Jobs recognised how vital design is.
The most basic thing they could do is to try and build a comfortable Defender as it is. Everyone loves the shape of it. The complaint I get from anyone who's ever been in mine is " it's a bit bumpy and noisy isn't it "
To me it's as simple as that..Less noise and thump and they'd have sold thousands more.
If the design isn't even going to include round headlights..then what can you say..Porsche would never change the 911's side profile, I'd be commercial craziness.
LR's design teams are living in an alternate universe to the the rest of the worlds, there's no design cues that it's a defender. No emotional response , no sales I bet too.
Disappointed !

Well put Fishrider Thumbs Up 
Post #86853 31st Aug 2011 3:46pm
Red Desert

Germany 
Shocked What the hell......pretty embarrassing idea of Land Rover. This study is like a slap in the face.
Post #86859 31st Aug 2011 4:00pm
iruffell

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Quote:
The most basic thing they could do is to try and build a comfortable Defender as it is. Everyone loves the shape of it.

The problem is that they will never get anything like the current shape to pass the pedestrian safety regs.
They also need to get the build costs down, the current Defender is basically hand built by Brummies, it's expensive and leads to all the reliability issues we all complain about in the current model.
Post #86864 31st Aug 2011 4:11pm
DG

United Kingdom 
fishrider wrote:
Apple are the biggest company in the world because Steve Jobs recognised how vital design is.
!

121st biggest actually Whistle Obviously apple can make its consumers believe anything Laughing Wink Interloper from disco3
Post #86867 31st Aug 2011 4:26pm
fishrider

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Keswick Green
I guess I meant from when they did the 2007 update. They neglected designing a smooth auto and engine and buffing the car up with better sound acoustics. Surley they'd have hung onto so much more of their market share. If it's true and they can't get any defender design cue's in at all then I reckon they should put it to bed. I mean this is as big of a re-brand as Pepsi did..
Maybe the problem now is they just build too many models of cars. I'm just confused now..If they put round headlamps in and alpine windows and kept the big swing door at the back , I'd be happy Smile
Still in shock.. 110 HT TD5 - 110 XS SW Puma
Post #86869 31st Aug 2011 4:30pm
eutek

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
fishrider wrote:

100% in agreement. Design is key. It appears from the looks of this atrocity that the design team spent their time studying the Yet and that ugly Kia SUV.
Post #86870 31st Aug 2011 4:34pm
cobs

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Cairns Blue
Quote:
there's no design cues that it's a defender. No emotional response , no sales I bet too

that's the key point - for current Defender owners to consider it then it needs to have some styling cues from the current model - the DC1000 has none
Post #86872 31st Aug 2011 4:42pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
funrover wrote:
Call me sick, but I actually quite like it Very Happy

I will buy one - fantastic Mike
Post #86873 31st Aug 2011 4:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 33 <123 ... 567 ... 313233>