↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > New car protection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
haymeister

Japan 
Soundslegal: Yes, I have the ABS plastic one.

I agree with you that the black brushed steel bumper will likely scratch and be unsightly.

The good thing about the plastic one is even if it's scratched it looks alright.
I've had my kids dig their ski boots on the bumper, drag their mountain bikes out the boot and the scratches look 'the part'. Check out my IG.

If you can't wait for the ABS one, then perhaps the full cover in silver is better than the one in black (may not go well with certain body colours though) 22MY Defender 110 D300 S in Pangea Green and Contrast White Roof
IG defender_japan "Hulk san"
Post #985629 15th Mar 2023 2:39pm
soundslegal

United Kingdom 
Yeah, not sure the bright stainless finish will work well on a black bumper / black wheels / Tasman blue car sadly. Would be the only brightwork on the car.
Post #985630 15th Mar 2023 2:41pm
Tim in Scotland

soundslegal wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:
One thing I have learned from PPF though is if you want the extended wheel arches fitted AFTER the car has been coated then the adhesive strips won’t stick to the PPF no matter how much cleaning you do with the alcohol wipes, you have to cut back the PPF to the paint finish. Hence why I have a full set of 110 European extended wheel arches in an unopened box - should have done better research before buying the wheel arch kit from PowerfulUK! And why I have specced them on my 90 so they are there before the film is fitted!

Ah good point yes. I want to get a rear bumper cover from Powerful UK if they come back into stock in time, so need to think about fixing that before the PPF (though perhaps it would be less of an issue given the additional surface area for fixing?).

https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/land-r...-l663.html

My rear step wasn’t wrapped with PPF, none if my bumpers were so it’s not a sticking problem. If you are interested I have their step “protector” the one that just sits on top of the rear bumper, not the the one that wraps all round the edge too, it’s unused and is OEM and looks like this coming up for sale.
https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/land-r...-l663.html

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #985636 15th Mar 2023 3:08pm
soundslegal

United Kingdom 
I am looking for something that gives a bit more protection than that I'm afraid - bikes and dogs will be endlessly in and out the boot so need to protect the bumper corners/edges.
Post #985646 15th Mar 2023 4:25pm
Nick-St

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I got the Powerful one last week - worth waiting for one I think as it wraps round the edges to give more protection...
Post #985649 15th Mar 2023 5:12pm
Tim in Scotland

I also bought the one that overlaps the edges of the rear bumper last week……… this one
https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/land-r...-l663.html Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #985656 15th Mar 2023 6:42pm
adnan_u88

United Kingdom 
I've had 3 different quotes for full body PPF - £3k, £4k, £5k.

Can anyone else share what they have paid or been quoted for PPF?
Post #985694 15th Mar 2023 11:49pm
Nuclear Nick

United Kingdom 
The going rate for full PPF a year ago was around £5k normal retail, top quality, when I was looking.

I didn't really want to shell out that much so was looking at doing just the bonnet and sides, which was going to cost around £3.5k. In the end I was able to get full coverage at 'mates rates' through a friend. It's Xpel clear gloss and has the 10 year warranty so I would recommend going for that level of quality through a reputable fitter if you can.
Post #985709 16th Mar 2023 7:45am
Buz1500

United Kingdom 
The cost for PPF was the deciding factor for me when I chose to have Ceramic coating.

I don’t take my car off-road and i’m very fussy when cleaning my car using the accepted good wash techniques. The ceramic coating won’t prevent 100% of possibly paint damage but it should ensure that my car keeps in tip top condition for the time I own it. It will also make the cleaning that much easier, hopefully.

Horses for courses, as they say. 2019 Range Rover SDV8 Autobiography
2023 Defender 110 P400e X-Dynamic HSE - gone
2020 Defender P300 SE - gone

2019 Jaguar F-Pace SVR - gone
2013 SDV8 Autobiography - gone
2011 L322 TDV8 Vogue SE - gone
2006 L322 3.6 Vogue Se - gone
1999 P38 4.0 se - gone
199? Classic 3.5 - gone
Post #985713 16th Mar 2023 8:30am
Tim in Scotland

To have my 90’s front, bonnet and both sides up to the window line done with Expel Clear Gloss I’ve been quoted £2350 by the detailing company I used for both my 110 and the Mini and to whom I take the cars monthly to for a £30 wash and hand dry, they treat any nicks or damage to the PPF at the same time (I’ve only needed one bit trimmed in 3 years so far on the 110 and nothing remedial on the Mini)
I 2020 I paid £1900 for the same areas of the 110 to be covered with the same Expel PPF Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #985734 16th Mar 2023 11:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12